So like. I figured I start a thread about one of my all time favorite shows in the universe fuck you I do what I want! Also might contain spoilers.

With season 19 currently showing and a new game in the works, let's all discuss how this show is like shit and it how everything looks like shit and how shitty the animation is and the shit music and shit voices and shit ton of pop culture shit fest.

Anyways. Is it just me or is season 19 turning out to be a letdown  (haven't seen episode 4 yet but I will soon). The number of laughs I got from the first 3 episodes wasn't a lot. It was okay at best in my opinion. But I feel the edge was missing. Or maybe I got my expectations quite high after seeing how good season 18 was. 

I actually found Season 18 to be the letdown, though this is going in a similar trend. I feel like the stuff they're making fun of is too much in the forefront and not part of the side story or going on around whatever nonsense the kids are getting into. Like, Yelp Reviewers are silly, but not silly enough to need a full blown episode for them.

Pewdiepie at the end of Season 18 still fucking weirds me out.

Still, Mr. Garrison fucking Canadian Donald Trump to death was a highlight of the series :P

As much as I love South Park, I miss the days when their stories were original and current events were a side thing. Now its just a weekly current events cartoon with South Park characters. The Stick of Truth felt more like the original South Park than anything else, which is why I loved it so much

• Like 1

I actually found Season 18 to be the letdown, though this is going in a similar trend. I feel like the stuff they're making fun of is too much in the forefront and not part of the side story or going on around whatever nonsense the kids are getting into. Like, Yelp Reviewers are silly, but not silly enough to need a full blown episode for them.

Pewdiepie at the end of Season 18 still fucking weirds me out.

Still, Mr. Garrison fucking Canadian Donald Trump to death was a highlight of the series :P

season 18'S finale was kinda weird and felt a bit off in the whole sense of it. Like they just threw in everything and thought that maybe it'd work. 200 and 201 was a better rehash episode. I liked the continuity and the overall feel of the season (grounded vindaloop was by far the best one for me) tho. It was quite a refreshing after a couple of kinda stale seasons. 

I hear the current season is "meh"

I actually do find it a bit meh. And I'm not being a grandpa. Tho the 4th episode was a bit better than the first 3. 

As much as I love South Park, I miss the days when their stories were original and current events were a side thing. Now its just a weekly current events cartoon with South Park characters. The Stick of Truth felt more like the original South Park than anything else, which is why I loved it so much

I actually found out a lot of current events thru southpark.  I'm not big on the news. xD I think that's where southpark'S charm is from. Especially since they usually do it quite quickly. Was dissapointed they didn't do a follow up episode during season 18 after the whole reporter death thing that happened last year. Would've been awesome. 

Loved stick of truth tho. And the 3 episode advertisement that led up to that in season 17 was epic in my opinion. I find Matt and trey's smart humor and story telling coupled with their musical background really entertaining. 

I actually found out a lot of current events thru southpark.  I'm not big on the news. xD I think that's where southpark'S charm is from. Especially since they usually do it quite quickly. Was dissapointed they didn't do a follow up episode during season 18 after the whole reporter death thing that happened last year. Would've been awesome. 

Loved stick of truth tho. And the 3 episode advertisement that led up to that in season 17 was epic in my opinion. I find Matt and trey's smart humor and story telling coupled with their musical background really entertaining. 

I can agree with that. They do bring up a lot of current events issues I never heard about and that 3 episode Black Friday special was awesome, but sometimes with their current events stuff, they either hit it out of the park or they just seem like they're on a soapbox

I can agree with that. They do bring up a lot of current events issues I never heard about and that 3 episode Black Friday special was awesome, but sometimes with their current events stuff, they either hit it out of the park or they just seem like they're on a soapbox

I'm hoping they'd do another trilogy with super heroes this time to promote the fractured but whole. Maybe get the whole mcu vibe like they did game of thrones. I'm so psyched even tho they don't have a release date for it yet. 

Aside frm curent events tho, they really like taking on video games which i find more fun anyways. They have quite a lot of episodes tackling those too. And most of them are quite good. Hell season 18 mostly tackled video game culture. 

I'm hoping they'd do another trilogy with super heroes this time to promote the fractured but whole. Maybe get the whole mcu vibe like they did game of thrones. I'm so psyched even tho they don't have a release date for it yet. 

Aside frm curent events tho, they really like taking on video games which i find more fun anyways. They have quite a lot of episodes tackling those too. And most of them are quite good. Hell season 18 mostly tackled video game culture. 

I didn't much care for those episodes. Part of it was I figured they had more important things to tackle since the world's a mess, but I also think they struck a little too close to home at points. :P

Southpark after season three is pretty shit. First three seasons are hilarious and I can still rewatch them n laugh to tears. But the new stuff? Eck... just doesn't have the same soul.

I miss when Cartman was just a stupid fat kid instead of a closet homosexual megalomaniac anti-christ. Also Kenny dying every episode. That was always such a treat way back in the before times. The long long ago. ;[

Southpark after season three is pretty shit. First three seasons are hilarious and I can still rewatch them n laugh to tears. But the new stuff? Eck... just doesn't have the same soul.

I miss when Cartman was just a stupid fat kid instead of a closet homosexual megalomaniac anti-christ. Also Kenny dying every episode. That was always such a treat way back in the before times. The long long ago. ;[

Don't agree with you for the most part--I think the show has really gotten better with age, these last two or so seasons notwithstanding--but I absolutely miss Kenny dying every episode. I can see why they retired the joke, but I"d be happy if they brought it back at least once in awhile, ya know?

Don't agree with you for the most part--I think the show has really gotten better with age, these last two or so seasons notwithstanding--but I absolutely miss Kenny dying every episode. I can see why they retired the joke, but I"d be happy if they brought it back at least once in awhile, ya know?

I have to concur with @Conker on this one. There are a lot of good episodes after season 3. Hell. I rewatch all seasons and the movie almost every day. Just cycling thru each one. 

And the best episode in my opinion is on season 5. Scott tenorman must die showcases the full character of cartman. I never found cartman as just a stupid fat kid. I think of him as a manipulative evil genius. Man i could just here him now "the tears of unfathomable sadness. Yummy".

Also critter Christmas and make love not warcraft. 

it's true tho that Kenny dying is something I miss too. But I like how they incorporated it to his whole mysterion Persona. 

Without much controversy to take advantage of, this season feels very lackluster. They did have a lot of funny moments and awesome three-part trilogy episodes, like the console wars. The "Cissy" episode also addressed the transgender bathroom issues and how cis people treat transpersons, which was very heart warming,

They are making fun of the PC culture. Some of it is funny, some isn't.

• Like 1

Is it just me or were they totally Game of Thrones obsessed last season? 

Well to be fair, the world seemed Game of Thrones obsessed during that time :P

But yeah. It seemed like it was a bit everywhere. Or just fantasy stuff in general, which was heavily involved in the video game.

I just watched episode 1905 yesterday and I'd have to say. It went back to shit. I was hopeful since episode 4 was quite better and thought the season might be going up again but man. That was a dissapointment. It honestly could've been funny but I think theyre really just forcing it this time around. 

The entire series needs more episodes about Cartman being a depraved psychopath because they're objectively the best.

The 'safe space' episode literally only scratched the surface of how horrible a person like Cartman could be if he went full SJW. He could make Chris-chan look like a misunderstood softie in comparison.

Also if the season finale unmasks PC Principal as The Undertaker and John Cena shows up to put a stop to him once and for all in the ring then I win a $100 betting pool.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...