Fighting Games

Lucyfish

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Played my friend in Smash the other day. Don't know what the fuck I was thinking. Dude trains with ZeRo, False, Nakat, and MKLeo and took some tournaments before he had to focus on school...
Didn't last 40 seconds against his Falcon. I didn't see ANYTHING coming. He might as well have just played a level 1 CPU. ;-;

3 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Played my friend in Smash the other day. Don't know what the fuck I was thinking. Dude trains with ZeRo, False, Nakat, and MKLeo and took some tournaments before he had to focus on school...
Didn't last 40 seconds against his Falcon. I didn't see ANYTHING coming. He might as well have just played a level 1 CPU. ;-;

He trains with ZeRo and MKLeo? Jesus christ, you probably got bodied, or JV3 stocked, since you mentioned that it only lasted 40 seconds. R.I.P.

5 minutes ago, Shiro said:

He trains with ZeRo and MKLeo? Jesus christ, you probably got bodied, or JV3 stocked, since you mentioned that it only lasted 40 seconds. R.I.P.

It was...bad. I was Link and couldn't space him out at all. I got caught in the foot stool+Dair infinite like it was a basic jab combo. I ate every single knee setup whether it was a soft hit or the sweet spot. And of course, I got my ass spiked.

I wasn't ready. I knew I was going to lose, but not to that degree.

13 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

It was...bad. I was Link and couldn't space him out at all. I got caught in the foot stool+Dair infinite like it was a basic jab combo. I ate every single knee setup whether it was a soft hit or the sweet spot. And of course, I got my ass spiked.

I wasn't ready. I knew I was going to lose, but not to that degree.

Damn, that's rough. In my opinion, Link vs C. Falcon is a bad match up due to Falcon being able to close gaps very quickly as well as his combo game. I do know the struggle though. I've been a Sheik/Marth dual main since melee, and with that one patch that killed sheik's combo game and kill potential a while ago, it was like learning the character all over again.

25 minutes ago, Shiro said:

Damn, that's rough. In my opinion, Link vs C. Falcon is a bad match up due to Falcon being able to close gaps very quickly as well as his combo game. I do know the struggle though. I've been a Sheik/Marth dual main since melee, and with that one patch that killed sheik's combo game and kill potential a while ago, it was like learning the character all over again.

Yeah, my usual spacing tricks, he just saw coming. B reversed arrows, z-drop bombs, canceled short hop fair, general gale play. He just answered all of it. I was at least doing good to mix up my recoveries. Until he started guessing correctly. I've been trying to pick up Marth but he's got too much lag for me. Especially his aerials. He feels so sluggish. I don't know how he's being considered as a top tier now. 

32 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Yeah, my usual spacing tricks, he just saw coming. B reversed arrows, z-drop bombs, canceled short hop fair, general gale play. He just answered all of it. I was at least doing good to mix up my recoveries. Until he started guessing correctly. I've been trying to pick up Marth but he's got too much lag for me. Especially his aerials. He feels so sluggish. I don't know how he's being considered as a top tier now. 

My guess is that it's due to the buff his tipper was given. Marth is all about perfect spacing, and if you land those tippers, they have insane knockback potential, as well as doing a hefty amount of damage. F smash sweet spot at the edge of the stage can kill at 50%. In my opinion, he is a high risk high reward character.

On 12/19/2016 at 4:19 PM, Shiro said:

seeing the way void plays shiek still has a bunch of combo potential, it's just her inability to be able to kill anything. shes still lots of fun for me to play just because of being the lowest risk character in the game. 

4 hours ago, Rhíulchabán said:

So I don't know much about fighting games in general, is Guilty Gear worth getting into? My brother recently purchased it and I gave it a quick test-drive, but I don't know enough to know if it is quality

Even though I have never played it I can confirm it is quality

• Like 1

On 12/21/2016 at 2:50 AM, Rhíulchabán said:

So I don't know much about fighting games in general, is Guilty Gear worth getting into? My brother recently purchased it and I gave it a quick test-drive, but I don't know enough to know if it is quality

It is an amazing fighting game series, it's one of the harder ones to learn but it also one of the best in terms of balance. In most versions of the game even the worst characters are viable and people have won at the highest levels of gameplay with the worst characters so that shows the balance. Also in terms of stlye I personally love it. It has a great style and also one small thing I like a lot is it gives certain character match-ups unique intros and outros.

also I think they use GGPO for their online in the msot recent games so their netcode is good

• 3 months later...
On 2017-04-25 at 11:56 PM, yell0wf0x said:

New mvc infinite trailer is out and I'm happy to see rocket making a comeback. Now we need talbain to join from capcom. 

It looks like Mortal Kombat art style.
I don't like it. MvC1-2 had such a great 90s comic book/anime style that was so well done. Oh how I wish 2D fighters would come back for Capcom.

@Tsuujou

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I kinda lost interest in fighting games when it mostly turned to tournament style gameplay. I liked the questing aspect of it a lot. One game I miss was SNK/Neo Geo's Samurai Showdown. It wasn't about flashy combos but landing really good strikes.

That said I liked Tekken and Soul Calibur for their reduction of button clutter that bothered me a bit with games like Mortal Kombat (which I enjoyed the first 2)

I don't mind games with combos, I mean Killer Instinct was pretty interesting to watch but I felt like Capcom went overboard with it.

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

There's a bunch of really good players hunting in the beginner mode in the new Marvel game. What a dick move, fuck online warriors ;~;

And this is why I never play fighting games online with random people.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2017 at 4:24 AM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I would have assumed they dropped him because he's shit and nobody uses him unironically.

My problem with her is the fact that kangaroos are more badass than the somewhat cutesy character they portray Rodger as, and often times I feel embarassed playing as her.

That being said, in TTT2 I often use Rodger Jr. as a joke boss. I turn on Training Mode and have a set HP for the characters to reach before calling a victor.

As for PETA, that didn't stop them from adding Kuma/Panda. But then again, Kuma/Panda is kind of the flagship wacky character that's been there from the beginning and has become regular for the games: Rodger's that character they bring in every once in a while, but that's about it.

• Like 1