Pignog

I didn't see a dedicated board game thread and that needs to be remedied. Apparently there's some interest in playing Chess and Board Game Online so I'll try to keep a master list going here for people to add and challenge each other.

http://www.chess.com

The layout on chess.com is kind of a mess imo, but there's basically two ways to play against people under the upper left Play tab.

Live Chess will connect you with 1000s of players who are online at that moment and give you a bunch of options for a timed game against people who have similar rankings. It's usually competitive play but if you want an intense game go here. You can watch masters play here too which is pretty cool!

Online Chess is the one we'll be using. It's for play at any time, and you can still set up timed games using it. I usually set a game for 3 day turns and play with a friend whose already online. That way we both play like it's live, but if someone's computer breaks down, or they have to go, or they're in a different time zone, they can log in at any time within 3 days of the last turn and continue the game. You can also link the game to other people if you want spectators.

Like I said, the layout is a confusing mess, but to access your Friends list go Play -> Online Chess and then look on the bottom right where it should list Friends. If you want to play with us, sign up for an account and add us! If you don't know how to play, we can teach you!

Chess Players

• Pignog
  • Hewge
  • Chaosmasterdelta
  • Revates

http://www.boardgame-online.com/

I don't know much about Board Game Online but maybe Hewge can write a post up and I'll put it here.

Board Game Online Peeps

• Hewge
  • Chaosmasterdelta
  • Revates
  • Pignog
Edited by Pignog

Chess, Chinese Checkers, Monopoly, Cranium and Pictionary are my favourites. Countless times have I forced people into playing board games with me!

And if cards against humanity counts, that too. It's a pity it costs so much.

I like Risk, Scattergories, and Scrabble. I have more preference for card games though, like Fluxx and Munchkin, and deckbuilders like Tanto Cuore and Legendary.

I forgot risk! I haven't played it forever. We used to play that game in my grade 5 class and always would beg the teacher to leave it out so we could continue in tomorrow's lunch break.

My brother is really into board games.  A couple of my favourites that we've played are Arkham Horror and Betrayal on the House on the Hill.

And of course I like the classics like Chess, Checkers and Go.  I'd be up for a game of any of those.

Back on FAF we played this thing called Board Game Online. Had a huge thread for it, and people played it pretty much every week. Those were pretty fun times!

I might check that out. Especeily if someone plays with me.

Edit: I thought it was a collection of board games that you can play online but its actually just a online game that is called board game. I might still look at it though.

Edited by Chaosmasterdelta

Since a lot of people like chess, would there be any interest in a casual forum chess group? I could start one on chess.com. Hewge and I are already members. I'll even be a friendly good boy and teach you if you don't know how to play. Or we could all hop on boardgameonline for whacky antics. Or both.

Since a lot of people like chess, would there be any interest in a casual forum chess group? I could start one on chess.com. Hewge and I are already members. I'll even be a friendly good boy and teach you if you don't know how to play. Or we could all hop on boardgameonline for whacky antics. Or both.

'Both' sounds like a fun option. My chess set gathers dust, no one plays anymore what with the xboxes and all.

I'm up for both! But chess.com wont let me make an account it keeps giving me different errors. I just made a Board Game Online username is Revates. Also feel free to add me on steam as well. Same username. I'll try again with making a chess.com account later.

Edited by Revates

I forgot about this thread. Chaos, Hewge, and whoever else wants to join, how about some boardgameonline and/or chess saturday? We can PM each other here or maybe steam if you use it Chaos. My steam ID is pignog.

I can only make it if it's between 12:00 a.m and 7:00 a.m central time (the day doesnt matter). Also I can stream it.

Also It says I have to spend at least $5.00 in the steam store to be able to add friends and I dont have the money/a way of doing that

Also dont know how to add people on board games online or even if you can

Edited by Chaosmasterdelta

Big surge of people all of a sudden. Okay I will add who I can to steam (chaos if i add you it might bypass that $5 rule) whenever it starts working for me again because it's a convenient messenger. I just realised chess.com charges you monthly if you want to have an official group on there, whoops. Instead, I'll just keep a master list in this thread of people's chess.com accounts and we can add each other and arrange games here I guess.

The layout on chess.com is kind of a mess imo, but there's basically two ways to play against people under the upper left Play tab.

Live Chess will connect you with 1000s of players who are online at that moment and give you a bunch of options for a timed game against people who have similar rankings.

Online Chess is the one we'll be using. It's for play at any time, and you can still set up timed games using it. I usually set a game for 3 day turns and play with a friend whose already online. That way we both play like it's live, but if someone's computer breaks down, or they have to go, or they're in a different time zone, they can log in at any time within 3 days of the last turn and continue the game.

Like I said, the layout is a confusing mess, but to access your Friends list go Play -> Online Chess and then look on the bottom right where it should list Friends.

There is are games going on now?

Revates, Chaosmasterdelta, and I have chess games going on against each other right now. I think I have 5 games going simultaneously including randos. If you sign up just add us or let us know and we'll add you and challenge you.

Still have to get some Board Game Online going. I'm signed up, just haven't found a good time to do it with a few people.

Board games are for nerds

WHAT!!!

There's this

http://atwar-game.com/home/

would be cool

That looks neat, I'll have to give it a look.

There is are games going on now?

Revates, Chaosmasterdelta, and I have chess games going on against each other right now. I think I have 5 games going simultaneously including randos. If you sign up just add us or let us know and we'll add you and challenge you.

Still have to get some Board Game Online going. I'm signed up, just haven't found a good time to do it with a few people.

Board games are for nerds

WHAT!!!

There's this

http://atwar-game.com/home/

would be cool

That looks neat, I'll have to give it a look.