The Digimon Thread

Kinare

I feel like the only one ever who admits to liking Digimon. I'm not a super duper fan I guess since I hate everything past season 3 (after they butchered the opening theme), but damnit if I don't love the first 3 seasons a ton. I'm a Digimon action figure hoarder, the good ones by DArts and S.H. Arts cuz am adult. I have a Digivice though from season 4 because the season 3 Digivice that I had got destroyed and when I bought it the season 1-3 ones were not cheap if you want one that works and is in fair condition.

I have played Digimon World Championship for the DS and love the heck out of that. It's quite like Pokemon, but better because reasons I'm too lazy to list atm, so you'll just have to trust me on that. I also downloaded the Digimon World games, but started on the last one first and got bored of it after maybe 5 hours in because I got lost and no guides were helping.

What the fuck is up with that gal's pants at 1:05? That's not cool yo. It's some sort of skirt pant thing and just... no.

Otherwise, that looks pretty killer. But PSV and PS4 only? I has neither. 3: Kinda been wanting to get a PS4 and they might just be cheap enough that I'll want to go for it by the time that comes to 'Murica (assuming it does). We shall see I guess...

My favourite Digimans are the big ones with muscles blrrgghhh

So nearly all the Digimans then. =p

---

I've always liked Digimon overall a little more than Pokemon just because it felt more mature, the content a lot fiercer generally speaking and the monsters themselves a lot more complicated and badass looking. Pokemon was quite popular though of course, so that's a lot of the reason I ever liked that and started collecting the cards and playing the games. Has always been hard to find fellow Digimon fans. 3:

• 3 months later...

The new game is coming out soon. So hype. It actually looks like a really great RPG. At the very least its got a cool artstyle. Love Yasuda's work. Anyone else getting it? I'm going to import the English Asia Vita version and play it on my PSTV.

I can't get the new game unfortunately cuz no PS4 or Vita. v.v PC gamer here, except for my 3DS which I've only played a few hours on since owning it and the few older consoles. Can't justify buying a PS4 for just one game. Nearly any other games that are interesting to me can also be purchased on PC and are cheaper because sales are more likely, plus sites like G2A exist to give you discounts on launch/pre-order of brand new games, so it's very hard for me to justify a console when I already have a great gaming PC and laptop.

Edited by Kinare

• 3 weeks later...

Weregururumon is my spirit animal

latest?cb=20100107231032

Notice me Senpai!

I liked Digimon World for Ps1 when I was a kid. Though the game was unbalanced and hard as shit. It was still fun though. Haven't played any other Digimon video games. The Digimon show beyond season 1 is pretty ass from what I've seen, but I do love that first season.

• 6 months later...

Digimon World: Next Order is coming to the West! ....Digital only and PS4 only. 

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/digimon-world-next-order-coming-west-ps4-early-2017

I'm really happy about this news because these games look decent in my opinion. Though I wish they'd also get releases on PC. Plus Redigitize Decode for the 3DS still hasn't come over. Having only a fantranslation instead of an official Western release is kinda lame.

• 1 year later...