Nostalgia merch is amazing!

AshleyAshes

Basically, it's easier to be an 80's or 90's kid in 2016 than it actually was in the 1980's or 1990's.  All your favorite shows are on DVD or a button away from streaming.  All the t-shirts, merch and action figures can be had on Amazon.  I'm mostly just super happy with my recent stupid purchase.  ECTO-1 and ECTO-1A license plate replicas from Ghostbusters.

13316827_10209760421750439_391861858179589904_o.jpg

I couldn't GET these when I was a kid.  Ghostbusters kind came and went, there was a cartoon show, there was a second movie, they had their share of merchandizing but once they left theaters, stopped being rental new releases or being broadcast, all the merch vanished with them.  Just a few years later, for most franchises you just had nothing else you could get.  But today?  Today nostalgia SELLS and god damnit I am BUYING.  The child in me is very happy with these and I wonder what my next stupid nostalgic consumer purchase will be. :3

• Like 1

I LOVE old cartoons, especially nostalgic ones. This is why I commissioned a buttload of rule 34 art of some of my favorite characters. I told the artists I wanted to rape my childhood as much as possible and some loved the idea so much they did it for free :3

You are right that nostalgia sells and sex sells too. If we combine these powers... it could become CAPTAIN PLANET

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

I LOVE old cartoons, especially nostalgic ones. This is why I commissioned a buttload of rule 34 art of some of my favorite characters. I told the artists I wanted to rape my childhood as much as possible and some loved the idea so much they did it for free :3

That's our Ricky! <3

• Like 3

90s kinda sucked, 80s were pretty cool

especially musically. You had a lot more to rebel against in the 80s;all those crappy-ass conservatives like Ronald Reagan, Jerry Falwell, James Watt, &., &...

~

I'm nostalgic about things that tend to weigh a lot:

Pinball Machines, and records. Records are making a comeback, though there's maybe 1% of the amount of pinballs made as there was in the 70s-80s, if that. But they have shows and conventions, where you can play, and buy and sell games and parts, so that's nice to see

And I get nostalgic for cartoons, comics, games, and such. And those tight-fitting nylon parachute pants, with all the zipper pockets, and those wonderful light weight nylon/suede sneakers that came out. And moonboots.

Oddly, most of the nostalgia merch I'd like to see...I don't, especially clothing.