Share your Steam sale haul

Azu

It's that time of year again where we are blessed with the wonderful magic that is Steam sales to give us the opportunity to have our wallets sucked dry by the plethora of deals on games that will sit unplayed in our libraries until the end of time. So, post your haul so far!

1. Evil Genius
  2. FlatOut
  3. Race The Sun - Sunrise DLC
  4. FlatOut 2
  5. GRID

My goal is to only use the $8.82 left in my Steam wallet until the end of the sale, but we'll see about that.

Edited by Azurex
  • Like 1

Seriously considering some of the stuff on their software side. They have a couple 3D modelling/Texturing programs that look interesting. Few illustration suites as well, but overall not as many deals as the games section. Hrmm... perhaps it's time to break my gaming dry spell?

Many tempting things, but I'm poor this year so I can't go nuts like I normally do and am sad. Only getting two things:

1. Endless Legend Shadows DLC

2. Dungeon of the Endless Crystal Edition Upgrade

Plz accept my humble offering of $7.12, Lord Valve. ;-;

Edited by Kinare

I'm thinking I should play any of the dozens of games I haven't even started before I buy more, not counting the bundles full of codes that I haven't even redeemed yet...

Or I might still pick up a few random cheap/old games, I can't resist a good sale.

• Like 2

>Final Fantasy XIII is STILL not on sale

why

This is what I want most. The game NEVER goes on sale, and whenever there's a Square Enix Humble Bundle its always Western games. Its never included. What do I have to do to get FF games to go on sale?

Edited by Battlechili

RPG Maker 2000 Value+ 50% off also RPG Maker 2003 is for sale for 75% off. Perfect meaning i can use the license in other rpg maker games. Ironically bought 2003 this year during the degica sale. So all that left is MV which i will wait till much later.

EDIT Scratch that XP and VXAce are also 75% off along with most of the DLC stuff some 80% off.

Edited by RTDragon

I bought Don't Starve and the Reign of Giants DLC. It's a game I've wanted to try for a while, but I hear it's difficult to get into.

There isn't much else that interests me. Dungeon of the Endless looks good, not sure if it'll run on my laptop though. I might buy some friends things off their wishlists, spread the loaf and all that.

why

This is what I want most. The game NEVER goes on sale, and whenever there's a Square Enix Humble Bundle its always Western games. Its never included. What do I have to do to get FF games to go on sale?

Don't worry, the pc port is literal trash.

Don't worry, the pc port is literal trash.

I've looked into all that personally. Its not trash; its just only slightly better than the console version, with weird framerate dips at parts. Which, I don't really consider that a bad port. Only when its worse than the console versions do I start to worry (see DMC 3 on Steam, in which you have to delete sound files from the game to get it to run properly). I own Type 0 HD on Steam already for comparison. It runs fine, but if you looked in the Steam reviews everyone hates it. Which is weird, since its a significant improvement over the original version.

Edited by Battlechili

I bought Don't Starve and the Reign of Giants DLC. It's a game I've wanted to try for a while, but I hear it's difficult to get into.

There isn't much else that interests me. Dungeon of the Endless looks good, not sure if it'll run on my laptop though. I might buy some friends things off their wishlists, spread the loaf and all that.

Don't Starve is amazing. As long as you're not brand new to the survival genre it's not really that hard to get into, it's just a little weird. It can be pretty difficult to stay alive though! Quite unforgiving, to say the least...

If you can run Don't Starve w/o issues, you can most definitely run Dungeon of the Endless. The DS store page doesn't really give a good idea of specs required, but it feels like it uses more of my system than DotE does (I also use quite a few mods though, so that probably changes it up). Even if DS presses your system a bit, DotE should still be fine.

Edited by Kinare

Don't Starve is amazing. As long as you're not brand new to the survival genre it's not really that hard to get into, it's just a little weird. It can be pretty difficult to stay alive though! Quite unforgiving, to say the least...

If you can run Don't Starve w/o issues, you can most definitely run Dungeon of the Endless. The DS store page doesn't really give a good idea of specs required, but it feels like it uses more of my system than DotE does (I also use quite a few mods though, os that probably changes it up). Even if DS presses your system a bit, DotE should still be fine.

I wouldn't say brand new, but it's been a long time! The first survival game I played was Stranded Kids on the Game Boy, and I fell in love the genre. These days I prefer rogue-likes, but it might be fun to explore them again.

One question about DotE, which edition should I buy? Or does it matter?

One question about DotE, which edition should I buy? Or does it matter?

Crystal Edition is not as useful if you don't have Endless Legend as well, and even though I have both I still opted to wait on it, but since they're so damn cheap right now I say spend the extra couple bucks for the added content. You could opt to wait like I did, but it does cost a bit more that way so I kind of regret not doing so, especially since I do have EL.

Don't forget to get the DLCs too while they're so cheap! I just noticed I forgot to get one, so here I go spending another mere $.67~

Crystal Edition is not as useful if you don't have Endless Legend as well, and even though I have both I still opted to wait on it, but since they're so damn cheap right now I say spend the extra couple bucks for the added content. You could opt to wait like I did, but it does cost a bit more that way so I kind of regret not doing so, especially since I do have EL.

Don't forget to get the DLCs too while they're so cheap! I just noticed I forgot to get one, so here I go spending another mere $.67~

Well I bought the lot, now hopefully I actually like it.

On top of that I got the Sunrise DLC for Race The Sun. So relaxing. That's it for me this sale, I'm in a good mood and that usually means disaster for my bank account.

I had no idea there was a sale until i saw this thread, as soon as i found out about it i picked up Lethal League, Nidhogg, Jazzpunk, Psychonauts and the first two Monkey Island games for £12 all together. ^_^ Psychonauts only cost 69 pence, it's an amazingly creative and underrated game that for the price i urge everyone here to pick up, probably a little dated now but any game that sets levels inside the minds of insane people is worth playing. And Lethal League is just stupidly fun, i knew i'd love it as soon as i saw its gameplay. Anyone here play Lethal League or Nidhogg? I'd definitely be up for some games with random furries once i'm not terrible at them.

I had no idea there was a sale until i saw this thread, as soon as i found out about it i picked up Lethal League, Nidhogg, Jazzpunk, Psychonauts and the first two Monkey Island games for £12 all together. ^_^ Psychonauts only cost 69 pence, it's an amazingly creative and underrated game that for the price i urge everyone here to pick up, probably a little dated now but any game that sets levels inside the minds of insane people is worth playing. And Lethal League is just stupidly fun, i knew i'd love it as soon as i saw its gameplay. Anyone here play Lethal League or Nidhogg? I'd definitely be up for some games with random furries once i'm not terrible at them.

I love Nidhogg! Play me sometime. It's good enough by itself but I need someone real to hate.

Well I bought the lot, now hopefully I actually like it.

On top of that I got the Sunrise DLC for Race The Sun. So relaxing. That's it for me this sale, I'm in a good mood and that usually means disaster for my bank account.

Bought the Sunrise DLC as well, based on your recommendation! Definitely needed something like that. I love me some relaxing games

• Like 1

Steam sales aren't a huge deal to me: I usually just buy steam keys from other online retailers because things are stupidly overpriced on steam in AU, and upon closer inspection being 'on sale' often turns out to be a sort of joke they play in which I can still get the game cheaper elsewhere. Today I did get one game though, but just as a gift because it doesn't run on my OS.

why

OH MY SQUARE

https://store.na.square-enix.com/black-friday/all

(I got FFXIII, XIII-2, and III)

Edited by Battlechili
  • Like 1

Alright, I broke down and got some games, trying to stick to a $10 budget.  Being the raging furry that I am, I bought Lugaru and Vox Populi Vox Dei.  Then for nostalgia, I also picked up Chip's Challenge.  Also finally picked up Nidhogg to see what that's all about.

I shall now proceed to wallow in shame of my lack of self control(and play some games).

• Like 1

OMG I remember Chip's Challenge!! I used to play that shit on my friends computer like 10 years ago!

The Steam version is great, it has some nice updates while keeping the original feeling.  BTW, I can probably guess based on avatar, but what's your Steam username? :3

• 5 weeks later...
  • ROOT
  • Insane 2
  • Papers, Please
  • Party Hard
  • Thrillville: Off the Rails
  • Nail'd
  • Dream
  • Car Mechanic Simulator 2015
  • MadOut Open City
  • Inside My Radio
  • Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
  • Split/Second

... Oops

Half of those were gifts though. I feel spoiled :Y

By the way, I want to correct myself here and say that now that I've played them and have them, I don't really care for FFXIII's PC port. The random framerate drops in it are annoying.

Anyways, over the Christmas holidays I got on Steam:

-Portal

-Portal 2

-Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

-Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

-Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness

So two days ago i got quite high and on a whim bought Fallout:NV with all the DLC and the GOTY version of Oblivion with horse armour just because.

Needless to say these games are amazing and i regret nothing, gonna have a lot of fun when i get around to modding them.

The sale isn't over but I'm done.  It was kinda nice to have the luxury to get the games as I wanted rather than checking the flash sales every 8hrs.  I fee like I spent more, even if it was 'less fun' to do the sale.  $79.28 CAD spent on nine games, for an average cost of $8.81 per game. :)