What's your greatest self-imposed gaming achievement?

PlusThirtyOne

Anybody can beat a game. Anybody can reach the end credits. Anybody can unlock every achievement coded by the game designers and anybody can break leaderboard records. -But the TRUE accomplishments are those we self-impose. Minimalist runs, no magic runs, no physical attack runs, 100% completion and finishing game without ever pressing the B button.

Suck on this!

See that? That there is the last room in Zelda2, just before fighting Shadow Link which -let's face it- is the easiest, cheapest boss to beat so i may as well have finished this sucker. But ya know what you DON'T see? Half the book of spells, missing items, no candle, no cross and -oh- what's this? Level ONE attack? Level ONE health!? That's right. Full minimalist!! This took every one-up in the game to get this far and i still have 4 lives left. There's is nothing i don't need in my inventory and only those that i DO.

*drops mic*

IMG_0335.JPG

Stealing the weapons and clothing of everyone in Windhelm and Riften in Skyrim.

I felt immensely accomplished when two NPCs fought to the death over a woodcutting axe, and then the winner proceeded to massacre the unarmed guards who tried to subdue them...

S ranked Metal Gear Rising on very hard without the FOX blade, or wigs (I'm on the last boss on Revengeance difficulty, but holy fuck, what even. WHAT DO I EVEN?) Going to work on a wooden sword run (on hard, because it's be fucking impossible on Very Hard or Revengeance)

Also, beat Hyper Light Drifter without upgrades. Beat Hyper Light drifter without using the guns, too (unless needed). 

And while this isn't a set goal and doesn't count, i beat HuniePop on Alpha mode. This gets a mention because it's fucking hard.

I have a number of 1 credit clears for some extremely difficult arcade games. Without any game overs, I have beaten:

DoDonPachi, DoDonPachi 4, Mushihimesama, Raiden Fighters 2, Gradius V (very hard mode), Crimzon Clover (original mode) and several others, R-Type, Thunder Force, Cho Ren Sha etc.

And while I have not yet gotten my 1cc for DoDonPachi 3, I did manage to defeat Hibachi only dying once after a YEAR of practice on her alone.

One of these days I'll find a means of recording games so I can redo these and prove it. :c

Outside of that, I've 3 heart A Link Between Worlds with no fairies on 1 life with no tunic upgrades (basically you can't get hit at ANY point in the game). That took 7 months of retries. 

I know I had some others but they're probaby irrelevant now. Haha. 

Also, I love love LOVE when people are great at video games so big ups to anyone with anything to post here. And for those who haven't, you'll get one in the future. :)

I formed the Wendish Empire as Old Prussia in crusader kings 2, once. It took forever, but I managed to cause the crusades and all of the holy orders to form like, a century earlier because I pushed so far into germany and france that the entire christian world, looking at the muslims pushing into france from spain, and the romuvans (me) pushing west, all had a collective panic :3

Then I spent the next twenty years trying to fight the teutonic knights, the knights templar, and the knights hospitaller and slowly losing ground because they were teaming up with the norsemen who ruled Brittania to retake holy sites and great cities from me, but hey, it happens.

I was so crazy about having the best time trials records in Mario Kart 8 posted on the FurAffinity Forums that everyone else got bored and quit.

Breeding competitive teams in Pokemon is always a big accomplishment for me. I've been doing that since Pokemon Diamond, and it has historically taken a lot of time and planning for me.

Maxing out characters in Fire Emblem, too. I've done that in Radiant Dawn, Sacred Stones, Shadow Dragon and Awakening, Lot of resetting for that, although since those games had save points it wasn't like, -too- bad.

• Like 2

photo (3).JPG

Fairly old but extremely good Serial Gaps lap time with a B tier ship (Mighty Typhoon). CGN told me it was a fairly impressive lap for that level craft. No world record, but that was good enough for me. Non snaking openers with top tiers are around 18 seconds for this track.

• Like 2

The greatest self imposed challenge I ever beat? Hmm, well....

I beat Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls on Hardcore mode while single player only. I beat the game in one life, plus some Greater Rifts up to Rank 25. 

I've speed ran KH II for a top time of 7 hours 35 minutes, only got to level 38. 

I've beaten FF X-2 in less than 26 hours. On the first try, no New Game Plus.

21 hours ago, Osrik said:

Stealing the weapons and clothing of everyone in Windhelm and Riften in Skyrim.

I felt immensely accomplished when two NPCs fought to the death over a woodcutting axe, and then the winner proceeded to massacre the unarmed guards who tried to subdue them...

I did that but it just got really weird whenever I played with other people around.

"Why is no one in this city wearing clothing?"

"Why are the guards using fists?"

Also difficult to tell people apart because everyone is wearing a loincloth.

My greatest gaming achievement that I can think of would be... 

A mysterious period of time of about three days where my connection to Payday 2 players was terrible.

I'd join shorthanded games like some sort of avenging angel, turning back a tide of SWAT and reviving everyone, then dropping.

Eventually I got tired of always dropping and gave up, but the image of some sort of avenging bank robbing angel makes me giggle.

I made a name for myself with Charizard in my local competitive scene, a character that is often considered one of the worst in Super Smash Bros. 4, and I did it without attending many tournaments prior. I came out of the woodwork and took everyone by surprise. What's even more flattering is some say I could be one of the best 'zard players in the world, though I don't believe that myself. I just play the game out of sheer boredom - I don't aim to win, but I also try to be a challenge. But! The achievement in all this? The people in my local scene are using Charizard now, too, so I'm rather proud of that fact!

I also took an arrow to the face before the entire joke about taking one to the knee took the internet by storm.

Wux7Qzi.jpgitfE3mE.jpg

• Like 5

Reaching the Free fall legs in Fallout 4. On console. No simple task, since you basically have to exploit a physics glitch to ascend to a hole in a wall roughly 200 feet up while facing a wall. By the way, a fall from thirty feet is fatal to the player character. and I did it outside of the mission that puts the player in that part of the Mass Fusion building. Quite a few fusion cores were used in ascending to the Mass Fusion building's upper lobby. I did this last year, so I didn't have any awesome cheat items to help me get the armor pieces.

Getting the "Guardin' Gnome" achievement with a bunch of strangers in Left 4 Dead 2 .

Getting the potato in the Potato Sack (Portal 2 ARG) level in Killing Floor. (Which I suck at, btw)

Just now, LadyRadarEars said:

What rating did you get? :D

not a good one lol. that's partially because I didn't really collect a lot of the bonus stuff and just played the game straight through. I did get mostly silver and gold portraits though with the exception of Bogmire, the twins, and that fat guy