So I saw that recent Game Theory video..

I'm not sure what to think of it. I mean first thing that strikes me is that out of all the Youtubers ever they chose GameTheorist to represent the community but I can't help but feel Matpat was very..full of it. I mean I get the gesture and the symbolism but out of all the gifts you could've given him that he could actually indugle in that give off the message you're trying to send, you choose a steam code? I mean hell, you say he doesnt have a computer, I woulda given him one, along with Undertale and an account to play on. I'm just scratching my head at this really. You give the Pope a game that he cant play, probably doesnt know about and will have to do research about or see your video in order to get your point.

How do you guys feel about it and if you were to give the Pope a game, what would it be? First thing that comes to mind to me, is Shadow of the Colossus.

4 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Oh god, nevermind. Im not "mixed" about the video anymore. That video was fucking stupid and Matpat wasted an oppurtunity to meet the pope, with a video game

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Oh god, nevermind. Im not "mixed" about the video anymore. That video was fucking stupid and Matpat wasted an oppurtunity to meet the pope, with a video game

I'd show more respect if I was meeting Donald Trump than this clown did while meeting Pope Francis. What he did isn't the most heinous shit unless you're a very devout Catholic. The problem with this is very simple in that it really highlights how uncultured (gamer/Internet "culture" do not count) and ignorant this community of gamers can get. If you didn't know etiquette and what you should and shouldn't do around the Pope, fine. I could argue that you should have taken the time to learn as much since you were hand fucking picked to see one of Earth's most important people, but whatever. This is a textbook example of a goddamn shut-in; when you can't turn off the video games for a minute even when one isn't in front of you. He just made gamers look even worse than we've steadily been getting over the last couple of years. And this is a prime example of why I don't even care when people trash us anymore. 

What really ties this together is his reaching to defend himself when it was as simple as taking the criticism, accepting you fucked up, and moving on. Now he's got even more egg on his face for making an impossible defense for his insolence. The cringe at play here has exceeded Chris Chan levels.

Fucking nerd.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I sound worked up. I'm not "mad" at this. I'm just actually, truly amazed. I've never said this unironically or without hyperbole. But I mean it when I say this: Out of all the things I have ever witnessed in my 22 years, this is literally the stupidest thing I have ever seen. lmao

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I'd show more respect if I was meeting Donald Trump than this clown did while meeting Pope Francis. What he did isn't the most heinous shit unless you're a very devout Catholic. The problem with this is very simple in that it really highlights how uncultured (gamer/Internet "culture" do not count) and ignorant this community of gamers can get. If you didn't know etiquette and what you should and shouldn't do around the Pope, fine. I could argue that you should have taken the time to learn as much since you were hand fucking picked to see one of Earth's most important people, but whatever. This is a textbook example of a goddamn shut-in; when you can't turn off the video games for a minute even when one isn't in front of you. He just made gamers look even worse than we've steadily been getting over the last couple of years. And this is a prime example of why I don't even care when people trash us anymore. 

What really ties this together is his reaching to defend himself when it was as simple as taking the criticism, accepting you fucked up, and moving on. Now he's got even more egg on his face for making an impossible defense for his insolence. The cringe at play here has exceeded Chris Chan levels.

Fucking nerd.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I sound worked up. I'm not "mad" at this. I'm just actually, truly amazed. I've never said this unironically or without hyperbole. But I mean it when I say this: Out of all the things I have ever witnessed in my 22 years, this is literally the stupidest thing I have ever seen. lmao

I dont even care about the pope and even I know that getting hand picked by him, only to give him a game, is incredibly wasteful.

Matter a fact, lets push aside him buying a game for the Pope. This guy only spent 10 dollars or slightly more, on the Pope. Other people who went probably spent a shit ton of money on their gift...and Matpat spends 10 dollars.

And another thing!...i really dont like his voice

9 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Seriously though, matpat is literally the worst personality I've ever seen.

I'm starting to like him less and less as time goes on. His YouTube red stuff annoys the hell out of me.. well mostly because I hate YouTube red and I think any youtuber that supports it is a sellout.

#triggered

Holy shit, that's a good fucking point. Put some thought or effort into your gift. The price might not really matter, but let's be real here. He got him Undertale because he's a fucking fanboy nerd. There was no deep thought put into it. He can't think beyond his little vidya microcosm so he thought "hrm, what's extremely trendy in gaming right now that's affordable?".

TobyFox must by laughing his fucking head off while he thinks of a quick way to end it all. lmao

3 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Holy shit, that's a good fucking point. Put some thought or effort into your gift. The price might not really matter, but let's be real here. He got him Undertale because he's a fucking fanboy nerd. There was no deep thought put into it. He can't think beyond his little vidya microcosm so he thought "hrm, what's extremely trendy in gaming right now that's affordable?".

TobyFox must by laughing his fucking head off while he thinks of a quick way to end it all. lmao

If he was trying to be affordable, he should have at least (and i mean a biiiig "at least") given the Pope a book that had a similar message to undertale. Something more accessible than a steam code

And about Toby laughing about this...

Just now, Enigma said:

I'm starting to like him less and less as time goes on. His YouTube red stuff annoys the hell out of me.. well mostly because I hate YouTube red and I think any youtuber that supports it is a sellout.

#triggered

I have youtube red because fuck you.

I actually forgot why it's a "bad thing". I just want to support the shit I watch without seeing adds. This is literally the only thing I subscribe to. Don't watch TV, netflix, nothing. (I'm a sad individual).

3 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

TobyFox must by laughing his fucking head while he thinks of a quick way to end it all. lmao

I didn't even think about TobyFox. Oh god. Poor guy. Can you imagine what he feels like? I would legit be depressed at the shit he's accidentally started :c

Just now, Falaffel said:

I actually forgot why it's a "bad thing". I just want to support the shit I watch without seeing adds. This is literally the only thing I subscribe to. Don't watch TV, netflix, nothing. (I'm a sad individual).

Well then. I am the opposite. I have everything else but YouTube Red, because fuck you too buddy, pal, and/or friend. I hate ads too.

13 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

I didn't even think about TobyFox. Oh god. Poor guy. Can you imagine what he feels like? I would legit be depressed at the shit he's accidentally started :c

He has gone through so much shit with this game. lmao
The horrible fanbase and their shitty headcanons. The ludicrously overblown situation with So Sorry. The asshole interviewers trying to bait him into saying the "wrong" crap about his game and it's "progressiveness". Probably cringeworthy raving fans sending him their gross fanart. And now this being the absolute worst.

And I'm sure he gets loads of needlessly hateful mail.

11 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Well then. I am the opposite. I have everything else but YouTube Red, because fuck you too buddy, pal, and/or friend. I hate ads too.

Seriously, I don't know why there's hate. I wouldn't defend Red, but I don't know what's wrong with it. 

2 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

The horrible fanbase and their shitty headcanons. The ludicrously overblown situation with So Sorry. The asshole interviewers trying to bait him into saying the "wrong" crap about his game and it's "progressiveness". Probably cringeworthy raving fans sending him their gross fanart. And now this being the absolute worst.

I seriously feel for him. 

Actual internalized screaming ^

5 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Pastry is an autistic loser who should be ashamed of himself.

ftfy :^)

14 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

And I'm sure he gets loads of needlessly hateful mail.

I'll say this: I admire the guy's tenacity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Falaffel said:

Seriously, I don't know why there's hate. I wouldn't defend Red, but I don't know what's wrong with it. 

Meh, it rubs me the wrong way. Like sandpaper for toilet paper or a cheese grater for a straight razor. I thought Google would make things more accessible not put up a pay wall for content. 

Turns out this isnt the first time an important world figure was given a video game

"The last time I was here, Donald gave me a gift, the video game developed here in Poland that's won fans the world over, The Witcher. I confess, I'm not very good at video games, but I've been told that it is a great example of Poland's place in the new global economy. And it's a tribute to the talents and work ethic of the Polish people as well as the wise stewardship of Polish leaders like prime minister Tusk."

-President Obama

I finally finished the video (it was really really hard to watch it all the way through in one sitting). I couldn't click because of the thumbnail (like, really? Could it be any more disrespectful?). I had to stop when he tried to defend his ness theory out of cringe. I had to stop at the George Clooney thing because it physically hurt. The America being about burgers and eagles gave me a headache. Had to pause and scream when he started talking about Undertale. FNAF. Him relating it to recent shootings made me want to hang myself. "Gaming community is SUPER DIVERSE," pls die. Joke about LoL and Dota made me pause and bash my head into a wall. The comparison of gamers being sterotyped to rasces, sexes, genders, sexual orientation, religion is literally the worst. He's assuming the Pope would understand the meaning behind Undertale, which is idiotic at best. FNAF again. Like, seriously, what's his boner with FNAF about? "It's up to us to educate the world about the good works of gaming." As a gamer, kys. He assumes people backed Undertale for pacifism and not because it looked good. 

Oh, and the editing is a bit shitty, and the music was out of place :v

I honestly can't believe there was legitimately a paragraph of things I hated. 

4 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Turns out this isnt the first time an important world figure was given a video game

"The last time I was here, Donald gave me a gift, the video game developed here in Poland that's won fans the world over, The Witcher. I confess, I'm not very good at video games, but I've been told that it is a great example of Poland's place in the new global economy. And it's a tribute to the talents and work ethic of the Polish people as well as the wise stewardship of Polish leaders like prime minister Tusk."

-President Obama

This makes sense, though. It's the best thing to come out of poland :v. 

Obama is a guy you can joke around with. That, and Donald Tusk didn't mean for it to be this extreme thing with so much meaning. Donald Tusk wasn't actually representing all of Poland with this gift. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

-President Obama

I remember this when it happened and I think it was actually sorta justified tbh. Like he said, it's a critically-acclaimed piece of art that has enjoyed international appeal and is symbolic of the advances Poland has made as a country, as well as it's impact on global culture.

I'm sure he's been given dumber shit is what I'm saying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

has anyone here actually proposed a good gift relating to youtube culture or what that would be?

Nothing good on the Internet is tangible. That's just how it is.

Logically, I would suspect a plaque of some kind to be offered. One symbolizing the bringing together of people over the Internet. Something crafted of that nature.

Hell, it could be a painting/mural that was made during a community contest. That's another layer of showing off the community, no? 

But nah, we gave him undertale. The symbolism will go over his head, as with anyone else who's not familiar with games. For UNDERTALE to be impactful, one must be already aware of the stereotypical jrpg. You'd have to understand that, in the usual circumstances, you only kill monsters, not save them. It would make no sense to anyone who doesn't know what stereotype it's broken. That's why the gift is fucking stupid. Not because he can't play it. 

• Like 1