There's a man in mah bathroom!!! - Trans bathroom thread

Crazy Lee

20 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

One guy cherry picks articles to prove that all trans people are murderers.

The high prevalence of HIV among transgender people is probably more of a factor.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/gender/transgender/

Since they are choosing to be transgender despite this, they are in fact, murdering people :V

Seriously though, did you expect a rational debate from some repressed-cross-gender J. Edgar wannabee?

You can't help logical fallacies if the argument is inherently flawed.

• Like 1

Sometimes when I'm at the bar and the men's restroom is busy I'll piss in the ladies restroom.

As an occasional drunken asshole, its nice to know I'm finally getting the legal protection I deserve.

Also something about equal rights for transgender people or whatever.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

If I may put in my unsolicited two cents, both sides have been just a tad aggressive over this thing. 

Anyway, the people who are afraid of transexuality don't really understand what it is our how it is recognized, and judging from my discussions with such people there is a genuine concern that protections will be abused by people with impure intentions. And, on a related topic, some are concerned that people really are suffering from incompetent psychologists. 

Why do people jump to that instead of looking at protections as relief for people in need? I think it is because they have no idea that anyone suffers without them, and see unneeded change.

Most people are not malicious, and will oppose an injustice when they see it. If you want to change things, make injustices visible, and teach if you can. For your own part, hatred reproduces wildly so stifle your own.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

If I may put in my unsolicited two cents, both sides have been just a tad aggressive over this thing. 

Anyway, the people who are afraid of transexuality don't really understand what it is our how it is recognized, and judging from my discussions with such people there is a genuine concern that protections will be abused by people with impure intentions. And, on a related topic, some are concerned that people really are suffering from incompetent psychologists. 

Why do people jump to that instead of looking at protections as relief for people in need? I think it is because they have no idea that anyone suffers without them, and see unneeded change.

Most people are not malicious, and will oppose an injustice when they see it. If you want to change things, make injustices visible, and teach if you can. For your own part, hatred reproduces wildly so stifle your own.

Ignorance is typically the issue, yes. 

I think the main scare from it is primarily a self-made one, though. The issue at hand was made up, not sprung up after a situation where a fake-tranny walked into a bathroom to molest women and pull out their tranny card to justify it. 

Most people do not understand transgenderism at all, and therefore are worried about something they cant comprehend, thats the kimd of issue that can be fixed with time and patience...

...and hopefully not succumbing to random opposing sides spewing bile

• Like 1