My dad

MissFleece

Just picked up my dad from the airport and I am preparing for hell. In the three hours I've endured his presence so far, he has used the phrase "overweight lesbian sex" three times, and has already started hounding me about transferring colleges.

However, he has also mentioned buying me a new car, and seems to be really happy I made a commission and I'm starting to earn my own money.

I just hope this visit goes well. We're meeting my brother's wife for the first time, and he can be very insensitive. My brother's wife suffered from anorexia and dad pesters everyone about their weight...So I'm really worried.

Mom didn't threaten to beat him to death on the ride home, so I count that as a win. I just hope she feels the same way tomorrow.

well, he bought my groceries for me, proceeded to have a screaming match with mom over a story about bananas and when I started to cry (I don't do well with loud noises :/) he started mocking me "are you stressed? Huh? ARE YOU STRESSED AMANDA" and I just broke the fuck down. How fucking embarrassing. I need to get this commission done but right now I kind of need a breather and to stop crying. I feel so stupid, I should be able to work through that.

Get a hold of yourself and tell him that he can go home if he's such a dick. Unless there is a law telling you otherwise it's your choice if you interact with him or not at all.

Family is just blood. It nothing else. You don't live with them any more or rely on them, right? Than there is no reason to endure this at all.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

Honestly, he sounds incredibly toxic and you should take everything from him you can and run.

Life insurance is nice too!

43 minutes ago, Recel said:

Get a hold of yourself and tell him that he can go home if he's such a dick. Unless there is a law telling you otherwise it's your choice if you interact with him or not at all.

Family is just blood. It nothing else. You don't live with them any more or rely on them, right? Than there is no reason to endure this at all.

He's not my real dad, he's my brother's dad, so it's not even by blood. My real dad is an asshole too though.

I've been poor all my life, homeless for a lot of my childhood and he suddenly came in and bought me a house/car/schooling. I feel obligated to deal with his attitude, since he got my mother and I out of my grandfather's house right before my uncle went on a murdering spree...I kind of owe him my life. 

He even put me in his will. I get a fucking THIRD of his wealth when he dies, and he's very rich man. I would be a millionaire... 

I'm totally willing to deal with the panic attacks and break downs for two weeks a year if it means I don't have to go back to living how I was...he goes back to Panama soon. 

I just wanted to vent a bit. He has bipolar disorder and he refuses to medicate. He just makes my mother and I feel...subhuman most the time. 

And I'm a sell out, lol.

17 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Hot dam, you gold digger, you. That's one hell of a ride...I salute your stalwart effort in deciding to deal with that.

Keep on keepin' on, man. Hope you can shrug of the worst of those stings.

Edit: Buy us all bad dragons when youre filthy rich years from now :v

He is an alcoholic, so it might be sooner than you think, lol. I will buy you the baddest of dragons. and a bag of tiny dicks to throw at people.

46 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

If he does not possess Adonis-like body, then he does not have the right to talk about other people's body weight xD

He was going to represent Puerto Rico in the Olympics, but got in a car crash. So now he bothers everyone with the dream he missed out on or some shit.

2 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I kinda feel your dad now. 

He's not too bad, honestly. He has his days. He just...doesn't really know how to interact with people.

He seemed absolutely shocked when I paid for dinner last night, and overjoyed that I started making my own money. He's so used to people leaching off him forever. I feel so bad for taking his money.

but at the same time, he's such an asshole