holiday banner requests

Banner Holiday Request Thread

Request a month or a week or a day in which to receive a custom banner of the Phoenixed forums. It must either be 1) a national holiday in your country or 2) a quirky thing like "Pirate Day".  By "requests" means that by no means will be a guarantee I'll do it; just think its a cute thing to do and have the option to do, if there's time. I can usually knock these out in about 20 minutes.

Anything off topic will be deleted. Repeated offenses will result in an infraction. 

format in which to post: 

Holiday Name / Holiday Date or Dates / Reason why it should be made into a thing for Phoenixed

FAQ

1. lmao i thought you left
    • I exist now as a purely design based moderator, as I am the one that handled design stuff. Within Site Discussion is the only capacity in which I will deal with Phoenixed, and within site discussion, anything involving themes and graphics.
  2. why aren't you doing religious holidays?
    • I'm refusing to do religions because it's not exactly inclusive to most folks, so lets keep it broad and light hearted.
  3. Can I submit a logo banner?
    • at this time, no. I'm happy to take your suggestions, however.

Current Holiday Banners

• Phoenixed's birthday [done]
  • Thanksgiving [done]
  • Christmas [done]
  • New Years [planned]
  • Valentines Day [planned]
  • St Patricks Day [planned]
  • Fourth of July [planned]
  • Halloween [planned]

How about the beginning of summer?

Summer (Vacation)/June 20th,/Summer is a universal thing, and it's nice to celebrate the ending of frigid, cold weather. Plus many people take vacation or school time off at this point.

(I just used June 20th since Google says the summer solstice begins then. Date could probably be moved.

• Like 1

• Guest featured and pinned this topic
On 12/5/2016 at 5:23 PM, Silo said:

Just a small question: will the default avatars also change with each season or holiday?

No, only because I hadn't thought of that. I might entertain the idea though; its pretty easy to pop it in. What would you suggest? 

5 hours ago, Lemon said:

No, only because I hadn't thought of that. I might entertain the idea though; its pretty easy to pop it in. What would you suggest? 

I honestly don't know.

Maybe the background could be changed or trinkets added onto the site logo(such as in Gravitas' suggestion).For something like PF's Birthday, it could be turned into a collection of multi-colored balloons covering the entire avatar box.

• Guest unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2016 at 6:07 PM, Chrysocyon said:

Paw Day / May 20th / Because furries

I'd do it for shits and giggles. You might have to remind me though.

Any suggestions for valentines day? I was just thinking a basic heart with an arrow through it, but wanted to open the floor. 

8 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I'd do it for shits and giggles. You might have to remind me though.

Any suggestions for valentines day? I was just thinking a basic heart with an arrow through it, but wanted to open the floor. 

That sounds pretty good. There's not much variety in Valentines day, so it'd be hard to come up with anything better. A simple rose could work, but it maybe not so well with the red theme. Maybe a scattering of rose petals, but that'd be hard to convey (plus the whole red theme thing). Maybe candy hearts with sarcastic text on them but that'd be a lot of extra work; better to keep it simple.

10 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

Will there be a banner for April 20th? It is Hitler's birthday/weed day after all!

I mean I'd fuckin do it but I'd want to run it by @ArielMT, @Zeke, @Vae and @willow first. 

9 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

It should be a babyfur cupid shooting a furry in the ass with an arrow

everyone go home this is what i'll do.