games you remember playing but don't know what they're called

shadowsinhiding

title says it all.....

Basically give a description (more detail the better) and prey and hope someone can find the game your looking for.

Here's mine, it was a PC game probably made in the 90s where you played as this 80s looking guy who i think might of mildly looked like the terminator. You get trapped in this building and you need to collect car parts to escape from this monster that constantly chases you. From memory being i don't think you can kill the monsters conventionally. I think you basically have to sneak and use the environment like Abe in the oddworld games. 

There's two that I can never remember and it bothers me so much to do this day
 I think they are both obscenely obscure as well.

First one was a city building sim like game, you played as a man who wore a top hat and had a walking cane, you used the cane to draw boundaries down and when done buildings would eventually be built in the spot and the type of building depended on the size of the boundary and what other buildings where there.

The second game was a thrid person shooter that involved anthropomorphic critters, I believe it got rated M as well, it was fairly simple but it was highly addictive and I can never remember the name of it.

Both of them where PS2 Titles I believe.

Back in the day on PS1 there was this game you can play as monsters or something like king kong, godzilla, werewolf and you went through this city with skyscrapers destroying it, all I remember is it was tons of fun, cant think of the name though.

Another for PS2 was this...neopets game. You played as this main character that was a Lupe who was a farmboy-turned-adventure-warrior or something. Never did finish it...

I love threads like this.  Whenever I go to post in one with something I can't remember, I usually end up finding it on my own with a little digging.  I'll help if I can, I'm fairly knowledgeable of old DOS and shareware games, but that's about it

1 minute ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Back in the day on PS1 there was this game you can play as monsters or something like king kong, godzilla, werewolf and you went through this city with skyscrapers destroying it, all I remember is it was tons of fun, cant think of the name though.

Another for PS2 was this...neopets game. You played as this main character that was a Lupe who was a farmboy-turned-adventure-warrior or something. Never did finish it...

First one sounds like Rampage: World Tour, awesome game.

4 minutes ago, Luca said:

There was this dinosaur adventure game pre-installed on every mac computer back in my elementary school.

iMac-300x243.jpg

You know, these old things? I'm pretty sure it's probably a shit game but I want to know what it was.

The only Mac dinosaur game I know of is Nanosaur. That also reminds me of Bugdom which came pre-installed on the macs I used, apparently by the same company.

Here's one. It was on PC. It was a shmup, set in space. 3d graphics, I think... you were on the bottom and shot things coming from the top, pretty standard. I believe you could customize your ship. Probably after DOS, but I don't think it was too much after.

Here's another. Also a PC shmup set in space. This time it was in 2d though. I know there were powerups, and I recall it being pretty colorful. Alien environments, if I recall correctly. You had to be careful to avoid walls and such. I believe this one was DOS.

Edit: It was literally faster for me to find the second one than it was to write the description https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQQSoUpj_8

Edit Edit: Wait... this is the game I was thinking of, but... I think I combined it with -another- DOS shmup I must have played... so I'm... I guess I'm still looking.

Edit Edit Edit: This was the one I was also thinking of. Still curious about the first one though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad418tmfc-M

Edited by SirRob

6 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Here's one. It was on PC. It was a shmup, set in space. 3d graphics, I think... you were on the bottom and shot things coming from the top, pretty standard. I believe you could customize your ship. Probably after DOS, but I don't think it was too much after.

Here's another. Also a PC shmup set in space. This time it was in 2d though. I know there were powerups, and I recall it being pretty colorful. Alien environments, if I recall correctly. You had to be careful to avoid walls and such. I believe this one was DOS.

Hmm, the only one that comes to mind for the first one is Tyrian 2000, but it's not 3D.  It does have ship upgrades and stuff, though.

3oHFSdy.png

maxresdefault.jpg

48 minutes ago, Chrysocyon said:

The only Mac dinosaur game I know of is Nanosaur. That also reminds me of Bugdom which came pre-installed on the macs I used, apparently by the same company.

Yeah that's exactly the game! That and Bugdom. I've been wondering what those games were for years.

Heheh, thanks for looking. : )

On my quest to find the first, I also found another PC shmup I played... there's a lot of these! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grXkzisSEM4

Edit: I can't find the first game easily. It must not have been popular or well known. If I recall, the game didn't really have lots of visuals, I think the background was mostly black. I believe the ships all had a smooth, metallic look to them.

Edited by SirRob

There was this one that was from those REALLY old computers with the black screens and green writing. You played as this dude who went through a top-down view of rooms collecting different coloured keys to progress.

Another one that I remember being a silly online game (but it might have been something bigger but just found online). For some reason I feel like it was a Kid Mystic game. I remember a brown-haired wizard in a blue hat, anyway. It was one of those tile based games where you move one tile, and the enemies (grey stone creatures, in this case) would move a tile closer to you. And the only way to kill the enemies was to make them move into the same tile at the same time and crash, by where you chose to move. 3D graphics IIRC.

21 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

There was this one that was from those REALLY old computers with the black screens and green writing. You played as this dude who went through a top-down view of rooms collecting different coloured keys to progress.

Another one that I remember being a silly online game (but it might have been something bigger but just found online). For some reason I feel like it was a Kid Mystic game. I remember a brown-haired wizard in a blue hat, anyway. It was one of those tile based games where you move one tile, and the enemies (grey stone creatures, in this case) would move a tile closer to you. And the only way to kill the enemies was to make them move into the same tile at the same time and crash, by where you chose to move. 3D graphics IIRC.

First one's probably Chip's Challenge, I used to play that