What Triggered Your First Feeling of Nostalgia?

DrGravitas

Papagannuchi  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Well do ya? Punk?

• Yea ;_;
    • Nah -_-
    • Comedy Third Czechbox
    • Why is this a multiple choice poll? Or hell, why is it a poll at all?

I was reading a book (Simon Stålenhag's Tales From The Loop) on my lunch break, hoping to catch a package delivery, when a particular passage mentioned the narrator recognizing a particular memory as being the first time he experienced nostalgia. It was interesting to me: normally one focuses on the past they felt nostalgic for, but in this instance it was a reflection on a past feel of nostalgia.

I struggle to think of what my first feeling of nostalgia was, but I among the earliest came about from watching a Charlie Brown and Snoopy cartoon where they gi looking for the farm they bought Snoopy from. They find life has moved on and the a parking garage now stands in its place. The line, referencing some intellectual (whose name is lost to me) struck a chord in my young, displaced mind: "I guess [they] were right; you really can't go home again."

So, do you remember your first nostalgic moment?

• Like 1

When i watched some videos about maplestory.

I had than this strange pressure on my chest and got sad because i can remember when i played it the first time.

I played maplestory with 8 or 9 years and i still enjoy it but sadly cant play it because of hackshield .

And i got a second  feeling of nostalgia when i saw new season of the anime pretty cure because i remember watching the first season as kid and i loved it.

• Like 2

I can't pinpoint one feeling, as I had a lot of it once I hit a certain age, but I think this one was around the time that they first made the announcement about old Pokemon cartridge batteries dying.  I got a sudden rush of memories about my first Pokemon journey, the ups and downs, and it compelled me to go looking for it.  To my shock, mine still worked, and I went through my Pokemon, just remembering how it first felt to play the game and how attached I was to my Pokemon.  It's the reason I started playing the games again, in fact.

• Like 1

It's hard to pinpoint the very first moment of nostalgia but one of the strongest nostalgia moments for me was when I heard one particular video game OST. It was Cave Story+ which I had just bought.  I used to play that game when I was a kid and there was this very catchy opening tune and as soon as I heard it, I recognized it. Instant and strong moment of nostalgia struck me. I had remembered the music for so long yet I didn't know where it originated from. I was so relieved to have it finally rediscovered. 

Needless to say, Cave Story is just as good as I remembered. Even better now that I can read in English and actually know how to play a game properly. I Highly recommend you give it a try. 

• Like 1

Too fucking young to feel it, especially then.

But regardless, the first time is when I broke my Fallout New Vegas disc in a spectacular fashion that involved a fuckedup Xbox and an avalanche of poorly stacked items. After a few months I saw the case and, it made me miss it.

Now I just miss the old me.

I got a new disc.

• Like 1

I can't pinpoint a specific one, but a very strong one recently was listening to the song Killer Queen for the first time in 12 years. One of my very early memories was when I was about 4 years old. I was sitting in the back of my dad's car, and it was raining outside. I was looking out the window, and I very specifically remembered a song playing, but I didn't know what the song was called. 12 years later, and I find myself listening to Queen, right? Well, I click on a song called Killer Queen randomly, and behold, that's the song!

• Like 4