Ready Player One

Astrium

For Christmas, my parents bought me a copy of the novel Ready Player One. I finished it in about a week (I find myself with less and less time to read lately) and I absolutely loved it, so I passed it on to my mom to read. We were having dinner at Chili's the other day and discussing the book, and we found out that there's a film adaptation coming out in 2017. So we got to discussing the casting and we decided to Google it and see who's been confirmed. As it turns out, they're doing open video casting for at least the lead role. I'm considering sending in an audition. Thoughts?

Definitely never hurts to try. I don't know you at all so I don't know if you're good, but I still say it still doesn't hurt to try. It's not like they're going to hunt you down and beat the snot out of you for wasting their time if you are bad. DO EET.

On 1/23/2016 at 10:30 AM, Conker said:

That book is shit :( Pure author wishfullfillment with bad prose and worse dialogue. Armada is like a thousand times worse, which is shocking and a little funny. But mostly sad.

Sci Fi aint what it used to be, and thats the damn truth. If anybody wants to read a good science fiction book, try the Sirens of Titan, or the Rama series, or The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, or fucking Issac Asimov, or Gregory Benford, or Robert Heinlein, even Frank Herbert(and I aint just talking about Dune, which was a terrible movie adaptation). Also mega shame on you Ashley for being too lazy to read words. You may as well put on music and ignore it while you do something else. Books are about immersion, not distraction.

Edited by Azure
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Azure said:

Sci Fi aint what it used to be, and thats the damn truth. If anybody wants to read a good science fiction book, try the Sirens of Titan, or the Rama series, or The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, or fucking Issac Asimov, or Gregory Benford, or Robert Heinlein, even Frank Herbert(and I aint just talking about Dune, which was a terrible movie adaptation). Also mega shame on you Ashley for being too lazy to read words. You may as well put on music and ignore it while you do something else. Books are about immersion, not distraction.

Last good scifi book I read was Roadside Picnic, which came out awhile ago and is wonderful, bleak, and Russian.

Last shit scifi book was something published by Baen, which should surprise no one since they publish a lot of shitty scifi. Though RPO was Penguin.

All about them YA dollars now.

Very cool. It's worth a shot. What do you have to lose? Even I'd consider auditioning for something like that, although I'm a little old to play the main character. Maybe I could be an extra or a random gunter.

Edited by Xaende