Nintendo Direct September 1st

SirRob

I hope we get a gay Star Fox dating game. You play as a lowly but decently attractive cadet, and you can choose to date Fox, Wolf, Falco, Panther, Peppy, Leon, James, Bill, or a Sharpclaw. Slippy will be mysteriously absent from the game.

1 hour ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I like how every post so far has been some variation of "I hope they show this game because I want to fuck the animal people in it."

At least you're honest I guess.

I don't want to fuck the lizard girls

I just want to play as one and adore how cute it is while I wreck enemies in melee combat

5 minutes ago, Eggdodger said:

My prediction: Sakurai has taken another long abandoned franchise under his wing and is planning to bring it into the new age.

Ice Climbers: Uprising

I bet a new 3D Ice Climbers platformer would split the world in two. I would buy that shit SO fucking fast.

3 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I bet a new 3D Ice Climbers platformer would split the world in two. I would buy that shit SO fucking fast.

I was partially joking, but honestly? Yes. It had such a cool premise: two explorers on a glacier with only their hammers, their wits and each other to survive (unless you're playing the one player for some reason). The original game just didn't take it far enough (but it was good for a quick arcade-y experience)

5 hours ago, SirRob said:

I hope we get a gay Star Fox dating game. You play as a lowly but decently attractive cadet, and you can choose to date Fox, Wolf, Falco, Panther, Peppy, Leon, James, Bill, or a Sharpclaw. Slippy will be mysteriously absent from the game.

I am disappoint cuz no general pepper. 

9 hours ago, Battlechili said:

I don't want to fuck the lizard girls

I just want to play as one and adore how cute it is while I wreck enemies in melee combat

Yeah I don't want fuck Fox McCloud either

Okay I lied

5 hours ago, yell0wf0x said:

I am disappoint cuz no general pepper. 

OMFG I FORGOT HIM

Yes he is included I um, I didn't mention him because he's a secret unlockable husband

7 hours ago, Ieono said:

Nintendo...just give me another good F-Zero game. F-Zero GX/AX was so long ago...

Shit's dead, my guy. Your best options for an AG racing fix are BallisticNG, Fast Racing Neo, Formula Fusion, SlipStreamGX, RedOut, The Next Penelope, and Permutation Racer (in order of quality).

And if you haven't yet played it, pick up a ROM or go hunting for a copy of the Japan only F-Zero Climax on the GBA which was the last F-Zero game released. There's also BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2 which not many people are aware of.

6 hours ago, Ieono said:

Nintendo...just give me another good F-Zero game. F-Zero GX/AX was so long ago...

Because literally nothing will ever top it. You can't improve perfection.

7 hours ago, SirRob said:

Yeah I don't want fuck Fox McCloud either

Okay I lied

It's okay, nobody would have believed you. Even if we wished we could.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Because literally nothing will ever top it. You can't improve perfection.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Get Sega to make another one just like it or remaster it. Give it online. Don't take out SHIT. Don't "balance" SHIT. Don't remove MT Boosting, Quick Turning, snaking, rail sliding, nothing. Keep it exactly as is unless you want to buff other racers (there's no excuse for Silver Rat to be as crap as he is).

I would honestly like a new F-Zero, but if they really just remastered GX, I would be fine with the 12 year absence.

But speaking of which, Fast Racing Neo is getting a fuck load of DLC next month. 8 new race tracks, 10 new vehicles, 18 new songs (YES), 2 new cups.

2 hours ago, Eggdodger said:

Fast Racing Neo DLC sounds great. I've played it with my friends and they quickly caught on, resulting in some furious competition between us. I hope the DLC courses can capture that same feel.

I was so sad when they had to patch out some of the tech and shortcuts because it could be abused online. :c

58 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I was so sad when they had to patch out some of the tech and shortcuts because it could be abused online. :c

That's the thing that makes the GameCube era games like F-Zero GX and Melee so special, I think: if an unintentional mechanic is discovered, the developer can't take it away even if the community wants to keep it in.

1 minute ago, Eggdodger said:

That's the thing that makes the GameCube era games like F-Zero GX and Melee so special, I think: if an unintentional mechanic is discovered, the developer can't take it away even if the community wants to keep it in.

It's nice yeah, but I understand why patches like this have to be done. It's not fair to inexperienced. Especially the shortcuts. 

So sadly, I guess F-Zero GX would have to be balanced if it ever got remastered with any online functionality. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Ever Oasis looks gr8. I love the character designs, and the game is very Zelda-y. Also cool to see we're still getting Yokai Watch games. I ought' to try one.

>Mario Maker on 3DS

YES

>no online

NO

Literally it's secondary feature and the main way to enjoy the first. lol
Not everyone lives in urban Japan. Online would have been GREAT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Well, that was boring. 

Still. Looking forward to Oasis, DQ7, and that new Pikmin. 

Those were pretty much my takeaways as well.

I'm also naively holding out hope that this Mario Party might be fun with friends, but they never even mentioned a standard board game mode so my guess is maybe not.

2 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Literally what is the point? Even with streetpass, no one gives two fucks about the geometric nightmare of level that lil' Timmy down the straight made on the 5-minute ride to grade school.

I stopped playing Mario Party after 5. lol
I never really could say I had interest in the franchise for too long honestl.

I don't play Mario Party for the sake of Mario Party. The CPUs either cheat or are incredibly stupid, no in between. I play it because it's fun with friends, exempting the latest ones (7 was the last one I bought for myself, but I've played the newer ones)

I don't care if it's gimmicky or unfair; that's always been Mario Party. I just want the board game and stars back so I can make my friends hate me the old fashioned way.

WEW

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/09/01/nintendo-has-issued-a-dmca-notice-for-500-game-jolt-fan-games/

EDIT: I just found out that they showed off more Monster Hunter Stories in the Japanese direct

I don't even like Monster Hunter and this game looks rad. Being a spinoff I'd totally grab it if it got brought over to the West.

16 hours ago, Battlechili said:

WEW

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/09/01/nintendo-has-issued-a-dmca-notice-for-500-game-jolt-fan-games/

EDIT: I just found out that they showed off more Monster Hunter Stories in the Japanese direct

I don't even like Monster Hunter and this game looks rad. Being a spinoff I'd totally grab it if it got brought over to the West.

If only a single sword swipe in MH didn't make me age ten years. I'd actually get this.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eggdodger said:

"It makes all your actions have more weight"

Yeah, I can tell. Poor guy is struggling to lift his weapon to hit anything with it.

Like, I use heavy weapons in games, but there is something especially obnoxious about MH's combat that makes me completely ignore the franchise.