An Overwatch Thread

Onnes

43 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I don't think in ranked I can say I've had a stupid team. Really wish a lot of the angrier spergs in this game knew the difference between low skill/stupid choices and just straight up getting outplayed.

But I suppose I'm expecting too much from gamers, huh?

Even playing comp with a premade of 5 people is a risk, because that 6th person can be toxic enough to ruin the game for you. I've had a guy say some insanely sexual things to me once while I was playing with 4 of my friends. I hadn't muted him prior because he was mixing the golf club innuendo with legitimate callouts. Everyone else was in shocked silence, so playing with friends didn't actually help me there.

I don't really have a serious issue with toxicity in games. The more popular anything is, the more assholes you will encounter. I've been called everything in the book over the years and now I just kill them with kindness or stay quiet until the end of the match where they can see I went 30-4 with Lucio and 22k healing or play of the match with Reaper. Then I can come at their neck like a fucking Bwaka knife. :^)

What I don't get is everytime you do bad, no one ever wants to call themselves on the reason we're losing or rather share the blame. Everyone thinks they're MLG. Everyone thinks they're TSM. Everyone thinks their K/D is hot shit. Everyone thinks they play a game, whose meta is hardly fleshed out, 100% perfectly 100% of the time. Because it's never their fault or partially their fault we're losing. Oh no, the TEAM is retarded, excluding them. 

But it's whatever. I just encourage my team and tell them when they did something good. I can't be that much of a loser to whine about player skill in game no one I'm playing with has any desire to pursue competitively and would fail attempting to do so anyway.

39 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I don't really have a serious issue with toxicity in games. The more popular anything is, the more assholes you will encounter. I've been called everything in the book over the years and now I just kill them with kindness or stay quiet until the end of the match where they can see I went 30-4 with Lucio and 22k healing or play of the match with Reaper. Then I can come at their neck like a fucking Bwaka knife. :^)

What I don't get is everytime you do bad, no one ever wants to call themselves on the reason we're losing or rather share the blame. Everyone thinks they're MLG. Everyone thinks they're TSM. Everyone thinks their K/D is hot shit. Everyone thinks they play a game, whose meta is hardly fleshed out, 100% perfectly 100% of the time. Because it's never their fault or partially their fault we're losing. Oh no, the TEAM is retarded, excluding them. 

But it's whatever. I just encourage my team and tell them when they did something good. I can't be that much of a loser to whine about player skill in game no one I'm playing with has any desire to pursue competitively and would fail attempting to do so anyway.

I will always take the fault when I'm a healer cause it always feel like I didnt heal just enough to help my team get that one good push. I would then get teammates that go "nah its not ya fault, their winston was on you a lot and we failed to keep ya safe when we could of."

I been getting nothing but nice players...but that one damn mcree
He should shut his mouth about how I didnt nano boost him but instead gave it to the reaper who had his ult ready

1 minute ago, Deskai said:

I will always take the fault when I'm a healer cause it always feel like I didnt heal just enough to help my team get that one good push. I would then get teammates that go "nah its not ya fault, their winston was on you a lot and we failed to keep ya safe when we could of."

I been getting nothing but nice players...but that one damn mcree
He should shut his mouth about how I didnt nano boost him but instead gave it to the reaper who had his ult ready

I wouldn't blame yourself all the time personally. 

I take the blame if I'm making dumb choices as a healer. But sometimes you're just out of luck. Especially Mercy. She's the only one who can heal constantly. But if she's not being defended and someone is actively after her (Tracer/McCree/Reaper/Roadhog), she's gonna get fucked like she's in an SFM video with a very thirsty Widowmaker. She can hardly defend herself like Lucio and, goddamn, Symmetra will fuck you up.

Speaking of Mercy, I kind of wish more characters had alt weapons instead of just one. :c

7 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I wouldn't blame yourself all the time personally. 

I take the blame if I'm making dumb choices as a healer. But sometimes you're just out of luck. Especially Mercy. She's the only one who can heal constantly. But if she's not being defended and someone is actively after her (Tracer/McCree/Reaper/Roadhog), she's gonna get fucked like she's in an SFM video with a very thirsty Widowmaker. She can hardly defend herself like Lucio and, goddamn, Symmetra will fuck you up.

Speaking of Mercy, I kind of wish more characters had alt weapons instead of just one. :c

just wish folks would sorta play Ana as a support healer than a healer. I mean I did once play as ana and we had a mercy who was healing a phara, and while mercy was healing phara I was healing the mercy. The enemy team was like "why isnt this mercy dying?" and the player went "My mother in law been shooting me in the ass this whole time!"

10 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Yeah, typically I do the same thing. It's easy to ignore people in text, but getting catcalled over voice is a whole 'nother level of disgusting. We all reported that guy in particular, and I haven't been matched with them since.

I think that the game's a lot of fun and I'll still play it, I just don't typically play without at least one other person.

3 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

>literally a jew

Fucking amazing.

At first, I balked. How could I possibly share ancestry with this individual?

Then, I saw their trick, one Jew to another.

They're playing these cods and convincing them to buy their virtual currency, in true Jew form. I honestly couldn't be prouder.

• Like 1

So Overwatch won't play in fullscreen for me anymore.

It just flickers infinitely before I alt tab and then defaults to windowed mode. Cool. Nice update.

EDIT: How are you going to have concept of art of Mei in her tank and yoga pants, a spray of Mei in her tank and yoga pants with the summer update....but not have a skin of Mei in her tank and yoga pants? >:l

WHAT the fuck Blizzard?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XoPachi said:

So Overwatch won't play in fullscreen for me anymore.

It just flickers infinitely before I alt tab and then defaults to windowed mode. Cool. Nice update.

EDIT: How are you going to have concept of art of Mei in her tank and yoga pants, a spray of Mei in her tank and yoga pants with the summer update....but not have a skin of Mei in her tank and yoga pants? >:l

WHAT the fuck Blizzard?

man...the early mei concepts was also cool...she had a big gun

Yeah, it sucks how you can't avoid _teaming_ with a malicious player. Even blocking them doesn't stop them from getting matchmade with you on PC. I don't care about playing against good players; I just don't want to play with assholes. I've had a guy outright say, "I don't care if we lose. I just want to ruin your game lol"

The feeling when you got most healing done...as a Soldier 76

"well if you were fucking being a damn BUTTPLUG for your friend who was playing phara...I wouldnt actually out heal you  cause I had to use my healing skill to heal others...wait a minute...I seen this before...YOU TWO PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2 DONT YOU!"

The two then admitted they played TF2, which I told em "you are letting down the idea of the TEAM part of that Fortress, you mercy...get down from there and heal the rest of us as you should as a medic and also dont waste your ult to just rez your friend damn it."

but really...I shouldnt easily get 15k of healing as soldier 76

58 minutes ago, Deskai said:

The feeling when you got most healing done...as a Soldier 76

"well if you were fucking being a damn BUTTPLUG for your friend who was playing phara...I wouldnt actually out heal you  cause I had to use my healing skill to heal others...wait a minute...I seen this before...YOU TWO PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2 DONT YOU!"

The two then admitted they played TF2, which I told em "you are letting down the idea of the TEAM part of that Fortress, you mercy...get down from there and heal the rest of us as you should as a medic and also dont waste your ult to just rez your friend damn it."

but really...I shouldnt easily get 15k of healing as soldier 76

,_, I hope that person doesn't main Mercy or Medic, because that's not how you play either of them.

Figured I'd post this here since no one else has yet

Nothing but good news, folks. I suspect that the competitive points are being multiplied by 10 because there will be factors for earning points besides winning that will give you less than a single point (which is what you normally get for winning). The system is probably already coded with integers in mind, so to implement this system they multiplied all points and point costs for items by 10 to avoid decimal values. That's just my speculation, though.

Something to keep in mind with the advantage of hindsight is that Season 1 was meant to be a test, a starting point to perfect the competitive matchmaking. Blizzard actually cares about their game and player feedback and their enthusiasm is palpable in the amount of updates we've gotten in the short few months this game has been around.

NEW MAP GAIS

All those hidden but found Voicelines of Reinhardt's talking about being home again or looking for a certain person seem to be made to be triggered on this map.

also this map may have ties to the overwatch short "Last Bastion" that is meant to be shown on the 18th when the season is over.

2 hours ago, Deskai said:

also this map may have ties to the overwatch short "Last Bastion" that is meant to be shown at the end of this month.

You know, I could totally see Reinhardt being the guy who gave Bastion a chance and said, "Hey, if you're a good robot and don't shoot me, I promise not to smash you with my hammer."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eggdodger said:

You know, I could totally see Reinhardt being the guy who gave Bastion a chance and said, "Hey, if you're a good robot and don't shoot me, I promise not to smash you with my hammer."

not to mention bastion's own background info states it tries to avoid populated areas

On 8/25/2016 at 3:53 AM, Endless/Nameless said:

I've been experiencing so much secondhand infuriation from people obsessing over this gdi fckn nerds

cause its a new character...

we want to know about this new character

I mean heck we once though Sombra was Ana but we end up finding out "nope Ana was an old overwatch sniper, sombra is someone else"

28 minutes ago, Deskai said:

cause its a new character...

we want to know about this new character

I mean heck we once though Sombra was Ana but we end up finding out "nope Ana was an old overwatch sniper, sombra is someone else"

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot the ":V"

(but seriously, I think some of the theorists are going mad)

3 hours ago, Eggdodger said:

>tfw Public Test Region is better than the current version of Overwatch

I've been a PTR refugee for a couple weeks now. I hope the patch goes through soon =p

It's because you don't need to deal with a six torbs team.

I've forgotten how quick play was cancerigenous. :c