Rave: I'm a lovesick puppy dog

MuttButt

Apologies in advance for this, I don't want to come off like I'm gloating but I needed to gush about this somewhere and this seemed like the most appropriate place x3

I'm so in love. I'm currently almost two years into the only real romantic relationship I've ever had, and every day I become more and more smitten with her. Never in my life have I met a more genuine, kind, selfless, and beautiful human being, and she chose me of all people. It almost feels too good to be true, what have I done to deserve the adoration and loyalty of such an amazing woman? I didn't think it was possible to feel so strongly about somebody. I didn't think anybody could ever make me feel attractive, or confident in myself as a partner and a man.

Frankly, I don't see any reason that wouldn't marry her someday. I trust her with my life and I feel like we can work through any obstacle together. No relationship is perfect, there has and always will be grief, stress, and petty disagreements, but at the end of the day we always talk it out and we always go to bed feeling closer to each other because of it.

Guh, I could probably go on but for your sanity's sake I'll leave it at that. If you wind up reading this kitty, I love you <3

Edited by MuttButt
  • Like 6

40 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

Apologies in advance for this, I don't want to come off like I'm gloating but I needed to gush about this somewhere and this seemed like the most appropriate place x3

I'm so in love. I'm currently almost two years into the only real romantic relationship I've ever had, and every day I become more and more smitten with her. Never in my life have I met a more genuine, kind, selfless, and beautiful human being, and she chose me of all people. It almost feels too good to be true, what have I done to deserve the adoration and loyalty of such an amazing woman? I didn't think it was possible to feel so strongly about somebody. I didn't think anybody could ever make me feel attractive, or confident in myself as a partner and a man.

Frankly, I don't see any reason that wouldn't marry her someday. I trust her with my life and I feel like we can work through any obstacle together. No relationship is perfect, there has and always will be grief, stress, and petty disagreements, but at the end of the day we always talk it out and we always go to bed feeling closer to each other because of it.

Guh, I could probably go on but for your sanity's sake I'll leave it at that. If you wind up reading this kitty, I love you <3

Haha, jokes on you OP, everyone knows that cats and dogs hate each other!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

I need to figure out how to subtly let someone know I want to marry them but I want THEM to be the one to propose.

A handcuff-to-the-bedpost scenario with a note that says "The only key that will open this clasp is the ring that opens our future together," seems subtle enough.

3 hours ago, MuttButt said:

I make no bones about being naive and overly optimistic. I guess playing the happy fool still appeals more to me than the bitter realist :P

I like that attitude ^_^

While being cautious and wary that fallouts can happen, its always nice to have some realist optimism to keep you going and look to the best.

Who knows, you might be right and she could be your future wife...this thread is so gushy and it made me kinda happy to read, haha! Best to you two, Matty doggie!

8 hours ago, Muugu said:

With threads about self loathing and depression from being alone out there, I really appreciate seeing a nice love story for a change. I hope things go well with you and your catch OP! :) 

Thank you so much! I'm glad you appreciate the positivity~