Remove Kebab 10.10.2015

Ayattar

6ab.png

Now, on more serious note, for those who don't know anything about that yet.

Link to the article

Video footage from the explosion

Video footage from the aftermatch [gore warning]

So, even after ISIS will be dealt with, it's impossible for us to expect the peace in the middle east. Not if the nations such as Kurds still remain without their own countries. And honestly, it's hard to believe that Turkey got accepted into NATO. But, actually thinking of it, since US is in it, everything is possible.

And for those who know nothing about the problem there at all. Kurds are a nation of 30 million people who don't have their own country, living mostly in the eastern Turkey and northern Iraq. They've been fighting for their independence regularly since the late XIX century. In the last year they've been also the only force actively, succesively and effectively fighting the ISIS. Turkey on the other hand, being afraid that after ISIS is dealt with, they might have to deal with Kurdish Army or have to accept independent Kurdistan is indirectly supporting ISIS by bombind kurdish armed forces.

Tl;dr: wrong kebabs got removed.

Ocalan free Kurdistan!

Edited by Ayattar

Blow them all up.

It's all rightful Greek clay they're on anyway.

greese Greece couldn't afford the upkeep :V

Its Sad But a true fact that given all the divide in the middle east peace will most likely never happen. 

Turkey isn't in the middle east, it's part of Europe. O.o

It's actually part of Asia, to be pedantic. Only a tiny part amounting to the area around Istanbul is located in Europe. The rest is considered part of Asia or the Middle East, depending on who you ask.

I think this is one of those 'But they aren't properly white and Christian so they can't possibly be European!' things.

It has to do with where the majority of the population is located. Since the US has bases in Europe, and they cover more ground than the Vatican when put together, does that make the US a European country, too? 

I think this is one of those 'But they aren't properly white and Christian so they can't possibly be European!' things.

I think you're talking bullshit, having no knowledge at all on that matter. Look at: Bosnia, Albania, Kosovo. Ie. legit european muslim countries. In terms of whiteness Turks are no different from other mediterraneans.

But geographically, they have only 3% of their territory and less than 20% of the population living on the european soil. Also culturally they're and always were alien to us. Even when they had most of the Balkans, they were still an asian country.

Educate yourself.

And stop derailing the topic.

Edited by Ayattar
  • Like 1

We're all a little bit kebab on the inside.

I have this dirty secret of actually loving kebab and turkish sweets. Just you look at this.

kebab-w-bulce-grube-ciasto.png

And this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT44POylp12j7PzU8671Ru

Aren't they cute? Whispering: "eat me, eat me", softly to my ear :C

Edited by Ayattar

I know its almost like having a bunch of foreign powers come into a country they know little about and just arbitrarily carving it up without concern for the cultures or people who live there is a terrible idea.  For those of you who don't know about it look up the Sykes-Picot Agreement.  It was basically a secret agreement made by France, The United Kingdoms, and Russia to carve up most of the Middle East after the first World War.  The current terrible situation there is likely a direct result of intervention by Western powers.

Also yeah the Kurds definitely deserve their own country.

I know its almost like having a bunch of foreign powers come into a country they know little about and just arbitrarily carving it up without concern for the cultures or people who live there is a terrible idea.  For those of you who don't know about it look up the Sykes-Picot Agreement.  It was basically a secret agreement made by France, The United Kingdoms, and Russia to carve up most of the Middle East after the first World War.  The current terrible situation there is likely a direct result of intervention by Western powers.

Also yeah the Kurds definitely deserve their own country.

You know, it's not all about that. In truth it's more about various groups of people developing a sense of ethinc affiliation, with nationalism and patriotism rising, with so called "national awakening" that happened in XVIII and XIX century across the whole world. Back when the Ottoman Empire was created there was little affiliation between lower social groups and the state. Only the elite was familiar with the idea of "nation". We had it the same in Europe - Ukraine, Germany, Belarus, Baltic States, even Italy, only a bit earlier.

It's more a result of a world-wide trend, connected with the downfall of the social divisions.

You must remember that before this "terrible agreement" there were no ethnically homogenous countries there as well. There was only one country - Ottoman Empire.

Edited by Ayattar

You know, it's not all about that. In truth it's more about various groups of people developing a sense of ethinc affiliation, with nationalism and patriotism rising, with so called "national awakening" that happened in XVIII and XIX century across the whole world. Back when the Ottoman Empire was created there was little affiliation between lower social groups and the state. Only the elite was familiar with the idea of "nation". We had it the same in Europe - Ukraine, Germany, Belarus, Baltic States, even Italy, only a bit earlier.

It's more a result of a world-wide trend, connected with the downfall of the social divisions.

You must remember that before this "terrible agreement" there were no ethnically homogenous countries there as well. There was only one country - Ottoman Empire.

Thank you for correcting me.  My knowledge on the subject is not particularly vast and I do appreciate learning more.  However I still think its fair to say that Sykes-Picot Agreement did have a profound effect on how the West is viewed within the region.