RICH PEOPLE

Brass

9 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Hal Finney, David Chaum, Ralph Merkle, Whitfield Diffie, Martin Hellman, Alfred Menezes, Adam Back, and lesser known Mike Hearn, Kristov Atlas, Gregory Maxwell, and Chris Odom are the cryptographers who are involved in Bitcoin. If you claim you're better than any of them, that's some hubris you got there.

One of the pillars of infosec is not trusting the security of a thing just because some "authority" has worked on it. 

4 hours ago, Brass said:

One of the pillars of infosec is not trusting the security of a thing just because some "authority" has worked on it. 

That was my first point. Appeal to Authority fallacy that 6tails depended on. But since he kept going with it, I brought up some of my own. These people are still working on it. All of them are I suspect way smarter than 6tails (for instance, they actually understand how bitcoin works, and examine things before trying to find actual flaws in it, instead of dismissing it), and having tons of smart people continuously working and improving a thing does give it a higher chance of having bugs found and fixed than not.

6 minutes ago, 6tails said:

And yes, I can buy things IMMEDIATELY with that lump of metal. Again, you failed economics, especially the barter and trade section. Did you forget our economy was based on gold up until the 70s and there are still places that do direct market conversion ON THE SPOT for gold? Hell they exist in fucking grocery stores here in California. I can walk into Maxi Foods and pay for my groceries IN FUCKING GOLD.

You can really still pay directly with gold in some stores today? I guess they weigh the gold and convert it to dollars?

59 minutes ago, Rassah said:

That was my first point. Appeal to Authority fallacy that 6tails depended on. But since he kept going with it, I brought up some of my own. These people are still working on it. All of them are I suspect way smarter than 6tails (for instance, they actually understand how bitcoin works, and examine things before trying to find actual flaws in it, instead of dismissing it), and having tons of smart people continuously working and improving a thing does give it a higher chance of having bugs found and fixed than not.

Neither of you did appeal to authority. It is not a fallacy when the authority is actually a part of that field; however, you both used

• "Ipse dixit,"
  • argumentum ad hominem,
  • argumentum ad populum, and
  • any number of other fallacies that you haven't thought about which makes you pointing out the one seem childish.

So, as has been said before, you two need to either fish and get a room already or cut bait and stop posting.

Also, Shakespeare is relevant in several ways in this thread. This is the one I remember the most:

"For what advancement may I hope from thee

That no revenue hast but thy good spirits,

To feed and clothe thee? Why should the poor be flatter'd?

No, let the candied tongue lick absurd pomp,

And crook the pregnant hinges of the knee

Where thrift may follow fawning..."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Correct! And they even have a metals prices ticker above the counter window, you can use more than just gold as long as they can assay it.

That would cover many different metals then! But I assume they wouldn't accept 1500lbs of scrap steel as a payment LOL.

8 minutes ago, 6tails said:

It will likely never die until Rassah kicks the bucket.

I can't help but think about this, LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPOhFZuFQg

29 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Especially since logical fallacies are fallacies in and of themselves. Thus, as paradoxes, they're fucking stupid and not worth considering. :D

Believing a fallacy makes somebody wrong is a fallacy. A fallacy being a fallacy is not a fallacy.

Saying something is a fallacy when it really is not simply because you disagree with what is being said, though, is childish and truly not worth considering. It really says something about the point a person is making when the delve into that.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2015 at 11:53 PM, Rassah said:

I like how pretty I look :( I used to be a major dork with big hair, big glasses, and stupid clothes. I'm still just catching up.

I gotta be 100% honest here.  You don't look pretty in that photo at all.  Now, you aren't ugly, you are not deformed or disfigured but you aren't pretty either.  You just look like 'some dorky guy' who's showing a little too much forehead and is wearing a suit stolen off a time traveler from the 1980s.  There's is absolutely nothing stand out or remarkable about your appearance that would qualify as anything even approaching 'pretty'.  'Unremarkable' is the word I'd use if anything.

Edited by AshleyAshes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I gotta be 100% honest here.  You don't look pretty in that photo at all.  Now, you aren't ugly, you are not deformed or disfigured but you aren't pretty either.  You just look like 'some dorky guy' who's showing a little too much forehead and is wearing a suit stolen off a time traveler from the 1980s.  There's is absolutely nothing stand out or remarkable about your appearance that would qualify as anything even approaching 'pretty'.  'Unremarkable' is the word I'd use if anything.

This is some absolute bullshit, one of the most malicious and disgusting posts I have seen here. Yeah I rejoined the forums too late to understand everything behind the hate of Rassah, but every thing I read with the name Ashley Ashes tied to it seems to be some sort of disgusting put down like this. Don't you have anything better to do with your life besides trying to embarrass yourself? You seem to treat every topic with the attitude of "I'm going to be right no matter what I say." I can't believe people haven't called you out on your bullshit yet. I understand I am essentially defending a person this forum finds to be a complete piece of shit but, you,Ashley are absolutely toxic, more so than any shit poster here. Because at least we can laugh with the shit posters. You provide no entertaining commentary, you only exude complete bitchiness. I mean come on, was that post really necessary?  I'm posting this at you to give a tick for tac if you actually feel you are any better a presence than that Rassah guy.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Crunchy said:

This is some absolute bullshit, one of the most malicious and disgusting posts I have seen here. Yeah I rejoined the forums too late to understand everything behind the hate of Rassah, but every thing I read with the name Ashley Ashes tied to it seems to be some sort of disgusting put down like this. Don't you have anything better to do with your life besides trying to embarrass yourself? You seem to treat every topic with the attitude of "I'm going to be right no matter what I say." I can't believe people haven't called you out on your bullshit yet. I understand I am essentially defending a person this forum finds to be a complete piece of shit but, you,Ashley are absolutely toxic, more so than any shit poster here. Because at least we can laugh with the shit posters. You provide no entertaining commentary, you only exude complete bitchiness. I mean come on, was that post really necessary?  I'm posting this at you to give a tick for tac if you actually feel you are any better a presence than that Rassah guy.

1450101807987.jpg.304376b1c15a5d0c129d20

1 minute ago, Crunchy said:

[redacted]

Ashley's faggotry runs so deep that Rassah is the only one on this forum that can actually contest her title of " supreme autistic fagchild  ". Naturally she's really defensive of this coveted title-- she's held it for years. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 6tails said:

If I know the answer to the top cryptography mystery on the planet, and your top cryptographers don't, they're obviously not very fucking good cryptographers

Or they're too busy doing actual work and inventing actual things to bother with games? I don't actually know if they do or don't. I never asked. But, while you know the answer to that puzzle and they may not, they are famous, with crypto inventions named after them, and you're not.

God, your logical processes fail. You didn't prove anything, either. You've produced zero numbers.

Numbers? What numbers are you looking for? You've produced zero numbers that bitcoin is worthless and useless or that it's a scam. One number is that it's worth about $460, and is the best performing currency this year.

And yes, I can buy things IMMEDIATELY with that lump of metal.

Uh, yeah, no you can't. Go to your local Starbucks. They won't take it. Try to buy Microsoft points with it by shoving it into your Xbox. Won't work either. No one will trust that that piece of metal is worth $50k. I doubt anyone will even give you a $1 hot dog for it.

Did you forget our economy was based on gold up until the 70s and there are still places that do direct market conversion ON THE SPOT for gold?

What you have is not gold. Gold just by itself was often not trusted, and that's why it was coined. And we do not run on a gold economy any more. No one has the equipment or expertise to accept and verify your gold except gold dealers who won't even pay you a spot price.

Your ignorance is so astounding that I'm quite sure you'll never succeed with Bitcoin.

Yay adhominems! You're so stupid you think I'll never succed with something I have already succeeded with.

You're a charlatan, scammer, and fool who depends on evangelical ideologies and tactics to try to boost your own worth in a pump and dump Ponzi scheme.

Hey, you're the one running a gambling scam. I'm just developing software for a decentralized global ledger. Funny how a database that no one can control is a ponzi or a pump and dump. Or, maybe you just don't know what a ponzi or a pump and dump are.

YOU ARE A WALKING FUCKING SCAM.

God, you SO wish that was true! Don't you? The cognitive dissonance in your head must be killing you! To know that so many well known businesses, banks, and corporations all around the world are spending hundreds of millions on working and developing something you are so convinced is a scam, while the thing you work on IS actually labeled a scam by every site that talks about those things xD

Oh, and that gold nugget can help me protect it on its own. I hit someone with it, they're dead. 7.8 ounces of metal to your brain will crack your shit wide open. Let me see your asscoin be that fucking effective in self defense - oh wait it's intangible shit, it won't even deflect words.

LOL! Someone can just swipe it when you're not looking. Why even give you a chance to defend it? As for my asscoin? You wouldn't even know I have it. All I need to store, transport, and spend it is to remember 12 words. That's it. Easy. Can you smuggle your $50k rock through airport security? Across the border? Out of a hostile nation? Maybe, but it won't be easy. You may have to make it literally your asscoin. All I have to do is keep some words in my head, and no one will know.

Can your turd mound do that? Can it be smuggled anywhere in the world with just a thought?

Since this thread has seemingly devolved into a bitcoin bitchfest, where 6tails pretty much keeps trying to prove his point by repeatedly saying "bitcoin isn't money!" and defending that position by only trying to convince me of how smart he is and how conversely I'm dumb and don't even understand money and economics (even though I have a Bachelor's and Master's degrees in that field, as well as over a decade of related work experience, I'm going to attempt to wrap this thread up by doing something I was threatening to earlier, if 6tails continued to make uninformed stupid claims.

Imagine you have a piece of paper with account names and balances on them, such as

AAA: 5

BBB: 3

I have the exact same paper with the exact same text. I take out another piece of paper, and write

"From account AAA to account BBB send 4"

and sign this message with a cryptographic signature that can only be created by someone who owns account AAA, proving me the owner. I then pass that message to you.

When you receive the message, you check that account AAA has enough money, and the message is signed with a valid signature. If yes, you adjust your balances, where now AAA has 1, and BBB has 7. I do the same on my paper, so they're all on sync.

Suppose I send a message saying send 7 from AAA? You would reject that message, since you can see on your paper that AAA only has 5. Or, suppose I send a message that said from FFF send 4. You see that FFF isn't even on the list, that account doesn't exist, and would reject that message.

This is how bitcoin works, and how it prevents people from sending money they don't have, or creating fake money. Everyone participating in the Bitcoin system has access to that entire list of accounts, and when messages get sent back and forth, everyone independently verifies their own account list, and updates it or rejects changes. This is why, if someone else has account CCC, once they know that AAA received 4, they know that AAA can send them 7 after. Every bitcoin transaction history is known to the coin's creation. Because bitcoin is so simple and straightforward, and everyone verifies everything and everyone independently, there's nothing to actually hack in it.

How does it stay anonymous? Bitcoin accounts (addresses) are derived from a really big random number, and random characters themselves, and are not associated with anyone's real identify. In fact, to make your own bitcoin account, you just have to generate a big random number. That's it. Newer wallets increase your privacy by generating a new account number for every transaction, changing your account number constantly.

What about mining? In order to prevent someone from going back and changing entries on account sheets, which would result in lots of people having lots of different account lists, with different balances, and no consensus, Miners create time locks on these account lists. Basically, they take all the transactions that happened since the last time lock, add them into a bundle, add the current time, and add the signature of the previous time lock, and then sign it all with a new signature, in such a way that if anything in that bundle changes, the cryptographic signature will no longer match (like a large match function that all adds up to a specific number, the signature, and if any inputs in that function are changed, it will no longer add up to that number). This way, every new bundle of transactions is lumped, time stamped, and linked to the previous bundle of transactions (these are called blocks, which are linked in a blockchain). If anyone goes back and tries to change any of the transaction history, the signatures won't match, and everyone will know that particular data has been tampered with. So they will reject that tampering for the original.

It is purposefully extremely difficult to create those time stamped signature, so that no one can easily go back and create their own. Also, for the job of creating these signatures, Miners are allowed to create a new set of coins to pay themselves with. Everyone agrees on that rule, but only allows them to create a certain specified amount. This gives miners an incentive to keep securing bitcoin with time stamps, and provides a method by which to create and distribute new bitcoins.

This system is also structured in a way that it would be much more profitable for the miner to continue to secure the Bitcoin system, than to attack it.

Every bitcoin transaction also requires a fee (of a penny or so). These fees also go to miners when they successfully create a signature future a block of transactions. In the long run, the amount of coins miners earn will decrease, but the sum of fees will increase as more users adopt bitcoin and start using it for payment. The fees also prevent someone from spamming the network with transactions to try to DDOS it, as it would cost them a lot of money in fees to attempt that.

And, that's pretty much it. What bitcoin is and how it works. It's globally distributed, so blocking it in one country won't work, since it will keep working in others. Transactions can't be stopped, since they are literally just short 250 character messages, and even if the internet is shut down in some country, you can still send those messages by phone, radio, or even by meeting with someone and reading it out loud while they write it on a piece of paper. And no one can control it, inflate it, or lie with it, since everyone works completely independently and verifies everyone else. If some bad guy, or corporation, or government tried to create fake bitcoins, or control which transactions can and can't go through, they will just be ignored.

Contrary to 6tail's claim, nothing like bitcoin has ever existed before. We had decentralized distributed servers, but there was never a solutuon on how to build trusted consensus between them. If one server went out of sync or started to lie, there was never a way to be sure that it's lying and not the others. That is why prior to Bitcoin, such systems always had to have a central authority in charge, providing the final word on how things must be. Unfortunately, that only means that this authority had to be trusted, and if anything happened to them, the entire system would go down (Beenz, Flooz, e-Gold, Liberty Reserve).

Bitcoin's chief invention is the blockchain, where everything that happens can be verified and time stamped, and this is done completely independently, without needing to trust anyone.

So, why is bitcoin valuable? It has all the characteristics of money perfectly: DURABILITY (since they're digital they never wear out and can be easily backed up. The only money you can back up), PORTABILITY (being digital means they weigh nothing, are just information, and you can carry them in your head, or over internet and radio waves), ACCEPTABILITY (anyone can verify that bitcoins they receive are real quickly, easily, and automatically, just buy checking the list of accounts), LIMITED SUPPLY (just like there is consensus on who owns what, there is consensus on how many bitcoins will ever be created. That can't be changed, and will always be limited to 21 mil), DIVISIBILITY (bitcoin is divisible to 100,000,000 units, and since it's digital, can be divided further if needed), and FUNGIBILITY (one bitcoin is no different from any other, and they can be combined and divided easily).

No other money has all those characteristics so perfectly.

Bitcoin is also its own asset, meaning it doesn't need to be backed by anything. It has value in and of itself. Just like gold isn't backed by anything and just has value by itself. This has a huge benefit in quick settlement. When you give someone cash or a chunk of gold, that leaves your hand, goes into theirs, and they are immediately the new guaranteed owner of said item. The transaction has been settled. If, on the other hand, you send money from your bank account to someone else, that transaction may show up quickly, but the funds don't actually transfer until much later, when the two banks finish verifying the transaction, and actually transferring the money from one back to another. And you don't actually own the money until it's in your hands. Until then, the bank is holding it for you. This also applies to gold certificates, which are just IOUs until you physically get the gold. So transaction settlement is slow, and often never even final.

When a bitcoin is sent from one account to another, that transaction happens directly, and is final. No one to verify or take time physically transferring anything. And it can do it over the internet with absolute trust. No other asset can do that. This allows for people and banks to settle accounts instantly, and even deal with territories previously considered too risky (like, for example, most of the world, where things like VISA, MasterCard, and PayPal are banned or heavily restricted).

And, the final value comes from it being an open source digital platform, open for anyone to innovate on. This opens up money and finance to possibilities we've never had before. Bitcoin to banks shuffling money around, is kind of like the internet compared to the closed and restricted telephone systems that came before it. Already we have innovations like brainwallets (carrying money in your head by remembering numbers or words), multisignature transactions allowing escrow services where the escrow agent doesn't hold the money, software being able to hold and control it's own money, transactions for fractions if a penny that can be created and sent hundreds of times a second,  etc.

21 minutes ago, Rassah said:

this that and the other thing

Rassah, didn't you have a topic where you were trying to talk yourself up as an Uber/Lyft or some shit kinda driver? You're sure as fuck not going to be rich being a wannabe taxi, let me tell you that much. Where did all this fame and fortune turn up?

Edited by Wrecker
fuck the rest of it, i want answers

7 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Since this thread has seemingly devolved into a bitcoin bitchfest, where 6tails pretty much keeps trying to prove his point by repeatedly saying "bitcoin isn't money!" and defending that position by only trying to convince me of how smart he is and how conversely I'm dumb and don't even understand money and economics (even though I have a Bachelor's and Master's degrees in that field, as well as over a decade of related work experience, I'm going to attempt to wrap this thread up by doing something I was threatening to earlier, if 6tails continued to make uninformed stupid claims.

Imagine you have a piece of paper with account names and balances on them, such as

AAA: 5

BBB: 3

I have the exact same paper with the exact same text. I take out another piece of paper, and write

"From account AAA to account BBB send 4"

and sign this message with a cryptographic signature that can only be created by someone who owns account AAA, proving me the owner. I then pass that message to you.

When you receive the message, you check that account AAA has enough money, and the message is signed with a valid signature. If yes, you adjust your balances, where now AAA has 1, and BBB has 7. I do the same on my paper, so they're all on sync.

Suppose I send a message saying send 7 from AAA? You would reject that message, since you can see on your paper that AAA only has 5. Or, suppose I send a message that said from FFF send 4. You see that FFF isn't even on the list, that account doesn't exist, and would reject that message.

This is how bitcoin works, and how it prevents people from sending money they don't have, or creating fake money. Everyone participating in the Bitcoin system has access to that entire list of accounts, and when messages get sent back and forth, everyone independently verifies their own account list, and updates it or rejects changes. This is why, if someone else has account CCC, once they know that AAA received 4, they know that AAA can send them 7 after. Every bitcoin transaction history is known to the coin's creation. Because bitcoin is so simple and straightforward, and everyone verifies everything and everyone independently, there's nothing to actually hack in it.

How does it stay anonymous? Bitcoin accounts (addresses) are derived from a really big random number, and random characters themselves, and are not associated with anyone's real identify. In fact, to make your own bitcoin account, you just have to generate a big random number. That's it. Newer wallets increase your privacy by generating a new account number for every transaction, changing your account number constantly.

What about mining? In order to prevent someone from going back and changing entries on account sheets, which would result in lots of people having lots of different account lists, with different balances, and no consensus, Miners create time locks on these account lists. Basically, they take all the transactions that happened since the last time lock, add them into a bundle, add the current time, and add the signature of the previous time lock, and then sign it all with a new signature, in such a way that if anything in that bundle changes, the cryptographic signature will no longer match (like a large match function that all adds up to a specific number, the signature, and if any inputs in that function are changed, it will no longer add up to that number). This way, every new bundle of transactions is lumped, time stamped, and linked to the previous bundle of transactions (these are called blocks, which are linked in a blockchain). If anyone goes back and tries to change any of the transaction history, the signatures won't match, and everyone will know that particular data has been tampered with. So they will reject that tampering for the original.

It is purposefully extremely difficult to create those time stamped signature, so that no one can easily go back and create their own. Also, for the job of creating these signatures, Miners are allowed to create a new set of coins to pay themselves with. Everyone agrees on that rule, but only allows them to create a certain specified amount. This gives miners an incentive to keep securing bitcoin with time stamps, and provides a method by which to create and distribute new bitcoins.

This system is also structured in a way that it would be much more profitable for the miner to continue to secure the Bitcoin system, than to attack it.

Every bitcoin transaction also requires a fee (of a penny or so). These fees also go to miners when they successfully create a signature future a block of transactions. In the long run, the amount of coins miners earn will decrease, but the sum of fees will increase as more users adopt bitcoin and start using it for payment. The fees also prevent someone from spamming the network with transactions to try to DDOS it, as it would cost them a lot of money in fees to attempt that.

And, that's pretty much it. What bitcoin is and how it works. It's globally distributed, so blocking it in one country won't work, since it will keep working in others. Transactions can't be stopped, since they are literally just short 250 character messages, and even if the internet is shut down in some country, you can still send those messages by phone, radio, or even by meeting with someone and reading it out loud while they write it on a piece of paper. And no one can control it, inflate it, or lie with it, since everyone works completely independently and verifies everyone else. If some bad guy, or corporation, or government tried to create fake bitcoins, or control which transactions can and can't go through, they will just be ignored.

Contrary to 6tail's claim, nothing like bitcoin has ever existed before. We had decentralized distributed servers, but there was never a solutuon on how to build trusted consensus between them. If one server went out of sync or started to lie, there was never a way to be sure that it's lying and not the others. That is why prior to Bitcoin, such systems always had to have a central authority in charge, providing the final word on how things must be. Unfortunately, that only means that this authority had to be trusted, and if anything happened to them, the entire system would go down (Beenz, Flooz, e-Gold, Liberty Reserve).

Bitcoin's chief invention is the blockchain, where everything that happens can be verified and time stamped, and this is done completely independently, without needing to trust anyone.

So, why is bitcoin valuable? It has all the characteristics of money perfectly: DURABILITY (since they're digital they never wear out and can be easily backed up. The only money you can back up), PORTABILITY (being digital means they weigh nothing, are just information, and you can carry them in your head, or over internet and radio waves), ACCEPTABILITY (anyone can verify that bitcoins they receive are real quickly, easily, and automatically, just buy checking the list of accounts), LIMITED SUPPLY (just like there is consensus on who owns what, there is consensus on how many bitcoins will ever be created. That can't be changed, and will always be limited to 21 mil), DIVISIBILITY (bitcoin is divisible to 100,000,000 units, and since it's digital, can be divided further if needed), and FUNGIBILITY (one bitcoin is no different from any other, and they can be combined and divided easily).

No other money has all those characteristics so perfectly.

Bitcoin is also its own asset, meaning it doesn't need to be backed by anything. It has value in and of itself. Just like gold isn't backed by anything and just has value by itself. This has a huge benefit in quick settlement. When you give someone cash or a chunk of gold, that leaves your hand, goes into theirs, and they are immediately the new guaranteed owner of said item. The transaction has been settled. If, on the other hand, you send money from your bank account to someone else, that transaction may show up quickly, but the funds don't actually transfer until much later, when the two banks finish verifying the transaction, and actually transferring the money from one back to another. And you don't actually own the money until it's in your hands. Until then, the bank is holding it for you. This also applies to gold certificates, which are just IOUs until you physically get the gold. So transaction settlement is slow, and often never even final.

When a bitcoin is sent from one account to another, that transaction happens directly, and is final. No one to verify or take time physically transferring anything. And it can do it over the internet with absolute trust. No other asset can do that. This allows for people and banks to settle accounts instantly, and even deal with territories previously considered too risky (like, for example, most of the world, where things like VISA, MasterCard, and PayPal are banned or heavily restricted).

And, the final value comes from it being an open source digital platform, open for anyone to innovate on. This opens up money and finance to possibilities we've never had before. Bitcoin to banks shuffling money around, is kind of like the internet compared to the closed and restricted telephone systems that came before it. Already we have innovations like brainwallets (carrying money in your head by remembering numbers or words), multisignature transactions allowing escrow services where the escrow agent doesn't hold the money, software being able to hold and control it's own money, transactions for fractions if a penny that can be created and sent hundreds of times a second,  etc.

tumblr_inline_nw4g8e58MO1r6plq2_540.png

• Like 4

The wall of text responses keep growing!

I have to agree that homeboy does not look "pretty." 

He looks totally average. 

Also yes he did admit to sleeping in his car and driving for uber which are both strange behaviours for a "wealthy" person. 

He drives a Prius which is also a totally average car. 

In effect he seems to be an average person. Certainly not Donald Trump. 

9 hours ago, Wrecker said:

Rassah, didn't you have a topic where you were trying to talk yourself up as an Uber/Lyft or some shit kinda driver? You're sure as fuck not going to be rich being a wannabe taxi, let me tell you that much. Where did all this fame and fortune turn up?

I wasn't trying to talk myself up, I was doing an FAQ/AMA of sorts on what's it like to drive for those. Such as when to drive, what you can expected to earn, issues to watch out for, etc. In case anyone wants to make any extra money, such as for holiday gifts, or cause a lot of people here post about struggling with money.

I'm already rich (this callout topic was about me), but I decided to do that so I don't have to spend my own (currently rapidly growing) investments on an expensive personal hobby, which is getting a $7,500 dollar private pilot licence. Once I'm done paying for a pilot license, I have no reason to keep driving.

Edited by Rassah

37 minutes ago, Pignog said:

capitalism is a disease and socialism is the cure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE5fOJfKRNk

Funny thing about the capitalist system: not only is it systematically setup to benefit the few at the suffering of others, it is the only system in place where the dollar can depreciate and become virtually worthless overnight. But funny how that takes longer so long as the lower classes keep faith in it.

Fuck capitalism.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Funny thing about the capitalist system: not only is it systematically setup to benefit the few at the suffering of others, it is the only system in place where the dollar can depreciate and become virtually worthless overnight. But funny how that takes longer so long as the lower classes keep faith in it.

Fuck capitalism.  

You can always tell the broke people by how communist they are. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FlynnCoyote said:

It feels like this thread has run its course. Let's all have a day off, and start fresh with a new one on Tuesday yea?

Nope. Still going.

...and wow, resorting to insults of looks, where'd that come from?

:C Rassah looks fine, no need to resort to putdowns based on adversary bias or whatever the word for it is

Can we put this thread out of its misery?

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

...and wow, resorting to insults of looks

Would someone mind informing me as to when saying that someone's appearance was 'unremarkable' was a grave insult?  I just want to know if there was a fixed date where that happened.  MOST people look unremarkable, that's what makes them so unremarkable.

32 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Nope. Still going.

...and wow, resorting to insults of looks, where'd that come from?

:C Rassah looks fine, no need to resort to putdowns based on adversary bias or whatever the word for it is

He said fine. Not "pretty." 

Does fine mean average? Or something else? 

11 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Would someone mind informing me as to when saying that someone's appearance was 'unremarkable' was a grave insult?  I just want to know if there was a fixed date where that happened.  MOST people look unremarkable, that's what makes them so unremarkable.

At best, the statement is completely pointless and unnecessary. Given the context of this thread, however, I don't see how it can be read as anything other than taking a shot at Rassah's appearance. What is even the point? After however many similar pages of however many threads, I'm sure everyone involved has already made up their mind one way or another about Rassah. So all you're accomplishing is further revisions to other users' opinions of you yourself -- and going after someone's personal appearance on a furry forum is a pretty terrible direction to take that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Onnes said:

At best, the statement is completely pointless and unnecessary. Given the context of this thread, however, I don't see how it can be read as anything other than taking a shot at Rassah's appearance. What is even the point? After however many similar pages of however many threads, I'm sure everyone involved has already made up their mind one way or another about Rassah. So all you're accomplishing is further revisions to other users' opinions of you yourself -- and going after someone's personal appearance on a furry forum is a pretty terrible direction to take that.

Yeah but there is a "horrible fursuits" thread. That's also looks based and hurtful to the people who made and wear the fursuits. 

5 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Don't forget how you can tell weather people are good or not by how much money they have!  All bad people are poor, it's how the world works!

fucked up but true!!

1 hour ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Nope. Still going.

No never, this thread is holding up the forum now, it's too big to fail

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Fuck capitalism.  

Capitalism can't be systematically set up, it's just mutually beneficial trade of private property. It just is. Things that get systematically set up are regulations and regulatory agencies, which the big corps end up using to cement their positions of power, and do that whole benefiting at the expense of other's suffering thing. It all starts when socialists decide they want to control capitalism to protect themselves from the evil corporations. And if you keep pushing for more socialism, you always end up with those abusive megacorps and government becoming one and the same, while still making everyone suffer. Always.

Same for the dollars. Government agency screwing everyone up for the benefit of big bankers.

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Maybe I should ask Rassah for a loan? He seems good for it.

4 hours ago, Sir Gibby said:

rassah pls invest in me

I just lent $12k for a business loan, but I sat down with them, went over their idea in detail, made sure they will be able to make money, and am keeping a close eye on how things are going. In return for taking a risk on them, I expect the loan paid back with 6% interest in a year if they fail, and if they succeed, I expect 3x return on my investment.

Another older business I loaned $90k to, but unfortunately it was badly mismanaged and lost the money. So to save it, earn my own money back, and get my friend's money back too, I took over by force and placed myself as a CFO, took 100% control of all the money, and invested $12k more to get it going again. Me taking over was the condition for giving any more money. So far it's going OK *fingers crossed*

If you have a money making idea and are OK with that kind of stuff, talk to me. But of course you're not serious :P

8 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Fuck capitalism.  

For now this system still sorta works because it relies on the workforce to properly function. But artificial intelligence has been making tremendous progress over the last years. And the predictions sound rather scary. 1/3 of jobs gone in 10 years, half of them in 20, etc. If given the choice, companies won't even think about it a split-second. A robot is cheaper, they'll kick out the employee right away!

This can't end well. We're about to open a Pandora box with AI.

• Zeke locked this topic