40K Forum Games!

DrGravitas

Yay! I think the games are my favorite section; I like the arbitrary nature of it ; you can get to know people quite well, in more abstract terms. I like the ones best where it takes some thought, to think & write up a good reply. And, it just seems like more fun, with less fighting, grandstanding, and showboating. (No offence to fighters , grandstanders or showboaters)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Was expecting Warhammer 40K. Severely disappointed. Thumbs down.

This is odd, but I have no real idea of what Warhammer 40K is. I mean, I think it's a video game, maybe a table-top game, but not a single image comes to mind. Sometimes I think I am an odd fur, for missing so many references like this! But maybe it's because I don't much like wars, or hammers. I do like a lot of board games, and video games from the Sonic the Hedgehog era, and before, though! I hope my membership as an official furry is not cancelled! : V

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

This is odd, but I have no real idea of what Warhammer 40K is. I mean, I think it's a video game, maybe a table-top game, but not a single image comes to mind. Sometimes I think I am an odd fur, for missing so many references like this! But maybe it's because I don't much like wars, or hammers. I do like a lot of board games, and video games from the Sonic the Hedgehog era, and before, though! I hope my membership as an official furry is not cancelled! : V

That's okay, we're only going to judge you slightly for not knowing of the existence of a tabletop game, book series, and video game series that's been in existence since 1987 :3c

I mean, its weird, given the internet exists, and warhammer memes have been a thing for like ten years, but not unheard of, I mean I know people who don't know about Max Headroom, soo...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LadyRadarEars said:

That's okay, we're only going to judge you slightly for not knowing of the existence of a tabletop game, book series, and video game series that's been in existence since 1987 :3c

I mean, its weird, given the internet exists, and warhammer memes have been a thing for like ten years, but not unheard of, I mean I know people who don't know about Max Headroom, soo...

It is weird! I guess I tend to live in my own little world, sometimes. It's funny, too, because I do make regular visits to a large, local gaming store with my mate, but I guess we mainly hover about in the part with games like Stone-age, Istanbul, Pandemic, Catan, Splendor, Dead of Winter, The Village, and a lotta Euro games....so I should get a few nerdy/geeky bonus points! But now that I Googled it, I probably have even seen it played there, but it just never registered. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fossa-Boy said:

It is weird! I guess I tend to live in my own little world, sometimes. It's funny, too, because I do make regular visits to a large, local gaming store with my mate, but I guess we mainly hover about in the part with games like Stone-age, Istanbul, Pandemic, Catan, Splendor, Dead of Winter, The Village, and a lotta Euro games....so I should get a few nerdy/geeky bonus points! But now that I Googled it, I probably have even seen it played there, but it just never registered. 

Well unless you have the 'fun' types who shout out orky phrases or who show off their ridiculously expensive, hand-painted and lovingly detailed Imperator Titan you're just going to see a bunch of colorful wargaming miniatures. I'm actually more of a Flames of War person, myself, because shouting Polish words at my friends while my cavalry lances their artillery teams is always fun :3

Pandemic's pretty cool too. Although if I'm going to be honest, my absolute favorite board game is Liftoff!, the one where you ran a sixties era space program. So fun, so sad its out of print ;-;

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rhíulchabán said:

DID SOMEONE SAY 40K, HORY SHIET!?!?!

1465769904233.jpg

TIME TO CORRUPT THIS THREAD WITH CHAOS! :D 

(oh... its just a post count thread, fuk)

ITS ALWAYS OKAY TO CORRUPT THREADS WITH CHAOS, YOU FILTHY HERETIC.

<3

417.jpg

...I am unsure if this is spam or not, given its semi-celebratory.

OH WELL.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2016 at 0:13 PM, Fossa-Boy said:

This is odd, but I have no real idea of what Warhammer 40K is.

Don't feel bad, I don't know a huge amount about the W40k either.

All I know is that it started off as a tabletop minifig game spun off from Warhammer (another minifig game that I think was fantasy based). Now there have been novels written, at least one video game as well. And other things, like all the memes.

And about the universe, I just know it's in the far future, I think 40k years in the future or some shit. That mankind is under some Empire called the Imperium of Man, which is ruled by a Emperor that's basically cemented his power by acting like a God and forming a religion around himself (L Ron Hubbard?). I think he actually died of old age but the empire makes it seem like he's still alive. And anyone who goes against the religion of the God Emperor is a heretic. And must be punished usually by death.

Edit: Oh and all the marines have ridiculously huge shoulder armor, also there's never enough dakka and needs to be more, and also blood goes to the blood god.

And that's about it... which is more than you knew until now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Don't feel bad, I don't know a huge amount about the W40k either.

All I know is that it started off as a tabletop minifig game spun off from Warhammer (another minifig game that I think was fantasy based). Now there have been novels written, at least one video game as well. And other things, like all the memes.

And about the universe, I just know it's in the far future, I think 40k years in the future or some shit. That mankind is under some Empire called the Imperium of Man, which is ruled by a Emperor that's basically cemented his power by acting like a God and forming a religion around himself (L Ron Hubbard?). I think he actually died of old age but the empire makes it seem like he's still alive. And anyone who goes against the religion of the God Emperor is a heretic. And must be punished usually by death.

Edit: Oh and all the marines have ridiculously huge shoulder armor, also there's never enough dakka and needs to be more, and also blood goes to the blood god.

And that's about it... which is more than you knew until now.

Actually he championed atheism because he wanted to kill the gods, but one of his not-sons accidentally a religion and after he became crippled it just kind of expanded.

ALSO TIME FOR MORE HERESY.

564.jpg

• Like 1

Serious post for just a second here, but if anyone actually is interested in the lore of 40k, hit me up. I'm actually the 40k Fluff moderator on Heresy Wargaming forums, so I know the lore of 40k almost back to front. You don't need to be buying expensive plastic models to enjoy this side of the hobby, as there is plenty of reading material built around the setting and multiple video games. The collective lore of 40k covers almost every trope and theme there is in both Science Fiction and Fantasy and provides some excellent storytelling goldmines.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Serious post for just a second here, but if anyone actually is interested in the lore of 40k, hit me up. I'm actually the 40k Fluff moderator on Heresy Wargaming forums, so I know the lore of 40k almost back to front. You don't need to be buying expensive plastic models to enjoy this side of the hobby, as there is plenty of reading material built around the setting and multiple video games. The collective lore of 40k covers almost every trope and theme there is in both Science Fiction and Fantasy and provides some excellent storytelling goldmines.

Also Vassal and Tabletop Simulator exist, too :V

BACK TO YOUR NIGHTLY SCHEDULED HERESY.

9ac.jpg

• Like 2