Fallout 4 Thread

DevilishlyHandsome49

Does CPU even really matter for graphics rendering? I've done research on this and it seems you have to basically have a CPU from the 1990's to bottleneck a modern GPU. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No. I've seen Witcher 3, Far Cry 4, DA:Inquisition and GTA V running smoothly on medium/high details on Intel Core 2 Duo 2 x 3.2Ghz

In most of the cases it's bollocks. I mean... In case of Far Cry 4 PC was even able to EMULATE two virtual cores only to fool the game, which was automatically requiring 4 cores to even start.

Here, a dual core gameplay examples, to confirm what I say

Far Cry 4

Witcher 3

GTA V

And those PCs don't even have 8GB of RAM.

Edited by Ayattar

I think it is just a ploy to try and get people to upgrade when they don't need to, to be honest, I just use it as a very rough base and honestly my CPU has never given me any issues with the latest games. My PC is 4 years old now and its still going strong.

Okay, one more vid today and that will be it for the day. They slipped in fallout 4 footage near the end of this!

Now that I see it, the conversation animations aren't as bad as I thought they would be. Not top-of-the-line stuff but it sure beats the hell out of Skyrim, that is for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I must be the most insane person in this thread. I am so anticipating Fallout 4 that I got the Pip-Boy Edition, and took the week after off (two co-workers took the week I wanted...) in order to play it. But I won't actually start until that vacation begins the Saturday after release.

That's right, I will have the game in its shipping box sitting next to my PC for four days and not play it at all. Not that long ago I would not have had the willpower, amazing what a few years will do.

I must be the most insane person in this thread. I am so anticipating Fallout 4 that I got the Pip-Boy Edition, and took the week after off (two co-workers took the week I wanted...) in order to play it. But I won't actually start until that vacation begins the Saturday after release.

That's right, I will have the game in its shipping box sitting next to my PC for four days and not play it at all. Not that long ago I would not have had the willpower, amazing what a few years will do.

you are one strong s.o.b. id break...

I'm about to play :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Capture69.thumb.PNG.44b6e107f60da37d2277

I have the utmost happiness for you

yet....

I have the utmost hate and anger for you too :V

• Like 2

how many game breaking bugs do you guys think are gonna be in at launch i'm thinking at least a dozen

and literally a billion other little bugs

I'm not sure I even want to start playing until an unofficial patch comes out :M

You may have to wait awhile then as the creation kit tools are not being released until 2016. Unless the unofficial patches don't need the creation kit.

I'll suck your dick for some Fallout 4 man!! I'm getting the itch!

Problem is you can't suck dick across the pacific ocean xD. I wish I could help you get it earlier, but at least it'll be all the better when you finally get it!

• Like 1

Only four more days for me.

I wonder if I can make it, especially if I open the box. It is all over if I open the box.

Whatever you do, don't open the box! I just watched my friend stream the game for a few minutes and I found it hard to pull away so you can only imagine how much harder it'd be to actually have that game in your hand

• Like 1

I launched it before work, and just so far I can see it is miles ahead.

I created my character's parents (I think, or is that the char), fucked around the house, and opened the door.

I do think small improvements to graphics could be made, but the phsyically based textures propel this past so so much.

Not to mention the gameplay I expect to be awesome.