FUCK ALZHEIMER'S

Wrecker

Fuck Alzheimer's, fuck Dementia, and fuck every relative of them.

Nothing better than watching a person slowly deteriorate until they're stuck in a wheelchair not knowing fuck all. Also, where time goes on right into them gasping for breath laying in their own death bed.

What a fucking crooked and fucking awful kind of disease, motherfucker.

Dec 18th, lost my other grandfather.

You know what the only benefit to shit diseases like they are? It doesn't hurt half as much when people you know pass on and you get to know they're not suffering or stuck way out of sorts in some position that you know they'd never ever ever ever want to be in.

That's it, that's all, just the fact you know they're better off gone.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

I'm sorry for your loss. I watched a close friend of mine pass away like that. It's sad to see them having fewer and fewer good days, and to see friends come around less often.

I hope that you have good memories of him.

I definitely do, I'll remember him as he was.

It's like a rock and a hard place to figure he's better off having passed on, it's terrible to see anybody like that, and it's definitely for the better he's not in the condition he was in, but there's always that selfish little bit that wishes he was still alive just for the sake of being alive.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, I hope you have many good memories too.

16 minutes ago, Wrecker said:

I definitely do, I'll remember him as he was.

It's like a rock and a hard place to figure he's better off having passed on, it's terrible to see anybody like that, and it's definitely for the better he's not in the condition he was in, but there's always that selfish little bit that wishes he was still alive just for the sake of being alive.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, I hope you have many good memories too.

I give you and your family my condolences for your loss. It comes down to cherishing the time you had with him and looking back on it fondly as time passes. Those last moments and last days are always the toughest to go through as an outsider having to watch it go by. But, if you can hold onto the essence of who they were as a person, it'll be what can sustain you, and in the end, it's all you'll need.

I had an event not too long ago, back in 2014, where I found out someone who was a very close friend of mine was killed in a car wreck. There are a lot more details to it all, but regardless of that, a song that helped me a lot through those times was called

Sleeping at Last - Saturn

I'd give it a listen. It's an amazingly beautiful and powerful song.

I wish you and your family the absolute in the coming and trying days. I'll keep you all in my prayers. 

• Like 2

I'm very sorry to hear about that.

I guess I hope that in the future there will be more effective treatments for these diseases.
I'm worried about my sister's long term mental health because she is already severely mentally handicapped, and the condition she has is often associated with dementia.

• Like 1

The thing worse than death is observing someone and slowly and inevitably becoming someone you barely recognize anymore. Sometimes it can feel like the only thing you got left of the said person are your past memories of him/her. I can tell from experience since my now deceased grandma suffered from dementia. She could remember what was said to her during her days of school but does not remember what is a bell pepper or that she left the stove on

I hope none of the people have to witness memory related illnesses. And if it struck me, my loved ones and friends would be crestfallen but I wouldn't even be able to be sad for it because I couldn't remember what's making my loved ones sad or what was the latest diagnosis of my health status

Alongside with cancer, I really hope there will be an affordable cure for demetia/alzheimers ASAP

• Like 1

On 2016-12-20 at 11:36 PM, U-235 said:

I give you and your family my condolences for your loss. It comes down to cherishing the time you had with him and looking back on it fondly as time passes. Those last moments and last days are always the toughest to go through as an outsider having to watch it go by. But, if you can hold onto the essence of who they were as a person, it'll be what can sustain you, and in the end, it's all you'll need.

I had an event not too long ago, back in 2014, where I found out someone who was a very close friend of mine was killed in a car wreck. There are a lot more details to it all, but regardless of that, a song that helped me a lot through those times was called

Sleeping at Last - Saturn

I'd give it a listen. It's an amazingly beautiful and powerful song.

I wish you and your family the absolute in the coming and trying days. I'll keep you all in my prayers. 

Thanks, I sincerely appreciate the condolences.

That's actually a really nice song, thank you, I've never heard of Saturn before. I'm going to have to listen to them more now!

This is another song that really kinda hits the part for me,

My condolences,

Though...as stated above there is a slim chance for hope in the cure and prevention of those sorts of diseases. I think there are neural and brain health supplements in the market now like Prevagen which contains apoquoerin, which comes from jellyfish and is good for neurological health. I believe I see a lot of elderly people purchase this, its a steep price good for long term health. Im sure there's still other means being run now to prevent mental health degradation.

'til then its best to keep good memories for those who cant

I'm sorry for your loss. I have an uncle with Parkinson's and it's made so much harder knowing that he's fully aware of what's happening to him and he's just watching himself deteriorate. These days I get the impression he's suicidal and honestly I wouldn't hold it against him if he did take his own life. Anything that cases incurable physical or mental deterioration is hard to watch. 

I hear you. My condolences. One of my grandfathers had Alzheimer's. He was a bright guy, and to see his mind change like that was disturbing. Especially when he couldn't remember our names. Unlike many, however, he retained some of his personality. He stayed pretty mellow until the end, and still liked to watch the squirrels.