RuneFox

Tsuujou

I share a small server with a few people on Discord. RuneFox was one of them. He was a long time FAF user and one of the more known techies there. 

I noticed he had left the server we were in today. Normally, it wouldn't be a big deal, but his avatar had also defaulted and he wasn't answering direct messages so I checked his Weasyl account. Wiped. I checked his Steam. Wiped (his avatar and information). He also isn't answering his phone. There were no signs. He just went black on every social outlet I know he has.

Runefox is one of my best friends so this has me distressed considering he isn't exactly in the best of positions in life. 

If anyone here knows him more personally and has of a better way to contact him, I urge you to do so. Please. I know it's very soon to be drawing grim conclusions, but if something happened to him, I'll be tragically devastated. I'm frightened right now.

4 hours ago, 6tails said:

Ouch. This would be where I'd be trying to find people that are in local contact with him and letting them know ASAP.

I wish I knew at least one personal contact of his. Unfortunately, I really am restricted to just the Internet. I've been contacting specific people and places that know him like this forum and Stereoplair in the hopes they can provide further information.

I honestly haven gotten to sleep yet... I hope that something silly happened with his PC or something and this was all just one big stupid overreaction on my part. I'd rather have egg on my face than for something to have happened to him. This was just so sudden.

Edited by XoPachi

I didn't see this thread till now but I'll just repeat what I said to XoPachi by PM:

We were chatting last night via steam, mostly tech stuff, I had noticed that their avatar was black but at the time assumed Steam just spit out some error.  Now that you say this, I'd guess depression or some sort?  Our conversations last night were just about tech stuff but we rarely have any kind of 'deep' conversations.  I do see them offline on Steam now however, I saw them online this morning, popped a message and they fell offline after that.  Again, at the time, didn't think anything was up. Maybe blocked or hiding due to some kinda of depression at the moment?

Looking at Skype they appear to be online.  That is a Skype user who's name is just a period, '.', is online and we appear to have the same chat history as Runefox, no avatar.  So they would be online by some means but yeah, I think they're not so super discretely hiding.

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Looking at Skype they appear to be online.  That is a Skype user who's name is just a period, '.', is online and we appear to have the same chat history as Runefox, no avatar.  So they would be online by some means but yeah, I think they're not so super discretely hiding.

I have a friend with depression who did exactly this, except instead of no avatar they put in a dead looking face. At the time I took a screenshot because of how much it scared me.

image.thumb.jpg.d581b3921b6512c74ef297bb

In the end, everything turned out okay. It was just a dark time of sadness.

Yeah it's definitely a common thing for people to wipe their online presence of they're going through something my suggestion would be to possibly leave a message saying you're available if he ever wants to talk or something along those lines 

This is why I want to make a thread called "Still Alive? Thread" where you have to post on it once a month or else you'll be assumed dead busy. It's hard... checking if your online friends are doing fine, especially if you're miles away.

Yell0wF0x is so far away that I have to ask Muln to check on him every month to see if he's still alive eating properly

30 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Their Skype is cycling from 'Away' to 'Online' since I was alerted to this less than an hour ago, so I'd say they're alive and somewhere near an internet connection.  I can pop a message if people would like, though it could also be best to just give them some space.

Skype is very strange. I feel that it's just a minor technical oddity and it could very well be Skype Mobile. When I had the app on my phone, it would constantly switch me from invisible to online which would confuse people into thinking I was at my desk when it was just my phone. I'm not sure why it does this, but it does.

Just now, XoPachi said:

Skype is very strange. I feel that it's just a minor technical oddity and it could very well be Skype Mobile. When I had the app on my phone, it would constantly switch me from invisible to online which would confuse people into thinking I was at my desk when it was just my phone. I'm not sure why it does this, but it does.

one of the technical issues I have with Skype is that it doesn't notify me of new messages and you have to pull up Skype to check for messages. Maybe that's just my phone.... nonetheless I suggest you try out Telegram. The sticker function is really awesome!

Skype isn't the most accurate website. For some reason it'd often leave me set as online or something when I close Skype without setting it to offline.  Switching is a good sign, but I'm still concerned. 

I think I read yesterday that Runefox had a Twitter and that's gone as well. :(

Edited by Battlechili

15 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Skype isn't the most accurate website. For some reason it'd often leave me set as online or something when I close Skype without setting it to offline.  Switching is a good sign, but I'm still concerned. 

I think I read yesterday that Runefox had a Twitter and that's gone as well. :(

Vae mentioned that, yes. Explains why I couldn't find him there. While he wasn't active on Tumblr, I know he had one. I can't find it (granted there are a number of users by the same name).

6 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

That has to be incredibly stressful. I hope Rune is alright.

It is. I'm managing, but I had a bit of trouble getting to sleep.

5 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

Well, if you need anything any of us can do for you, just shout the word. You're a good friend and I wouldn't mind helping you out however I can.

Thank you. I don't think there's much that can be done now, but I'll be checking this thread frequently and posting if anything relevant comes up.