Rant: Oh fuck here I go again

Here it comes, obsession. Why did I have to get obsessed? Why did I have to become obsessed with Freddie Mercury? This isn't the first time I've been obsessed with him. I'm kicking myself right now, I hate it when I get obsessed with things. I annoy people with my obsessions, and I don't want to be annoying. Fuck. I need to stop that.

You_stop_that.jpg

Hey, as long as you don't shove it onto peoples' faces you can obsess over everything you want, I think. That's not to say you can't bring it up at all, just with moderation is all

There's nothing wrong with an obsession like that, I think... unless it's keeping you from having a healthy lifestyle. I think if you both talk and listen equally, then your obsessions won't become annoying. Probably.

Also Freddie Mercury's pretty darn awesome so you chose a good guy to be obsessed over. I mean I wouldn't say I'm a major fan, but after listening to his music, watching his music videos and reading about his life (on Wikipedia), I definitely like him.

• Like 2

beware getting obsessed with being obsessed...

everybody gets on kicks, though, some more strongly than others.  unless it's interfering with your ability to live a normal life, i wouldn't fret over it.  and if it is, i'd seek counseling to get to the root of why you get obsessed in the first place. 

but either way, others probably aren't as bothered with it as you think.  it's ok to embrace your interests as long as you're not being inappropriate about it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Fuck. I need to stop that.

No, you need to stop THAT.

There are very few obsessions in this world that I'd advise against and they all fall under one of the following categories: hurts yourself or hurts someone else. Does obsessing over Freddie hurt you or someone else in some way? Probably not? Ok. Keep obsessing then. As Gator pointed out though, obsessing over obsessing probably isn't doing you any favors and is clearly making you miserable so that'd be one of the obsessions I'd say you should stop.

6 hours ago, Gator said:

beware getting obsessed with being obsessed...

everybody gets on kicks, though, some more strongly than others.  unless it's interfering with your ability to live a normal life, i wouldn't fret over it.  and if it is, i'd seek counseling to get to the root of why you get obsessed in the first place. 

but either way, others probably aren't as bothered with it as you think.  it's ok to embrace your interests as long as you're not being inappropriate about it. 

^^^^^

Words of wisdom.