Nintendo Movies

Tsuujou

Nintendo is hoping to be making movies! http://www.slashfilm.com/nintendo-animated-movies/

The link has these particular quotes from president Tatsumi Kimishima which stuck out to me.

"...probably not a live-action [so inb4 lol we've seen Nintendo make a Mario movie before] one. Because we have IPs, we’re thinking we could also do something like [Disney/Pixar]. It is something to keep in mind as we make all this concrete."

“I want to use an IP that is popular with everyone. But, I’m not saying it’s going to be Super Mario, I’m only saying we’ll put out something that everyone knows very well.”

I fully expect Mario or Zelda, but I feel like StarFox is also pretty high in probability. But nobody knows yet. Anyway. What do you guys want from this? I'll take about anything from their main IP's even things I don't really play much like Fire Emblem. I'd love a no dialogue Yoshi's Island movie though.

Just now, SirRob said:

You know that animation is like two steps short of being my ultimate sexual fantasy though

You are some kind of fiend, though that does indirectly get me thinking about something I want to see from AFIS...

48 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

we could also do something like [Disney/Pixar]. It is something to keep in mind as we make all this concrete."

PleasenoCGIPleasenoCGIPleasenoCGIPleasenoCGIPleasenoCGIPleasenoCGIPleasenoCGIPleasenoCGI

...I mean, its better than live-action but I really want to see more traditionally animated stuff from them. Make it all an anime or if they're going to copy Disney copy their work on Princess and the Frog/Winnie the Pooh. 2D PLEASE.

Anywho, I'll be hoping for a Kid Icarus movie animated by SHAFT like they did those shorts and Palutena's Smash Bros. announcement. Would be gr8.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

PleasenoCGIPleasenoCGIPleasenoCGIPleasenoCGIPleasenoCGIPleasenoCGIPleasenoCGIPleasenoCGI

Q_Q

In all seriousness though, I would love for them to do a Starfox movie. The only problem is the plot rips so many well-known elements from other sci-fi that it'd be hard to do a straight conversion without it coming off horribly campy.

13 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I never get why people hate CGI

I mean, I wouldn't outright object to it and would still watch it. I liked that Star Fox Zero short even with its weird choppiness. I just find drawings to be more interesting to look at and was kind of sad that the market for it in animated films pretty much died. Disney outright fired its traditional animators and when asked about it, the people making the Sly Cooper movie said that there just wasn't as much of a market for it looking more like a comic book rather than taking the CG route. So most movies nowadays are like that, so it often feels like traditional animation is an almost dead medium outside of anime and a select few cartoons (most of which animated in Flash, unfortunately, not that I hold anything against Wakfu/Dofus).

I wish I could go into detail with my reasoning, but truth be told I don't entirely understand why I have a distaste for CGI either. I will say CG doesn't age as well as 2D stuff does, although at this point I doubt the movies now will look bad a decade from now.

7 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Q_Q

In all seriousness though, I would love for them to do a Starfox movie. The only problem is the plot rips so many well-known elements from other sci-fi that it'd be hard to do a straight conversion without it coming off horribly campy.

But campiness is Star Fox's -thing-

I mean it stars woodland creatures in space

• Like 1

If it's a StarFox movie, I just don't want the voicing as terrible as Zero's/Battle Begins. The most flat, stock voices I've heard in a long time. And to be a hypocrite, I myself hope we don't get an anime movie. I'd prefer CGI or the sort western/Disney approach to animation (if they can afford that and meet deadlines). I always feel something is just...lost in even the highest budget anime. Even Redline and that's my favorite movie ever.

But Nintendo likes to be weird. Maybe they could do something innovative. Like make a CG Yoshi movie, but give it the painterly look Yoshi's Island had? Regardless of anything they do, I feel like they'll pull a rabbit out of a hat. The Mario Movie was 20 years ago so we can let it the fuck go. They'll make something swell.

I'd love a Zelda movie,
or possibly Metroid. (And not the dumb interpretation we got out of Other M.)

Also, I feel like I'm in the minority for actually liking the Mario movie,
in spite of its flaws.
The concept and interpretation of symbolism in relation to the game elements was super interesting, from a world-building perspective

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vae said:

(And not the dumb interpretation we got out of Other M.)

I couldn't fucking believe it when I saw it myself.  Metroid Other M.  MOM.  A station called the Bottle Ship.  It looks like a baby's feeding bottle.  And let's not forget Samus doing her best Justin Bieber impression going THE BABY every other line.

23 minutes ago, major lee snake said:

I couldn't fucking believe it when I saw it myself.  Metroid Other M.  MOM.  A station called the Bottle Ship.  It looks like a baby's feeding bottle.  And let's not forget Samus doing her best Justin Bieber impression going THE BABY every other line.

Not to mention Furby Ridley, the Zero Suit heels, space waifu Motherbrain, and Samus' persistent need for Daddy Adam's approval and to give her the cummies.

A proper movie rendition of Metroid 1, Super Metroid, or even Fusion would be nice.

7 minutes ago, Vae said:

Not to mention Furby Ridley, the Zero Suit heels, space waifu Motherbrain, and Samus' persistent need for Daddy Adam's approval and to give her the cummies.

A proper movie rendition of Metroid 1, Super Metroid, or even Fusion would be nice.

I refuse to believe Other M isn't a joke.  It's like satire, but it's completely earnest.

3 minutes ago, major lee snake said:

I refuse to believe Other M isn't a joke.  It's like satire, but it's completely earnest.

It honestly plays out like a bad fanfiction,
where Adam is the author's avatar.

Shame that the CGI was so goddamn pretty, though.

I'm gonna make a call now and say it's gonna be an Ice Climbers movie

The tragic tale of two adventurers of a questionable relationship, as they traverse the treacherous, chilling hellscape in search for humanity's last source of food.

How about a Xenoblade Chronicles movie? I think I could go for a re-telling of the first game as a movie with fancy high end CG visuals. As long as they bring back all the old voice actors and all. Gotta have those British VAs.

7 minutes ago, SirRob said:

I'm gonna make a call now and say it's gonna be an Ice Climbers movie

The tragic tale of two adventurers of a questionable relationship, as they traverse the treacherous, chilling hellscape in search for humanity's last source of food.

I-Mockery may have predicted the future.

ic.jpg

• Like 1