Encouraging drug use

GemWolf

I understand that the rules allow the discussion of drug use, and I agree with that. Drugs, whether they be prescription or recreational are apart of life, so it would be logical that the community wants to discuss them. 

However, encouraging illegal drug use should not be allowed on the forum. It's just crazy. 

Drug discussion and drug encouragement are two different things. (Example of drug discussion: Talking about oneself or a friend who has just started weed or ice is a drug discussion, or talking about helping a friend who is hooked and even talking about a news event relating to an illegal drug). (Example of drug encouragement: telling someone that their youth was wasted because they didn't do drugs, or saying that everyone should try ecstasy or come join me next week at this party we are gonna be snorting coke) 

Do you see the difference? There are young people on this forum that can be easily manipulated into following the acts of older members. 

Also, recreational drugs are illegal in most countries and this should also be taken into consideration.

I respectfully ask all Mods to seriously think about this, and taking the time to discuss it further with eachother. Maybe the rules should be revised? 

Thank you for taking the time to read my concern.

1 minute ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Instead of banning free discussion can we just ban the children instead? V:

Who said anything about banning free discussion? I mentioned several times that drug discussion is understandable. 

Children have a right to join a furry forum, and even if this was a kid free forum, encouraging illegal drug use to anyone is wrong 

Listen, kids, all I'm saying is that if you ever feel a little down some cocaine, meth, or heroin will make you feel very good. Why, I was so depressed before I started smoking crack it was unbelievable. I felt like society was flawed and that adults didn't understand me. That all changed when I first felt the cold pinch of a heroin needle against my scrotum.

• Like 9

The moderation team here is fairly lax, barring certain scenarios. This is one of them. Once we begin to police the tonality in which a person expresses their drug use, it seems.. pretty fake? And we kind of try to sort of encourage people being honest, with the caveat that their honesty will get certain responses from folks. For instance, if some tryhard idiot says, "doing drugs is great", the sane population on the forums will most likely ignore the amount of edge. 

The "children" on the forums are what- Sidewalk, Feelwell, and George? They are all 16-17 years old. Sure, 16 year olds are inherently dumb by way of life experiences, but I promise you say, george won't read the above and say, "Wow, I was previously uninterested in drugs, but now I gotta try some"

We've banned discussing how to get drugs, how to use drugs, and getting drugs via the forums. We're not going to ban candid mentions of usage. Better example:

GOOD: "I smoke ganja on occasion. Its alright."

BAD: "Anyone in Dayton, Ohio know where I can get a good grass hookup?"

BAD: "So, the best way to smoke heroin is not the spoon trick, but in fact this way: links an image"

While we see your point, we respectfully believe our members can conduct themselves appropriately when it comes to vauge mentions of drug usage, and essentially use their heads. We're here to uphold the rules, break up fights, and otherwise keep the peace, not police what a person does on the forums outside of blatant bigotry or whatever. 

I, personally, think it's the internet's responsibility to safeguard my children from information which might point them towards reckless behavior.

I don't know why all these people expect me to discuss the perils of drug use with my kids, I don't have time for that. I have furry forums to post on. :^)

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Lemon said:

The moderation team here is fairly lax, barring certain scenarios. This is one of them. Once we begin to police the tonality in which a person expresses their drug use, it seems.. pretty fake? And we kind of try to sort of encourage people being honest, with the caveat that their honesty will get certain responses from folks. For instance, if some tryhard idiot says, "doing drugs is great", the sane population on the forums will most likely ignore the amount of edge. 

The "children" on the forums are what- Sidewalk, Feelwell, and George? They are all 16-17 years old. Sure, 16 year olds are inherently dumb by way of life experiences, but I promise you say, george won't read the above and say, "Wow, I was previously uninterested in drugs, but now I gotta try some"

We've banned discussing how to get drugs, how to use drugs, and getting drugs via the forums. We're not going to ban candid mentions of usage. Better example:

GOOD: "I smoke ganja on occasion. Its alright."

BAD: "Anyone in Dayton, Ohio know where I can get a good grass hookup?"

BAD: "So, the best way to smoke heroin is not the spoon trick, but in fact this way: links an image"

While we see your point, we respectfully believe our members can conduct themselves appropriately when it comes to vauge mentions of drug usage, and essentially use their heads. We're here to uphold the rules, break up fights, and otherwise keep the peace, not police what a person does on the forums outside of blatant bigotry or whatever. 

So you are basically just going to allow people to encourage others to use drugs? "Hey you should snort coke, it's awesome" is ok with you as a moderator?

Well I must say, I'm am very shocked at this indeed. 

I love how you used the word "discuss" many times in your comment, when clearly discussing drugs was not the issue, encouraging drugs is the issue

1 minute ago, GemWolf said:

So you are basically just going to allow people to encourage others to use drugs? "Hey you should snort coke, it's awesome" is ok with you as a moderator?

I love how you used the word "discuss" many times in your comment, when clearly discussing drugs was not the issue, encouraging drugs is the issue

The mods are not here to decree morality. 

• Like 3

She very clearly stated that encouraging or instructing others to use drugs was against the rules.

db8cfe32-c428-4646-907f-4e80b3270397.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Zaraphayx said:

She very clearly stated that encouraging or instructing others to use drugs was against the rules.

Oh? Ok then, where?

3 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

The mods are not here to decree morality. 

Which contradicts one of their rules about discussing illegal thinks you have done in your country 

Oh? Ok then, where?

Here let me help you.

16 minutes ago, Lemon said:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GemWolf said:

Oh? Ok then, where?

"We've banned discussing how to get drugs, how to use drugs, and getting drugs via the forums."

There's little beyond that you could do to encourage someone aside from saying "You should try it" and that's protected under sharing your personal point of view. 

4 minutes ago, GemWolf said:

Which contradicts one of their rules about discussing illegal thinks you have done in your country 

Oh, law is not morality, you silly! :^)

Edited by Endless/Nameless
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

Here let me help you.

4 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

"We've banned discussing how to get drugs, how to use drugs, and getting drugs via the forums."

That is a different area. This thread is about encouraging (eg, all teens should do drugs / coke relieves stress, you should try it) 

see the difference?

anyway if the mods have no interest in taking this seriosly I'm not going to spend my day trying to convince.

To the Mods - I appreciate you taking he time to review my concern, despite the outcome. 

Have a great day 

On 8/30/2016 at 5:35 PM, GemWolf said:

That is a different area. This thread is about encouraging (eg, all teens should do drugs / coke relieves stress, you should try it) 

see the difference?

So you're saying the mods should decree morality. Ok. 

O praise ye, Lemon, our Lord! For we are not worthy. 

Good day!

Do keep in mind that the forums are not here to cater to your personal morality.
We have a lower agecap of 13. This is more than old enough for them to decide "Hey, maybe I shouldn't smoke an entire 5 pots" or "I would get in serious trouble if I did this."

Children on the lower, more impressionable end of the scale (below 13) are not allowed here, and, as far as my knowledge extends, will not ever be allowed here.

Specifying "illegal" drug use leaves things quite a bit open, as well.
Take for instance: Marijuana.
It may be illegal in some parts, but it's sold in recreational stores here. You can literally walk down the street and buy weed, and no one will care.
Where do we draw the line on this? Whose jurisdiction? Yours? The server's?

If morality and protecting the childrens is the main objective here, how is legality the only measure with which this should be a factor?
Should we ban encouragement of caffeine use? Prescription drugs? Alcohol? I mean, those things have an impact on people too, and if our aim is "protecting the children," then wouldn't that be all-encompassing?

It's kind of a silly limit and defining factor to put in place. Especially when we're trying to encourage open discussion.

• Like 8

On 8/30/2016 at 5:39 PM, Endless/Nameless said:

So you're saying the mods should decree morality. Ok. 

O praise ye, Lemon, our Lord! For we are not worthy. 

Good day!

No!

Im saying that it just shouldn't be allowed on th forum. 

Look I got a warning or ticket or whatever it is because I was defending myself against insults. This was ages ago. Yet someone saying teens should try drugs was not given a warning? It makes no sense to me at all 

6 minutes ago, GemWolf said:

see the difference?

anyway if the mods have no interest in taking this seriosly I'm not going to spend my day trying to convince.

To the Mods - I appreciate you taking he time to review my concern, despite the outcome. 

Have a great day 

Oh okay so I guess we should make it against the rules to have a stupid opinion or be transparently facetious.

I have bad news for you... :^)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vae said:

Do keep in mind that the forums are not here to cater to your personal morality.
We have a lower agecap of 13. This is more than old enough for them to decide "Hey, maybe I shouldn't smoke an entire 5 pots" or "I would get in serious trouble if I did this."

Children on the lower, more impressionable end of the scale (below 13) are not allowed here, and, as far as my knowledge extends, will not ever be allowed here.

Specifying "illegal" drug use leaves things quite a bit open, as well.
Take for instance: Marijuana.
It may be illegal in some parts, but it's sold in recreational stores here. You can literally walk down the street and buy weed, and no one will care.
Where do we draw the line on this? Whose jurisdiction? Yours? The server's?

If morality and protecting the childrens is the main objective here, how is legality the only measure with which this should be a factor?
Should we ban encouragement of caffeine use? Prescription drugs? Alcohol? I mean, those things have an impact on people too, and if our aim is "protecting the children," then wouldn't that be all-encompassing?

It's kind of a silly limit and defining factor to put in place. Especially when we're trying to encourage open discussion.

Okay then. I understand this. Thank you @Vae, this is the second time you have made things clear for me. I have a lot of respect for you.

I am now satisfied. This issue has now been resolved.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GemWolf said:

He is right, weed is for pussies, smoke a cocaine, best relaxation ever

43943033.jpg

• Like 2

No!

Im saying that it just shouldn't be allowed on th forum. 

In order to do this, the mods would have to state that someone sharing their favorable opinion towards drugs with others is not fit for discussion in a site created solely for discussion of topics, therefore deeming it a "wrong" point of view. 

On other words, decreeing morality. 

2 minutes ago, 6tails said:

It doesn't fucking matter if the drug is legal or illegal. ANYTHING will still fucking kill you. Even the legal ones. A forum member JUST FUCKING DIED most likely due to legal OTC non-prescription meds.

With that in mind, it should be plainly fucking obvious to anyone with half a brain that banning talk about the ILLEGAL drugs isn't going to do a motherfucking thing when there are literally THOUSANDS of legal alternatives/analogues that are essentially the same drug with an added benzine ring or hydrocarbon link AND WILL KILL YOU JUST THE SAME.

This post killed me

• Like 4

This thread is dumb. You're implying that because there are teenage users on the site (like me, for example), that because people mention drugs every once in a while, that we're suddenly gonna start doing those drugs. Just because some furfags mention weed doesn't mean I'm instantly gonna go out and inject like 8 marijuanas.

• Like 2

We aren't going to ban a discussion of people talking about their use of schedule (insert number here) drugs, or creating discussions criticizing other for their drug use. It's stupid. To mirror Lemon,  if a person made a post about correctly using heroin (with pics too as a bonus), making "redneck meth", "learning how to sell weed", or buying cannabis oil for their vape it's going to get closed/hidden.
If a person wanted to discuss their past history which included a downward spiral drug binge or relapsing, we aren't going to close it. In most cases, we are mostly in the grey territory.

EDIT: Most kids on this site are intelligent to know that "Drugs are bad, m'kay" and aren't going to go out on a whim and buy a dime bag of crack. Most young furries aren't delicate little flowers who are naive and ignorant to the world around them. Give them some credit. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GemWolf said:

Discussion is an umbrella that covers "encouraging". Like I said, Sidewalk won't read "I have a lot of fun doing drugs"or, "You should definitely try heroin" and do them. There aren't children on these forums. There are teenagers on these forums. This isn't exactly a family friendly forum. Furthermore, if a teenager wants to do drugs, it isn't because they, again, listened to some idiot who also advocated " tearing down this civilization " like in some bad punk song.

We have read and listened to what you're saying. We're not going to ban people mentioning that they enjoy drugs because a) there aren't impressionable babies on these forums, and b) policing someone on certain forms of expression goes against our chosen philosophy to moderate the forums. 

• Guest locked this topic