The Voice singer, Christina Grimmie murdered on stage

VGmaster9

3 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Lets steer it back to the topic going forward, guys. 

On this topic, though.. that'd be brutal to see in front of your eyes. Someone you looked up to, just gone like that? Like other users mentioned on the thread, its reminiscent of lennon or dimebag darrel (except that was on stage and scared the hundreds there) 

And Selena (not Selena Gomez)

9 minutes ago, VGmaster9 said:

And Selena (not Selena Gomez)

Yeah, Selena. She died the year I was born. My mom was a huge fan growing up and it apparently hit her really hard when Selena died; inspiration to my mother (a hispanic woman) just.. gone like that. 

15 hours ago, Ricky said:

The only dispute was when people told me I should care more, which I still dispute :V

It's even more tragic that some guy in Africa was killed and nobody even knew about it, since it never made the papers.

Of course, I don't have any details but you can be sure it happened somewhere.

Nobody said that wasnt tragic just nobody knew about it

Seriously, it doesnt always affect you but that doesnt mean it jasnt affected SOMEBODY and it never changes the fact that it sucks when it does happen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Butters said:

Another shooting in Orlando now. 50 or so dead at Pulse Lgbt night club. It's being considered the deadliest mass shooting in our history.

Very sad.  

Oh damn :(

In Orlando? Dafuq

And at a nightclub, who the frick perpetrated that? I have to look that one up

Yep, I had to confirm what I already knew was indeed the case.

Mateen's father told NBC News, "This has nothing to do with religion."  He says his son became angry after seeing 2 men kissing a few months ago in Miami, and he speculates that could have triggered his decision to kill.

Okay, so he saw something that was really hot, repressed by his extremely conservative Muslim upbringing and couldn't deal with the cognitive dissonance.

It's indeed a tragedy but on a positive note things like this only garner sympathy and are beneficial in the long run.

Once people get over this repressed homophobic latent BS and simply suck on a penis instead, things like this will stop.

6 minutes ago, Ricky said:

garner sympathy and are beneficial in the long run.

That's only if a positive difference is made in light of such a tragedy.

But what can America do? I think people know banning guns cold-turkey isn't the answer.

3 minutes ago, Wax said:

That's only if a positive difference is made in light of such a tragedy.

But what can America do? I think people know banning guns cold-turkey isn't the answer.

No, but the liberal demagogues will probably jump on it like a snitch in a prison riot.

Sympathy *is* a positive thing, this won't really cause anyone to get angry at gays.

4 minutes ago, root said:

I've always taken issue with the term "homophobia" since it's not just an irrational fear of homosexuals. Hating something doesn't automatically mean you fear it!

Yeah, in this case it was guilt from repressed feelings that drove him to rage.

37 minutes ago, Butters said:

Another shooting in Orlando now. 50 or so dead at Pulse Lgbt night club. It's being considered the deadliest mass shooting in our history.

Very sad.  

What's really sad is that tragic events such as this are becoming an everyday occurrence. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ricky said:

It's even more tragic that some guy in Africa was killed and nobody even knew about it, since it never made the papers.

Of course, I don't have any details but you can be sure it happened somewhere.

Being honest some people are worth more than others, at least in terms of practicality but it was never mentioned if we were talking about practical worth. The singer who got shot is honestly worth more than any of the random people you mentioned, probably worth more than all of those random people combined.

It's weird and funny to see your edgy "I don't care, lets make a joke about death" attitude combined with a "everyone is equal and all life is equally precious" speech. It's slightly contradictory.

Also that's really brutal that singer got shot on stage. How did that gunman get past security?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

Being honest some people are worth more than others, at least in terms of practicality but it was never mentioned if we were talking about practical worth. The singer who got shot is honestly worth more than any of the random people you mentioned, probably worth more than all of those random people combined.

It's weird and funny to see your edgy "I don't care, lets make a joke about death" attitude combined with a "everyone is equal and all life is equally precious" speech. It's slightly contradictory.

Also that's really brutal that singer got shot on stage. How did that gunman get past security?

Valuable to whom? You can say "society at large" because an above-average number of people cared about their death, or make some appeal to economic value, but practicality doesn't factor into it; for all practical purposes this singer and [random African guy] are equals to me in any context that concerns my perspective because I don't know who either of them are.

Human value is entirely dependent on subjective criteria and to every person, most people are inconsiderable and "practically" worthless. Stating this doesn't make one "edgy". It's really sad that you presumptuous nerds who refuse to entertain perspectives other than your own keep trotting it out as insult-of-the-month because you refuse to confront the fact that no matter how compassionate and empathetic you are, there is a line at which you stop caring about others. If for no other reason than that you lack the mental faculties to keep an emotional inventory of every living thing.

Also it's perfectly consistent to joke about death and hold the stance that all are equal and are equally precious if you believe that every death is equally worthy of being joked about.

I eagerly await your concession to my superior reasoning skills. :^)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, root said:

I've always taken issue with the term "homophobia" since it's not just an irrational fear of homosexuals. Hating something doesn't automatically mean you fear it!

It's old fashioned and based around "gay panic", the idea that homosexuality can scare straight men into doing violent things. (Which is what that murderer's cunt father is attempting to use as an argument.)

Truly the better term is heterosexism. 

1 minute ago, Butters said:

It's old fashioned and based around "gay panic"

Truly the better term is heterosexism. 

Can I still use heterophobic if I am terrified of normies?

Answer urgently it is important that I use the most correct connotative statements whenever possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 6tails said:

Same way a gunman got past security and killed Dimebag. People are lazy.

Yea that's pretty ridiculous. Like was there even a metal detector or something like that?

That being said being a security guard must be super though in the sense that it's so boring and repetitive and the moment you relax shit like this happens.

1 hour ago, Zaraphayx said:

Valuable to whom? You can say "society at large" because an above-average number of people cared about their death, or make some appeal to economic value, but practicality doesn't factor into it; for all practical purposes this singer and [random African guy] are equals to me in any context that concerns my perspective because I don't know who either of them are.

Also it's perfectly consistent to joke about death and hold the stance that all are equal and are equally precious if you believe that every death is equally worthy of being joked about.

Ah okays I was just going by the context of practical purpose in society as large, which is what I thought it was based off. my bad.

3 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Well, we've got ceramic pistols and stuff. Not that excuses a freaking rifle, but still, many weapons are now being designed with newer composite materials, many of which do not set off metal detectors.

ah well hopefully there are some kind of detectors being made as well then.

3 hours ago, root said:

what if you're just scaerd of dicks

2 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

Human value is entirely dependent on subjective criteria and to every person, most people are inconsiderable and "practically" worthless. Stating this doesn't make one "edgy". It's really sad that you presumptuous nerds who refuse to entertain perspectives other than your own keep trotting it out as insult-of-the-month because you refuse to confront the fact that no matter how compassionate and empathetic you are, there is a line at which you stop caring about others. If for no other reason than that you lack the mental faculties to keep an emotional inventory of every living thing.

15qa76.jpg

The point isnt that you should care for every single death, becaude lets face it not everyone is going to

The point is that there are some people that will care, even if they lack closeness to said individual, even in actuality...and you have absolutely no right to deem their emotions toward any seemingly insignificant person as useless (as them putting up a front as morally caring and emotional individuals), and then make jokes about it around said people.

Tact is a nice skill to have