There's a man in mah bathroom!!! - Trans bathroom thread

Crazy Lee

There's a civil war a'brewin, and it's not about superheroes, or iron men, but about where trans people can pee....

Yes, I'm starting yet another thread about gender identity issues... but I am so amused at how this whole thing has become one stupid ass issue. Likely due to religious conservatives who are angry about gay marriage being fully legal now, and needing another issue to bleat about, and sit on their jesus high horses about. Figure out how to erode gay rights little by little, like they erode abortion rights little by little, by saying it's to protect "your daughters!" in the bathroom. Republicans used fearmongering... it's super effective!

However, I am about to say something that may be an unpopular opinion here. While I could care less what restroom you use if you are trans, you may have to settle with using your bio-sex bathroom for now. Unlike homosexuality, transgender is not quite as accepted in society. Some people probably still see it like cross dressing, as a man who just wants to dress like a woman for jollies. And since fundies seem to be obsessed with EVERYTHING being a sexual perversion, (I mean seriously when was the last time these people got busy?!) jollies is the best word to describe it. If you're a Caitlyn Jenner or Buck Angel, and pass well enough to go into the bathroom of your inner gender, then go right ahead. Likely no one will notice, and hopefully no one is checking people's junk. If you're trans but don't do anything externally to match your inner gender, for the moment you may have to stay in your birth gender bathroom.

This also goes for teenagers who are trans who want to use a certain locker (like in Chicago), and probably haven't transitioned at all. You may be internally a woman, but to high school girls there's a boy in the locker room, even if you use a stall to change. And while I understand that using the bathroom of your inner gender is important to not feel depressed or suicidal, to feel complete, like society accepts you as you are... and that using a unisex single-toilet bath may feel like "separate but equal" or "not good enough" you might have to take that for now.

I'm not even sure why people seek external validation for their gender identity in any case. They haven't gotten to my point of not giving a fuck about anyone else's opinion.

Still, the debate is popcorn worthy at times, with all the fearmongering and absolute bullshit false data being thrown around, and people boycotting Target (which was an overpriced place to begin with). One infamous street preacher tried to "identify" as a Target employee and get an employee discount, while being retarded enough to not understand that identifying as an employee has NOTHING to do with gender identity... silly fundie. Or this preacher screeching in a Target, that I mentioned in the time-wasting thread:

The guy filming this is with the preacher. I wonder if these people realize that Target is private property, and Target can kick them out if they wish, and that's not a violation of First Amendment rights. I fully expected that black preacher to squeal about racism if the cops showed up. 

And people keep on bringing up all the times that a man entered the woman's bathroom at Target, not even noting that none of those instances were with a transgender or with a man dressed as a woman. Cute.

Do we have to have this thread?

Do we?

Ffffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

I'm sick to death of hearing about this personally. Yeah Transwomen will definitely rape everything with their dead sex drives and largely non-functional junk. Nevermind Transmen just seem to not exist as usual.

I can't care about this, because it doesn't matter. No matter how it resolves, no one will be happy.

Let everyone go where they need? Women will be uncomfortable.

Don't? Men will be uncomfortable.

So what the hell does it matter anyway.

Meanwhile, hilarious stories about Anti-LGBT Activists 'Testing' Target By Sending Men Into Women's Rooms pops up into my newsfeeds.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Clove Darkwave said:

Do we have to have this thread?

Do we?

Ffffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

If I have to keep hearing about people screeching about what should be a non-issue, than everyone else should too!!!

I'm sick to death of hearing about this personally. Yeah Transwomen will definitely rape everything with their dead sex drives and largely non-functional junk. Nevermind Transmen just seem to not exist as usual.

You mean there are women who dress like men?! Those filthy tomboys!

Meanwhile, hilarious stories about Anti-LGBT Activists 'Testing' Target By Sending Men Into Women's Rooms pops up into my newsfeeds.

I know those fundies want to get their jollies running into women's bathrooms like the child-diddling sexual predators they are, but do they really have to use transgender issues as an excuse?

• Like 1

I just know there will be cisgender men and women who get kicked out of their own sexes' bathroom, and end up suing. Even asking could be offensive. Imagine what might happen when a woman with broad shoulders has to answer nature's call. She might already feel self-conscious and sensitive about her physique. Asking if she's trans would be even worse than asking an overweight woman, who isn't pregnant, when her baby is due.

• Like 3

Fucking WI is still aiming at shutting down these bathroom things because we got a big, stupid section of idiots who love their guns and their Jesus more than their neighbors. I don't think it'll pass, but if it does, all the fucking awesome concerts we've been getting over the last few years might dry up if what happened in North Carolina is any judge.

I NEED MY DOSE OF METAL OR I WILL DIE

Let people pee where they want. IDGAF. It's a bathroom.

But then again, I work wtih grown ass men who are disgusted by the idea of guys picking up tampons for their girlfriends/wives when needed because, EW VAGINAS BLEED SOMETIMES so I have no real faith in anything these days :\

• Like 1

It's already illegal to assault or sexually harass people, and there has been no showing that trans-men/women have done enough of this sort of activity to warrant additional action.

How about we just let people void their bowels and bladders in the restroom of their choice and deal with the perverts individually?

Just now, 6tails said:

I would actually wager that would boost the forum numbers, were such a thing made publicly known.

It would also probably attract a ton of trolls.

Are you up for the challenge? :D

Two of the most hated creepy people groups all wrapped into one nice forum?

challenge accepted

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

However, I am about to say something that may be an unpopular opinion here. While I could care less what restroom you use if you are trans, you may have to settle with using your bio-sex bathroom for now. Unlike homosexuality, transgender is not quite as accepted in society. Some people probably still see it like cross dressing, as a man who just wants to dress like a woman for jollies. And since fundies seem to be obsessed with EVERYTHING being a sexual perversion, (I mean seriously when was the last time these people got busy?!) jollies is the best word to describe it. If you're a Caitlyn Jenner or Buck Angel, and pass well enough to go into the bathroom of your inner gender, then go right ahead. Likely no one will notice, and hopefully no one is checking people's junk. If you're trans but don't do anything externally to match your inner gender, for the moment you may have to stay in your birth gender bathroom.

I thought this was common knowledge

1 hour ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Unisex cans. Let's all poop together in peace and harmony. 

We can learn to do it. 

Amen

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

You mean there are women who dress like men?! Those filthy tomboys!

Amen

I bet if you ran a study those fundies against this bill have a much high percentage of pedos than us trans people.

If you don't pass you should just handle the situation with grace with whatever you decide....

But let's be honest, bathrooms aren't places to get naked. They aren't sexual havens, they are generally pretty private.

• Like 1

Just get rid of gendered bathrooms altogether, and avoid this mess.

Want a toilet? Pick a stall.
Want a urinal? Pick a stall.

Regardless of what you are on the gender scale, congratulations, you now have a place to shit.

Now wash your hands and go.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Cingal said:

We should segregate bathrooms by weight.

I'd much rather use a bathroom after a group of burly men who think they're women than a 400lb ham-beast.

See then you got people uncomfortable about their weight, raises a whole other issue. 

I do like the idea if unisex bathrooms, just put stalls in then. 

No, we should clearly separate them by cleanliness.

You will have an evaluation of how you took care of your mess after leaving your stall.
Enough marks for not being courteous and hygienic to the next person unfortunate enough to use that stall, and you get banished to the disgusting bathroom.
Have fun with shit and blood all over the walls and seats. You earned it.

EDIT: Better yet, force criminals to clean them, as part of their compensation labor.
I'm sure after enough time in one of those places, Joe McBreakins is never gonna wanna to look at another person's house ever again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Women's bathrooms are all stalls anyways so I don't see the issue. 

Personally I use the men's bathroom since I still present as a dude and I don't feel like explaining this shit to strangers. A shitter's a shitter.

Except the people arguing against transgenders using the camode are claiming it will allow perverts to walk in and fondle your wimminz and Chirin. :V

8 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Except the people arguing against transgenders using the camode are claiming it will allow perverts to walk in and fondle your wimminz and Chirin. :V

That's what I mean. if it's nothing but stalls it's harder for people to harass people since everyone's in a separated.

I for one personally support target's decision. When I got to take a shit, I can simply grab the closest open stall. 

7 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

This thread reminds of like three separate reasons that I'm glad to live in a civilized country.

Blah blah blah blah blah Ashley somehow toting how he has it good blah blah blah blah blah blah no one continued to even care blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Just now, Toshabi said:

Blah blah blah blah blah Ashley somehow toting how he has it good blah blah blah blah blah blah. 

Well, me and thirty-six million other Canadians.  Though admittedly there are people in a good number of Northern European countries who have outdone us.  However we don't live next to them, we get to look at the burnt out crack house with the parted out Ford Taurus atop cinderblocks on the lawn that is The United States of America, so relatively speaking things look pretty damn amazing here.

• Like 1

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Well, me and thirty-six million other Canadians.  Though admittedly there are people in a good number of Northern European countries who have outdone us.  However we don't live next to them, we get to look at the burnt out crack house with the parted out Ford Taurus atop cinderblocks on the lawn that is The United States of America, so relatively speaking things look pretty damn amazing here.

Hey now, one of these days I'm going to totally make that taurus into a badass sports car.
(once I get a high enough paying job....)

5 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Yup, definitely Canadian. Any real American knows that's a Chevy S-10 up on cinderblocks, the engine up on a cherry picker hoist, and it's not a lawn, it's a freaking jungle that a BushHog couldn't wade through.

I'll cut the damn lawn.... as soon as I fix the lawnmower that's broken like the Taurus and the S-10... now for a beer and some football *scratches fat belly protruding out of wifebeater and cracks open a budweiser*

what I hate about these bills is that they're written under the guise of protecting women and girls from the evil men who apparently go into bathrooms to harass them when 1.it's such a rare occurrence and honestly they're more likely to be raped by someone they know than some rando in a bathroom. in broad daylight and 2.the people supporting these bills probably don't care about the safety of women and girls any other time.

as far as passing is concerned, that's kind of..well you can't always tell if you're passing or not. obviously if you're really far along in your transition then you're probably fine, but what if you pass sometimes? me personally I pass about 60% of the time. even on days when I don't think so. I've almost been chased out of bathrooms because I looked slightly too boyish..so what do I do?

the irony is that people threaten to take guns into public bathrooms and beat up trans people to protect themselves but like, what if they accidentally hurt someone who's not actually trans?

I personally like single-stall bathrooms though. they're so peaceful and I don't feel as cramped

23 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

another gender thread???

im starting to think this forum is an extremely niche one pertaining to furry transpeoples. can we just make the trans subforum already, gaiz?

I made a thread months ago :(

One incredibly stupid argument is that it's going to allow women to be raped in the bathroom.

Like, yeah, sure... They'll be raped in a public toilet... In broad daylight...

If a man was going to walk into a public toilet and rape the women, why would he care whether or not he was permitted to enter the toilet?

I think this whole argument is pretty silly anyway though; I don't care if somebody feels hurt because they weren't allowed to poop in a way that reaffirmed their identity.

21 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I think this whole argument is pretty silly anyway though; I don't care if somebody feels hurt because they weren't allowed to poop in a way that reaffirmed their identity.

I'm insecure in my masculinity please dont take away my q-tips and my pooping rights!!1!

q-tips-mens-ultimate-multi-tool.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

Arguably, most people couldn't identify a transgender woman right off the bat if they saw one enter in the public restroom. Ideally, most trans wouldn't go into a woman's/men's room out of safety if they weren't dressed/presented as one in the physical sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Arguably, most people couldn't identify a transgender woman right off the bat if they saw one enter in the public restroom. 

Which is part of why I advocate just going unisex. 

We're just not going to be able to create a catch-all regulation system for this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Which is part of why I advocate just going unisex. 

We're just not going to be able to create a catch-all regulation system for this. 

Cheaper, simpler, safer too. Less stigma, makes it harder for creeps because more people around=more people to notice if someones watching over a stall or something.

• Like 5