Fursonas with unique personalitys

Nova

I dunno why do the most fursonas have like an standart personality like heroic or shy or other bullshit.

We need more furs8nas with unique personalities like i gave my fursona setsuna an retarded cray cray kind personality LOLOLOLL

Or do you have a fursona with an unique personality.

Edited by Nova

Most people have "standard" personalities because they never develop the smaller things about their sona in my opinion. Quirks, habits, interests and such. The little things that can give those basic personalities some flavour and make them interesting.

To say, the shy, brave, etc. things define what a character will do in X situation, but the little quirks and habits define how they do it. Or something like that...

Me no good with words.

Most people are basically just their fursona. If they were to describe its personality itd be everything they are.

I personally consider my fursona an extension of myself but also separate...it has my personality but in my head I see it in its own little world apart from myself (as I play my life through his eyes, probably), its a character as well as myself. Therefore anything my fursona experiences will be different from my own.

"Vance Nyx is rather nomadic, a wanderer by nature who lives on the wing. Doesn't carry much but a sword and maybe bagfuls/pocketfuls of belongings. he keeps to himself, lives in the shadows or up above, observing the world from afar. However, should Vance come to befriend a few people he's fiercely loyal and would do as much as he could for them. Vance isn't very boisterous and loud, but rather quiet and gentle but always attempts to be friendly, although at times can have the tendency to be hyper-enthusiastic and playful depending on the company. Vance isnt one to enjoy negative confrontation and will often stay away from it, and should a situation be threatening or dangerous he is bold and will face any challenge in his way, or attempt to before finding other options"

^^^A lot of that is essentially describing myself, but attributing it to my character in his own world wherever it may lie. I always imagine some post-apocalyptic place, it has the same advanced technology we do...but the populations are smaller, and some of the technology has digressed. So lots of wide open spaces, forests, with the occassional town or underpopulated city.

This isnt even to a specific story I wrote...just some vague, hazy idea with structure behind the scenes I see him/me in.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Muugu said:

Similar to Sarcastic Coffeecup, my current sketch of the personality is going to be a slight exaggeration of myself. A junk hoarding habit for starters. Not sure how common that actually is though

I don't think I've heard of a hoardersona before. That certainly is unique in an anti Mary Sue kind of way.

My character is a bit more complicated (not necessarily in a good way) as her personality is woven into her physical design and traits, and it is a reflection of some of my desires, habits and secrets.

I guess you could say she is both me and what I would like to be at the same time, personality wise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Recel said:

My character is a bit more complicated (not necessarily in a good way) as her personality is woven into her physical design and traits, and it is a reflection of some of my desires, habits and secrets.

I guess you could say she is both me and what I would like to be at the same time, personality wise.

I can't find your FA, unless it's the rather blank one. I wanna know more of yer hyena

E: double posting like a champ

Edited by Sarcastic Coffeecup
I'm a dumbs, doubleposting dumbs

6 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

I can't find your FA, unless it's the rather blank one. I wanna know more of yer hyena

E: double posting like a champ

My FA has been completely emptied anyway, so you won't find anything there. Plus I never actually posted a bio or even a ref sheet for her.

Plus, even if my former post might have made her sound interesting I'm sure it would be actually rather boring.

Edited by Recel

6 hours ago, Recel said:

Basically...with mine it's a mix of self representation, stuff I like, and wish fulfillment

Speaking of which, I recently found an incredibly long character bio that forces you to think more into your character. I used it and ended up with a lot more backstory than I had before...most just about me/similarities/more wish fulfillment.

Im probably the only one that takes my 'sona thing seriously as a character rather than simply "me in wolf form"

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

2 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Im probably the only one that takes my 'sona thing seriously as a character rather than simply "me in wolf form"

Oh I don't be too quick to think that ;)

Anyway answering the OP:

I suppose that all depends on what you mean by a crazy personality but in this context I'll go with crazy in the sense of: loud, weird, bashful,  bountifully eccentric ect. Tbh I've seen plenty of creative and crazy ones so I wouldn't think there is that much of a shortage on crazy/original fursonas.

I'll use mine just for fun as an example^_^ 

Fully embracing technology Will's body is but a facsimile of the biological body he once had years before. Now it is but silicon, carbon, and electron as encoded information somehow living as a different kind of machine. In miles deep under the earth he belongs to a scientific community working with others like himself unbenounced to the people on the surface. During work he is meticulous, values silence, and likes to keep lists to further organization. Outside he is quick to start conversation when possible be it history, science, and of course technology especially to help others in benefiting their life. However he is easily exuberant among friends and seeks out the most adventurous things to do for fun. But careful though he has a short temper for those who don't value manners and strives to make certain his friends are respected.

That's about it for now a work in progress obviously but still a very good start at least. I'll have to update that sometime soon when I'm done finding excuses not to Lol. This feels more original than most at least; maybe not crazy but you get the point xD

Edited by Augmented Husky
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Augmented Husky said:

Oh I don't be too quick to think that ;)

Anyway answering the OP:

I suppose that all depends on what you mean by a crazy personality but in this context I'll go with crazy in the sense of: loud, weird, bashful,  bountifully eccentric ect. Tbh I've seen plenty of creative and crazy ones so I wouldn't think there is that much of a shortage on crazy/original fursonas.

I'll use mine just for fun as an example^_^ 

Fully embracing technology Will's body is but a facsimile of the biological body he once had years before. Now it is but silicon, carbon, and electron as encoded information somehow living as a different kind of machine. In miles deep under the earth he belongs to a scientific community working with others like himself unbenounced to the people on the surface. During work he is meticulous, values silence, and likes to keep lists to further organization. Outside he is quick to start conversation when possible be it history, science, and of course technology especially to help others in benefiting their life. However he is easily exuberant among friends and seeks out the most adventurous things to do for fun. But careful though he has a short temper for those who don't value manners and strives to make certain his friends are respected.

That's about it for now a work in progress obviously but still a very good start at least. I'll have to update that sometime soon when I'm done finding excuses not to Lol. This feels more original than most at least; maybe not crazy but you get the point xD

Aye, that was a misinformed statement looking back, cant say I havent seen people who created bactstories and ideas for their character 'sona, maybe most just creat an animal image of themselves but some place the character in-action.

id also like to point out theres nothing wrong with people who have sonas that are just "me in animal form", Im just thinking out loud of how I feel the odd one out for being so meticulous on a persona idea when it could just be 'me' x3

Your draft there is quite interesting itself

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

15 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Aye, that was a misinformed statement looking back, cant say I havent seen people who created bactstories and ideas for their character 'sona, maybe most just creat an animal image of themselves but some place the character in-action.

id also like to point out theres nothing wrong with people who have sonas that are just "me in animal form", Im just thinking out loud of how I feel the odd one out for being so meticulous on a persona idea when it could just be 'me' x3

Your draft there is quite interesting itself

Why thank you WolfNight ^_^

And don't worry I'm in no way indicating it is more wrong to have a sona that is simply "me in animal form" any more than having cheese pizza rather than pizza with all meat toppings could be wrong. It's a preference of taste. I just think it's such a missed opportunity to be creative especially since creating a fursona is one of the most fun activities in the fan base.

Edited by Augmented Husky

I imagine a good fursona as a "caricature" of its creator in a sense. Both physically and personality-wise, they're a reflection or representation of the self with certain characteristics exaggerated for effect. At least that's how I feel about it. I especially appreciate 'sonas that are honest and display the creator's flaws as well as their positive traits. 

It's worth noting that even if you don't plan to use your fursona as a character in a story, comic, or roleplay, it can be a lot of fun to flesh out their personality. Try writing a bio for them, think about their upbringing, relationships, favorite activities, quirks, etc etc. Ya might just learn something about yourself, and at the very least you'll probably gain some inspirstion for the next art piece featuring them~

• Like 3