Rave: Jerky

DinosaurDammit

So I was christmas shopping in the BX, which is the air force branch of a walmart, and low and behold- the 1 pound bags of jack links beef jerky plastered everywhere. And to boot it was on sale for 10 bucks rather than the 20. I bought 5 pounds and my gut couldnt have been happier. For like 3 days I have been munching down on the stuff and guzzling enough soda to make lizard squad jelly. I am pretty sure I can bench press a bear at this point. /flexes/

• Like 5

On 2015-12-21 at 9:25 PM, grassfed said:

This makes me want to make Jerky again, its so damn good!!!

What do you do for a brine?

Getting everything prepped up is a pain in the ass, but mothafuka is it ever worth it.

I tried to make some goose jerky there a couple years back, and I blew it. Ended up hard as a rock.

10 minutes ago, Wrecker said:

What do you do for a brine?

Getting everything prepped up is a pain in the ass, but mothafuka is it ever worth it.

I tried to make some goose jerky there a couple years back, and I blew it. Ended up hard as a rock.

Never used a brine, nor did I know about using a brine. Just marinaded some sliced up tri-tip and threw it in the toaster oven using its dehydrator setting. That was years ago and I haven't made any since. We have a smoker now so I definitely want to make some again using that instead.

3 minutes ago, grassfed said:

Never used a brine, nor did I know about using a brine. Just marinaded some sliced up tri-tip and threw it in the toaster oven using its dehydrator setting. That was years ago and I haven't made any since. We have a smoker now so I definitely want to make some again using that instead.

That smoker is going to make your life :D

If you're looking for a recipe, let me know, but there's piles of good stuff on Google depending on what you're looking for!

Edited by Wrecker
forgot to mention
  • Like 1