TrishaCat

43 minutes ago, Amiir said:

That sounds like something you'd hear on a second run. It just sucks so hard that you have to kill Toriel since you can't progress otherwise. I loved that goat mama so much, she was so kind but she didn't give me a choice. That flower only added insult to injury in the aftermath. I don't think I've felt this bad about killing a bunch of pixels in a looooooong time

>you have to kill Toriel

what

no you don't

There's even a bunch of hints before and during the fight that you can beat it without killing her. A monster tells you that you can just use "spare" in some instances to end a fight. And during the fight, every time you spare, the dialogue changes. If you couldn't spare her, the dialogue would eventually repeat itself, as all games do once you've gone through all available dialogue. But in this case, the dialogue doesn't repeat itself. That was a hint.

15 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

But will the Pope actually play it?

2 hours ago, Amiir said:

That sounds like something you'd hear on a second run. It just sucks so hard that you have to kill Toriel since you can't progress otherwise. I loved that goat mama so much, she was so kind but she didn't give me a choice. That flower only added insult to injury in the aftermath. I don't think I've felt this bad about killing a bunch of pixels in a looooooong time

You don't, the game is literally advertised as "the rpg where no one has to die" so why would you play not play it like that? if you want to kill things you can play literally every other rpg. however this is the one where no one has to die, so you should try to figure out how to not kill them. the boss-fights in this games are more puzzles than anything.

also you can technically avoid taking any damage so when "they hit you first" you can just avoid it, ofcourse that does require skill. 

I do agree with your view that the message is a bit forced, it's way too black and white and makes anything less than true pacifist a failure, which kind of made it so the game ended up with no replay-ability for me.

3 hours ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

You don't, the game is literally advertised as "the rpg where no one has to die" so why would you play not play it like that? if you want to kill things you can play literally every other rpg. however this is the one where no one has to die, so you should try to figure out how to not kill them. the boss-fights in this games are more puzzles than anything.

also you can technically avoid taking any damage so when "they hit you first" you can just avoid it, ofcourse that does require skill. 

I do agree with your view that the message is a bit forced, it's way too black and white and makes anything less than true pacifist a failure, which kind of made it so the game ended up with no replay-ability for me.

>not replaying the game and killing everybody

Wow it's like you just want to leave your bro Chara hangin' don't you?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

I finished the game on pacifist during my first run (when i played for the first time, i restarted immediately after killing toriel and finding out i could've spared her) 

I still havent replayed it. I dont want Asriel or any of the characters to go through that pain again :c

lol wat a pussy lmao

11 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Kill.

if this was like a SMT game where there were good reasoning for all the choices maybe, like there are good and bad things to Order, neutral, chaos in the SMT games and motivations for going for the story for any of them. In undertale anything other than true pacifist is a shitty meme for sucking at the game.

4 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

if this was like a SMT game where there were good reasoning for all the choices maybe, like there are good and bad things to Order, neutral, chaos in the SMT games and motivations for going for the story for any of them. In undertale anything other than true pacifist is a shitty meme for sucking at the game.

Only the best have what it takes to kill.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

>beating Sans means you suck at the game

lmao look at this gay pussy

Just now, PastryOfApathy said:

lmao look at this gay pussy

well seeing my comments in my FA gallery you have been doing that a bit X3

also yea beating sans does mean that since getting to sans means you're kind of failing at the game. In a story driven game the story says how badly you are doing at that point.

21 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

well seeing my comments in my FA gallery you have been doing that a bit X3

also yea beating sans does mean that since getting to sans means you're kind of failing at the game. In a story driven game the story says how badly you are doing at that point.

What if I'm just a bad person?

Also for the record I checked your gallery, and I didn't see any pussies. It was mostly just dicks.

SPOILERS

So I went full pacifist, got to Asgore, spared him too... And Flowey fucking killed him. Then the game ended. Wow, I replayed this game for nothing. No offence, but having prior runs have repercussions on the future ones is the most retarded thing ever. I don't see what's the ''brilliance'' on penalizing the player so much. It's as if the game assumed you HAVE to do everything right on the first run, because fuck you if you didn't. Other runs should be a chance to explore opportunities you missed on your first, but here you aren't given the chance apparently. What a waste of time

7 minutes ago, Amiir said:

SPOILERS

So I went full pacifist, got to Asgore, spared him too... And Flowey fucking killed him. Then the game ended. Wow, I replayed this game for nothing. No offence, but having prior runs have repercussions on the future ones is the most retarded thing ever. I don't see what's the ''brilliance'' on penalizing the player so much. It's as if the game assumed you HAVE to do everything right on the first run, because fuck you if you didn't. Other runs should be a chance to explore opportunities you missed on your first, but here you aren't given the chance apparently. What a waste of time

I assure you that your past mistakes were not the reason you didn't get the pacifist ending. I could tell you why, but it'd be spoilers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

I assure you that your past mistakes were not the reason you didn't get the pacifist ending. I could tell you why, but it'd be spoilers. 

R-really? Figures. I mean, the game wouldn't have been praised as much if it had an ending that shit

Perhaps you could give me hints as to how to get the actual pacifist ending and let Asgore live as spoiler free as possible? Of course, if spoilers really really really can't be avoided, just forget I said anything

9 minutes ago, Amiir said:

R-really? Figures. I mean, the game wouldn't have been praised as much if it had an ending that shit

Perhaps you could give me hints as to how to get the actual pacifist ending and let Asgore live as spoiler free as possible? Of course, if spoilers really really really can't be avoided, just forget I said anything

The game should reveal itself to you if you keep playing. I'm almost positive. 

If it doesn't for some reason, I can give another hint. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

To tell you what should've been said. If not that, then the requirements you had to meet to get that thing said. 

I tried to beat Asgore again but I got the same shitty ending

So yes please, go ahead, so long as nothing that comes after Asgore's defeat is revealed

4 minutes ago, Amiir said:

I tried to beat Asgore again but I got the same shitty ending

So yes please, go ahead, so long as nothing that comes after Asgore's defeat is revealed

But you have to do what comes after Asgore's defeat. 

Just now, Falaffel said:

But you have to do what comes after Asgore's defeat. 

But... What is there to do? After he dies there's just a very small corridor with that white spot in the middle and the gate at the end and that's that

Oh, sod it. Go ahead, tell me bro

10 minutes ago, Amiir said:

But... What is there to do? After he dies there's just a very small corridor with that white spot in the middle and the gate at the end and that's that

Oh, sod it. Go ahead, tell me bro

Ok, so, you fought Asgore, he deded, and then you fought flowey. After that, you're allowed to leave. After leaving, you go through the phone call. If you had done everything pacifist and had spared flowey, you should get a message after the phone call. It should specifically tell you what needs to be done. If you're confused by what it says, I can guve hints as to what triggers the event you need. 

I'm at a party though, so excuse slow responses from here on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Falaffel said:

Ok, so, you fought Asgore, he deded, and then you fought flowey. After that, you're allowed to leave. After leaving, you go through the phone call. If you had done everything pacifist and had spared flowey, you should get a message after the phone call. It should specifically tell you what needs to be done. If you're confused by what it says, I can guve hints as to what triggers the event you need. 

I'm at a party though, so excuse slow responses from here on. 

Mmh, I think I see what the problem is: the game remembers I killed Flowey in my prior run, so I'm basically fucked. I'll try it one more time...

And sure. I ain't going nowhere but the party is, so do focus on that if it's to your liking, don't mind me. You can always reply to me later

1 minute ago, Amiir said:

Mmh, I think I see what the problem is: the game remembers I killed Flowey in my prior run, so I'm basically fucked. I'll try it one more time...

And sure. I ain't going nowhere but the party is, so do focus on that if it's to your liking, don't mind me. You can always reply to me later

Well, killing flowey means no message. However, I looked it up! You're not fucked! 

I'll tell you what it should've said in a spoiler incase it still works (and you want to hear it) 

First, though, if you did not befriend Papyrus, you should do that. (that means go on the date with him). That is a requirement and hopefully you can still do it. 

Flowey should pop and ask you why, if you did everything right, did it still end up this way. After, he tells you he might have an idea. He'll say one of two things. 

The first, if you have not made friends with Undyne, he'll tell you to go back to her house. Do that. After that scene, headback to the end. You should get a call at the entrance to the core. 

If you had already befriended Undyne:

he'll say you're missing "someone". just go to the entrance of the core for a phone call.

17 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Well, killing flowey means no message. However, I looked it up! You're not fucked! 

I'll tell you what it should've said in a spoiler incase it still works (and you want to hear it) 

First, though, if you did not befriend Papyrus, you should do that. (that means go on the date with him). That is a requirement and hopefully you can still do it. 

Hide contents

Flowey should pop and ask you why, if you did everything right, did it still end up this way. After, he tells you he might have an idea. He'll say one of two things. 

The first, if you have not made friends with Undyne, he'll tell you to go back to her house. Do that. After that scene, headback to the end. You should get a call at the entrance to the core. 

If you had already befriended Undyne:

Hide contents

he'll say you're missing "someone". just go to the entrance of the core for a phone call.

I'm trying this right now. Let's hope it works...

Update: I tried to befriend Undyne, went to her house but she's not there (got in with the mistery key). Apparently the pacifist run goes to shit if you even press the attack button, which I accidentally remember having done in the heat of battle during the fight with Mettaton, even though I missed on purpose afterwards. 

I'll pick Undertale back up in a couple of months, this is just retarded. I'm currently too pissed off at all the time and effort I've had just flushed down the fucking toilet. Fuck this game and its stupid mechanics

Anyway, thank you so much @Falaffel for your support, I only wish the results were more positive. Eh, maybe next time

2 minutes ago, Amiir said:

Update: I tried to befriend Undyne, went to her house but she's not there (got in with the mistery key). Apparently the pacifist run goes to shit if you even press the attack button, which I accidentally remember having done in the heat of battle during the fight with Mettaton, even though I missed on purpose afterwards. 

I'll pick Undertale back up in a couple of months, this is just retarded. I'm currently too pissed off at all the time and effort I've had just flushed down the fucking toilet. Fuck this game

Anyway, thank you so much @Falaffel for your support, I only wish the results were more positive. Eh, maybe next time

Aye, sorry about that. 

Just be sure to date a skeleton on the next run :v.

12 minutes ago, Amiir said:

I'll pick Undertale back up in a couple of months, this is just retarded. I'm currently too pissed off at all the time and effort I've had just flushed down the fucking toilet. Fuck this game and its stupid mechanics

i think you need to befriend papyrus before undyne, also one attack doesn't ruin the pacifist run, it would be one kill the get it.

Just now, Falaffel said:

Aye, sorry about that. 

Just be sure to date a skeleton on the next run :v.

Yeah this sucks big elephant dicks. And I actually did date him haha, but when I'm near Undyne's house he just calls and is like ''Oh yeah her house's nearby and there's also this and this and this''. Oh well, fuck it

1 minute ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

i think you need to befriend papyrus before undyne, also one attack doesn't ruin the pacifist run, it would be one kill the get it.

I did befriend Papyrus, and the forums I checked seem to say otherwise about the attack ruins pacifist thing. Since all other options are drained this appears to be the only explanation at this point :-/ 

3 hours ago, Amiir said:

I did befriend Papyrus, and the forums I checked seem to say otherwise about the attack ruins pacifist thing. Since all other options are drained this appears to be the only explanation at this point :-/ 

Attacks don't ruin a pacifist run, I promise you. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the true ending. As for befriending Undyne, I think you need to have gone back to Snowden first. I believe Undyne will be there in Snowden with Papyrus right next to her.

I am sorry you are having trouble. Once again, I must reiterate: Attacking something will not ruin a pacifist playthrough of the game. Only killing will. You're very, VERY close to the end. (and also being able to go to an extra area of the game not normally present). Please try going back to Snowden. I believe once you arrive, the far right side of the city will have a couple houses on it and both Papyrus and Undyne will be there. 

9 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Attacks don't ruin a pacifist run, I promise you. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the true ending. As for befriending Undyne, I think you need to have gone back to Snowden first. I believe Undyne will be there in Snowden with Papyrus right next to her.

I am sorry you are having trouble. Once again, I must reiterate: Attacking something will not ruin a pacifist playthrough of the game. Only killing will. You're very, VERY close to the end. (and also being able to go to an extra area of the game not normally present). Please try going back to Snowden. I believe once you arrive, the far right side of the city will have a couple houses on it and both Papyrus and Undyne will be there. 

Thanks man, but, I went there and both Papyrus and Undyne are absent. Guess that past a certain point there is no going back. I give up lol

Next time I'll reset everything before starting a new game. What a waste of time. Regardless, thank you again for the tip