Its Thanksgiving!

TrishaCat

The holiday that is inferior to Christmas! 

Really though happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you're enjoying your Turkey Day! What are y'all doing for your Turkey Day anyways? Eating any good food? Visiting with family? Or maybe getting ready for some rad Black Friday sales?

My mom made oyster dressing and that's all I need to be in eternal bliss.

I'm super late here, but I had a pretty good Thanksgiving. It was a smallish gathering of 9 people, and we had a nice time. I much prefer it to the chaos that goes on at my aunt's house (with at least 20 or so family members gathering there for Thanksgiving every year).
We had turkey, ham, mac and cheese, stuffing (my favorite), mashed potatoes, rolls, steamed veggies, and green bean casserole.
(We haven't had that last item for a few years, but I really enjoy it, so I was happy to see it make a comeback!)
I also got to have some sparkling cider, which I love and generally only have on Thanksgiving.

Only thing is, I ate so much that I forgot to save room for dessert!

• Like 1

Small Thanksgivings are the best. Feels more personal like everyone really cherishes each other's company rather than just being there because they're family.

My Thanksgiving was nice although I'm sad I didn't get to participate in any Black Friday deals. I saw a cheap as hell PS4 that called my name but I had to ignore it.

On 11/26/2018 at 3:12 AM, Umbra.Exe said:

Only thing is, I ate so much that I forgot to save room for dessert!

how could you do this

Thanksgiving without dessert is like a marriage without love. Yeah you can have it but its gonna suck.

On 11/27/2018 at 12:45 PM, Battlechili said:

Small Thanksgivings are the best. Feels more personal like everyone really cherishes each other's company rather than just being there because they're family.

My Thanksgiving was nice although I'm sad I didn't get to participate in any Black Friday deals. I saw a cheap as hell PS4 that called my name but I had to ignore it.

how could you do this

Thanksgiving without dessert is like a marriage without love. Yeah you can have it but its gonna suck.

It was really nice. I like small gatherings, it's a nice change from what we had when I was younger (and we'd go to the aforementioned aunt's house- Easter and Christmas were just as chaotic).

I didn't really get anything on Black Friday either. I think I went and bought some fabric, but that's about it.

And to be fair, I did have a tiny slice of pumpkin pie and ice cream. Because I love pumpkin pie. There were more pies I wanted to have some of, but I didn't have room, haha.