The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

Oh right. Codes. The last time there was something like that, there were no codes left when I got to my local GameStop. Granted, it was the last day, but still. Hrrg! I guess I'm gonna have to go to GameStop some time this week. Definitely not tomorrow. But some time!

The GameStop people are going to be VERY acquainted with me by the end of the year. ; ]

-Breathes loudly- 

Edited by SirRob

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second competition mega stone (sharpedonite) acquired.

Lotsa complaining in the Shuffle threads over at the other forum... Datamining the new update says that as soon as the current escalation battle (kyurem) ends, diancie is going to begin. And will be offering the mega stone as a prize at lvl 50. And there'll be a mega abomasnow competition stage.

17 hours ago, yell0wf0x said:

Why would ye do that?! Ye could've gotten us all codes. xD

Ye could've monopolized the Phoenix market and asked for a new car in exchange for that. 

I should have grabbed a few. The guy there was being nice and giving a bunch away. I just didn't want to take them for people who wanted them when I only needed one, but I could have just given them out here... >_>

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ieono said:

Magearna looks....terrible. 

Normally I'm open to new pokemon designs. But this fucker really is ugly. And they completed the look by giving it a stupid pokeball dress. Even though pokeballs didn't exist when this pokemon came about.

• Like 2

I need get a gold/silver remake and either alpha/omega. I'm really behind with these games. Actually, I should dive in and try for a complete pokedex again. Get one version of every gen. With the bank it ought to be easier. Last time I had a full pokedex was Platinum and that was a huge pain in the ass.

3 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Neat

I wonder if there'll be two evil teams where one wants to make the world always day and the other always night.

I'm really kinda hoping they go for something more original and less melodramatic. But eh, the games are called Sun and Moon.

I liked Neo Team Plasma as bad guys. They were literally terrorists

I really feel like the direct didn't give us any information we didn't already know. The only thing that caught my attention was when he said "it all comes together in Sun/Moon."

It makes me wonder if they are going to make it like old R/B/Y where you could, between the two versions, obtain every Pokemon with the exception of Mew. More recenelty, in X/Y if you wanted to get everyone you had to go back and forth between other games or use the Pokemon Bank.

Edited by Shiekra Tora

1 minute ago, Shiekra Tora said:

I really feel like the direct didn't give us any information we didn't already know. The only thing that caught my attention was when he said "it all comes together in Sun/Moon."

It makes me wonder if they are going to make it like old R/B/Y where you could, between the two versions, obtain every Pokemon with the exception of Mew. More recenelty, in X/Y if you wanted to get everyone you had to go back and forth between other games or use the Pokemon Bank.

Well there's the new design for what looks like a pokemon center. A neat liking Plaza thing. And a truck/jeep thing. Vehicles in a pokemon game now?

@DrDingo I still like team rocket. 

2 hours ago, Shiekra Tora said:

It's probably because Nintendo will be allowing players to transfer from Game Boy Colour to Pokemon Bank.

Well, 'transfer'. You recapture a copy of them.

EDIT- By Game Boy Colour, I mean the virtual console for Game Boy Colour on 3DS. It gets weird

Edited by DrDingo

9 minutes ago, Ieono said:

Sun and Moon? Running out of ideas, eh Gamefreak? 

Well, it isn't as though we have plenty of pokemon with Sun and Moon themes, at least....

The name grows on you.

I thought it was silly, but now I kinda like it. The logos are really cool and I like staring at them.

1 minute ago, DrDingo said:

The name grows on you.

I thought it was silly, but now I kinda like it. The logos are really cool and I like staring at them.

I didn't say that I don't like it. It is just...too easy for a thematic duo. But I suppose it is harder to come up with those (especially ones that cross language barriers) than one would think, perhaps. 

13 minutes ago, Ieono said:

I didn't say that I don't like it. It is just...too easy for a thematic duo. But I suppose it is harder to come up with those (especially ones that cross language barriers) than one would think, perhaps. 

I think astronomy could make way for some cool legendaries.

It's the evil team that might be a bit.. typical

1 minute ago, DrDingo said:

I think astronomy could make way for some cool legendaries.

It's the evil team that might be a bit.. typical

Well many of our legendaries are "cosmic" in nature, so yeah. They did this in a major way with the Diamond and Pearl series. 

26 minutes ago, Luca said:

I don't know about you, but I've been long awaiting the simple Chinese option for Pokemon since 96

I'm gonna hold you to that and fully expect you to be playing with the simple Chinese option when the game's released

You know, if they're not gonna show gameplay, why did they even bother announcing the game? Why not just wait until further in the year and then show gameplay to get us really excited? We already have Pokken and Go to look forward to. It's like, when we finally see gameplay, it's not gonna be as crazy an announcement as it could've been.

Edited by SirRob

5 minutes ago, SirRob said:

I'm gonna hold you to that and fully expect you to be playing with the simple Chinese option when the game's released

You know, if they're not gonna show gameplay, why did they even bother announcing the game? Why not just wait until further in the year and then show gameplay to get us really excited? We already have Pokken and Go to look forward to. It's like, when we finally see gameplay, it's not gonna be as crazy an announcement as it could've been.

The day before the announcement, the internet was abuzz with the exciting news that Nintendo trademarked the names for Pokemon Moon and Sun, along with logo artwork.

They didn't have an awful lot of choice. If they left it until later, it'd seem like old news.