Post Your N64 Games

Phausk

I just have Castlevania, Doom 64, Mario Party 1 and 2, and WWF No Mercy(best wrestling game ever, even if you don't like wrestling).

I don't have any with the boxes anymore, the only old console I still have boxes for are a couple Sega Genesis games.

I never had a Nintendo 64. Unsure if I missed out or not.

That N64 logo reminds me oddly of the Sun Microsystems logo.

You totally did dude. It was a good followup from the Super Nintendo, and there's a ton of memorable classics; especially since Rare were at their peak. But yeah I still think it was better than the PS, even if it lost ground to it near the end. Everyone I knew was buying a PS just to mod it for playing burnt games. Then came the whole "Nintendo is for kids, Sony is for adults" mentality that came around.

Edited by Phausk

You totally did dude. It was a good followup from the Super Nintendo, 

My friend had the Super Nintendo and I agree that it was awesome. I can see the next iteration of the platform, with the N64, doing a pretty good thing.

Everyone I knew was buying a PS just to mod it for playing burnt games.

I'd never known this was a factor, but I can see it happening. Modding culture has power, even if in this case it was to be douchey and avoid actually paying for things they wanted to enjoy. Sucks, but it's crap like that which helped shape the forces that drove DMCA through Congress. Hooray, now everything is terrible!

Then came the whole "Nintendo is for kids, Sony is for adults" mentality that came around.

See, this I don't get and I don't know where it stemmed from. I know boatloads of adults who enjoy the Nintendo Wii (am I already outing myself as not being in the loop for several generations of platforms?). Although I will say that last generation's approach of lower cost hardware, to enhance affordability by trading off "realism," may very well have put Nintendo at the disadvantage. Or was it the titles they helped drive into the market? For example, I'm hard-pressed to think of Nintendo's answer to Chrono Cross when that launched alongside the PS2.

Are you fucking kidding me? I didnt think think they would even be worth that by now lol

They just keep going up.  Over the years, at a local game store I've watched a copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day (I'm assuming it's the same, they always have just one) go from roughly $70 to over $100.

They also had a copy of Tail Concerto on PS1 a few years ago for $50, which I thought was way too much so I passed. Now I regret not buying it because they sold it and now it's back for $90.

I remember playing Super Mario, Mario Kart, Banjo Kazooie and Donkey Kong on the N64. I can remember the Super Nintendo a bit better though with Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island and Bubsy. Honestly I'm not sure why Bubsy got so much crap I loved that game and it's the one I remember best.

I have no idea what that Lode Runner game is or where it came from but it was in my crate with all the old video game shit haha

I remember having Lode Runner 3D a long time ago.  Very frustrating puzzle platformer thing. I was never any good at it.

I remember playing Super Mario, Mario Kart, Banjo Kazooie and Donkey Kong on the N64. I can remember the Super Nintendo a bit better though with Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island and Bubsy. Honestly I'm not sure why Bubsy got so much crap I loved that game and it's the one I remember best.

The original game was alright, but most of the hate is because of the terror that is Bubsy 3D...

My humble collection.

UddlLLt.jpg

Still trying to rebuild my collection of childhood nostalgia games...

Missing Super Mario 64, Mart Kart 64, Banjo-Tooie, Killer Instinct Gold, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Bomberman Heroes, Super Smash Brothers, 1080° Snowboarding,  Goemon's Great Adventure, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Mario Tennis, Mario Party 2, And Turok 1 and 2.

So many to go ;C used to have all of them but my siblings as strung out teenagers sold my entire collection for drug money when I was a kid. Slowly I'm rebuilding my collection. Someday.

I have no idea why I have two copies of Jet Force Gemini. Lol~ anyone want one?

Edit: Lol~ I just noticed my 64th post was about my Nintendo 64 games.

Edited by GarthTheWereWolf
Serendipity
  • Like 1

I barely had any N64 games, much like I barely had any SNES games when I was a kid. My father hated video games and gave me one a year only because my mother forced him to (I guess). The entire left column are games that are not technically mine but they don't want them back, so.

20151028_045550.thumb.jpg.5d027a59a86c48

N64 boxes are so sexy....I wish I didn't throw away cardboard boxes for older games. :(

The only N64 game I have in my collection currently is gold cartridge Majora's Mask. And unfortunately my N64 doesn't have an expansion pack so I can't even play it on it.

Edited by Battlechili

I have some pretty sweet n64 games, but they're all with my sister. I let her have the n64 console since I have a wii that I modded so that I could boot games from a flash drive. All I need is the iso file, so technically I have every game, I just have to download it first :3

The actual physical n64 games I had were Mario 64, majoras mask, yoshi's story, rayman 2, smash 64 (<3) banjo Kazooie and Tooie (which was borrowed and never returned D:) donkey Kong 64, Mario tennis, a rugrats game for some reason, and of course Mario kart 64. Probably a couple others too but darned if I can remember 'em.

Let me try and remember what we have, since I'm too lazy to go check them myself. :v

Games my brother and I had as kids (and still have, of course):
Super Smash Bros.
Cruisin' USA
Yoshi's Story
Banjo-Tooie
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Tennis
Mario Kart 64
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

Stuff we didn't own as kids, but bought more recently:
Hey You, Pikachu!
Megaman 64
Pokemon Snap

I feel like I may be missing one or two. I know we also had borrowed GoldenEye 007 and Super Mario 64 for a long time, but I don't think we ever actually owned the games.

• Like 1

Us nerds didn't do Goldeneye. We did Perfect Dark.

Oh lord I loved Perfect Dark. After a while my friend and I just started messing around big time with the AI opponents. We would attach large amounts of remote mines to each other and detonate them when the other person walked into a large group of people. Nowadays I don't know whether that is funnier or sadder. Did I mention my friend is Arab?

• 3 weeks later...

I missed out on the N64 completely, unfortunately. When I was really young I had some neighbors who had a Super Nintendo, but when we moved of course I couldn't bring my neighbors with me. v.v  Being a huge Pokemon fan as a kid, the biggest bummer was missing out on Stadium for sure.