Taking Requests... ?

AyGee

So, I'm hoping to build up a better body of work on my FA, and at least get practice to the point where someone might be willing to put up real world money for what I do.  That said, I'm gonna try opening up some requests!  I'm probably only going to take three tops at my own discretion.  This is going to be my first time semi-officially doing art for others (my Extra-Life drive being a false-start), so bear in mind all the caveats with getting free art, and try to be nice while I test-drive my turnaround time.

Try to keep it relatively SFW, have references handy, and suggestions in mind!  Again, this is at my discretion, and some things might pique my interest more than others.  Don't take it personally if I pass up your request while I get a feel for what I'm motivated to take on.

Also, my gallery is here -> https://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/aygee/folder/8203/My-Own-Drawings

And for those too lazy to follow links, here's some choice images as examples:

Can't figure out how to put images into the board from links.  Gonna have to do some research now.

Man, I am just oozing competence.  It was under 'Insert other media.'  Here's some examples!

17635380@400-1441827738.jpg

18375093@400-1448833344.jpg

18470798@400-1449756549.jpg

Edited by AyGee

WIN_20151120_215900.thumb.JPG.d4592b77c8

here is a ref, for pose ideas:

-playing bagpipes
-playing harp
-giving a blow with his sword
-buttoning down his spats (that'd be a challenge to draw!)
-hanging on a bar drunkly with a glass of whiskey
-dancing the highland fling (pose example http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51MD9Lqek-L.jpg )
-dancing the sword dance (pose example: http://www.britishtheatreguide.info/images/sword-dance.jpg )

steampunk dalzell.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Revates said:

http://imgur.com/pljAlPh

Ummm, this is the only form of art I have of my character. So is my only ref. But if you end up drawing him feel free to make him wear whatever you want. I'm not picky about that.

Poses? Do whatever you want... 

7 hours ago, Kaizan said:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/18251825/

heres a ref for kaizan! Maybe you could do him falling asleep at a work desk? I'm not great at coming up with poses :P

Did... Did I just get two requests in a row that involved blue canines in their underpants?

Anyway, I'm gonna start with Azurex tonight and see if I can get a sketch down.  And, ah, I'm sorry Revates and Kaizan; I might have to give your OC's a pass in the meantime in favor of Caledonian's Highland Fling.  That pose looks kind of fun!

• Like 1

Hi, I'm interested...I can't connect to DA or FA right now xP If I have any reference images on my computer I'll link 'em

144968781077545.jpg.fc6c8c7017a7e5227c28

Suggestions:

Crouching on the edge of a skyscraper, looking down

Leaning against a wall, arms crossed

Sitting cross legged on the ground with a stuffed animal/pillow against his chest

Sitting on a treebranch with legs dangling from it, above a small body of water/pond

Good luck with your new wave of art, I'll be checking your stuff out ^_^

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

2 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

Aye! Luckily I did have it saved on my comp, but there's the link to the image and description and whatnot, nonetheless. Thanks for being a helper~

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AyGee said:

Did... Did I just get two requests in a row that involved blue canines in their underpants?

Anyway, I'm gonna start with Azurex tonight and see if I can get a sketch down.  And, ah, I'm sorry Revates and Kaizan; I might have to give your OC's a pass in the meantime in favor of Caledonian's Highland Fling.  That pose looks kind of fun!

Lol, @Revates we're killin the original sona game right now :P 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AyGee said:

Alrighty, got some -real- rough done just now; mostly working out the pose before I have to go to bed.

I decided to do Azurex kicking back and watching some shows, while Axle inevitably works himself into the picture somehow:

d4cc49760e.jpg

More to come soon!

Omg you drew your guy as a "monster under the bed" x3 thats awesome...

Alrighty!  Been a while since I updated.  I'm doing these in order here, so next up is Caledonian!  Got a rough for ya:

e7732139d7.jpg

If he looks a little thin, it's because I plan on adding all that woolly floof after I figure out where everything goes.  For a character that doesn't wear a shirt, he sure has a lot of gear on his person!

Edited by AyGee
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Caledonian said:

This is really cool!

if he is too complex to draw in this position, you could leave out some details. Im very happy you want to draw him anyway :) 

It's fine!  I'll never learn if I don't challenge myself.  Besides, the pose is quite fun!

Ok!  Working on the next one!  This roughs's for WolfNightV4X1 :

f232097b4e.jpg

Had to look up wing anatomy on this one, and even them I'm still guessing a little.  Decided to mash you pose requests together and ended up with 'looking thoughtful over the edge of a building.'

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AyGee said:

Ok!  Working on the next one!  This roughs's for WolfNightV4X1 :

f232097b4e.jpg

Had to look up wing anatomy on this one, and even them I'm still guessing a little.  Decided to mash you pose requests together and ended up with 'looking thoughtful over the edge of a building.'

wow neat, and the creative liberty is fun too.

...and yeah, I get you, wings can be oddball to draw when never done before, was a pain to understand at first for me. I apparently still have issues with them. But y'know, a challenge is a learning experience. Thanks for the WIP

Edited by WolfNightV4X1