I got swindled online

Alexxx-Returns

MOTHER.

FUCKER.

So I saw these really cool shoes in store a couple of years ago. I was really drawn to them, but I kept putting off buying them because I thought MAYBE they looked a bit too butch, and I could really do with dressing a bit more feminine as it is. I thought, what would I wear those with? What goes with brown shoes? So I never bought them. And then, when I was finally decided that I DID want them, they weren't being sold in store any more.

OK, so I kept looking on eBay for a while to see if some would come up second hand. No luck so far. But THEN, I found a website online that was selling them. Because their default currency was Euros, I thought they were a European company. So, with shipping, the shoes came to about £2 less than I'd have bought them for in store (£70). And when Mum called me to say they'd arrived, man I was so damn happy. She said that they'd sent me the wrong size though... I need a 7 and they sent a 6. So I was like "that's OK, when I get home I'll try them on, and if they don't fit, I'll just send them back for a 7".

She sent me a photo of the size tag, and I saw the inside of the tongue of the shoe, and I KNEW something was wrong that was far more than the size. So I asked her to send a photo of the entire shoe.

This is what I ordered on the website. http://images.esellerpro.com/2441/I/44/DC-Shoes-Spartan-High-WC-WNT-Brown-2013-Mens-Trainers-01.jpg

And this is what arrived.

IMG_1608.thumb.JPG.b66a5a33ee234e56913c9

Are they fucking BLIND?!

Did they think I wouldn't notice they'd sent the completely wrong style of fucking shoe?! What the fuck!?

Mum was really nice about it and said that she liked the shoes and wanted to buy them off me, but that doesn't fix the problem that I STILL can't get ahold of the actual shoes I wanted all along. I sent a message on the site's enquiries page, and I never got a response. I'm mega pissed off. Just a fucking terrible company. Sent me the wrong shit and won't respond to exchange it. I thought it was a European company but Mum said from the packaging it was Chinese and they have a tendency to fuck people over online.

Angry

That sucks they sent you the wrong thing, especially for that amount of money. Honestly though, this is why you should stick to trusted shopping sites. When you're willing to shop at random websites no one's ever heard of out of desperation for a specific product, you're taking a pretty big risk, especially with a more expensive product like that.

Also please tell me the website you went through has some stupidly obvious scam name like "BestOnlineShopper.com" or some shit.

That sucks they sent you the wrong thing, especially for that amount of money. Honestly though, this is why you should stick to trusted shopping sites. When you're willing to shop at random websites no one's ever heard of out of desperation for a specific product, you're taking a pretty big risk, especially with a more expensive product like that.

Also please tell me the website you went through has some stupidly obvious scam name like "BestOnlineShopper.com" or some shit.

I'll be honest, I did look up the company before I bought from them to see if there was anything to be said about them. Couldn't see anything, so that's why I went for it.

I'll be honest, I did look up the company before I bought from them to see if there was anything to be said about them. Couldn't see anything, so that's why I went for it.

Were there customer reviews of the site and orders?

Were there customer reviews of the site and orders?

Absolutely nothing. No reviews good or bad, just the website and other websites/companies by the same name. I've done this before with other companies and instantly been given "X is a FRAUD" or something, so I figured it would be obvious.

There is always the chance that I was just one on the unlucky ones and this is only like the 2nd time this has ever happened to me from buying online.

Here's a website you'll want to use in the future; https://www.trustpilot.com/

If a company doesn't have a few reviews on it, chances are they're either scammers, swindlers, or too small to properly trust anyway. In this case, it does sound like something that could be a genuine error. When you order online, a machine usually picks out the item, packs it and ships it. Big companies will have employees to check the order, though. Still shit slips through.

What's unacceptable is that they won't even respond. That's fucking bullshit, and you need to be angry with them. Throw mud at their house. Let 'em know you're not happy, and if they don't care, then see if you can bring down your consumer ombudsman on them. At least they'd love to know about it.

Absolutely nothing. No reviews good or bad, just the website and other websites/companies by the same name. I've done this before with other companies and instantly been given "X is a FRAUD" or something, so I figured it would be obvious.

There is always the chance that I was just one on the unlucky ones and this is only like the 2nd time this has ever happened to me from buying online.

It's usually pretty sketchy if there's no reviews about the site at all. True, you could have just been the one unlucky person to get the wrong order. On that note, have you tried contacting them on the issue? Since your mother bought the shoes off you, the problem has essentially been resolved, but you can contact them on the issue and see how they handle it or respond and that should give you a clear indication on whether or not they're an actual trustworthy company that just fucked up the order, or if they're a scam.

Just because someone got sent the wrong SKU does not necessarily mean that the retailer is unreliable.  Shipping mistakes can happen to even the best of companies.  The reliability is answered by how well they DEAL with sending you the wrong SKU.

As an extreme example, Amazon one shipped someone a part of it's warehouse conveyor belt system rather than the book they had ordered.

http://gizmodo.com/amazon-sent-this-customer-a-piece-of-its-conveyor-belt-1666960149

Just because someone got sent the wrong SKU does not necessarily mean that the retailer is unreliable.  Shipping mistakes can happen to even the best of companies.  The reliability is answered by how well they DEAL with sending you the wrong SKU.

As an extreme example, Amazon one shipped someone a part of it's warehouse conveyor belt system rather than the book they had ordered.

http://gizmodo.com/amazon-sent-this-customer-a-piece-of-its-conveyor-belt-1666960149

...I would have kept it.