rant/vent: My dog is dead

Draconas

I wake up to hear the news that our dog rex, who's been missing since roughly thursday, was killed friday by a car.

Here's why I am pissed, someone in our house LET him out at 5-6AM because he woke someone up, he's now fucking dead, he's gone, and everyone's surprised that im throwing shit that I own around my room to vent, they should be lucky that im not throwing shit at them, or taking it out on them, when it's damn full well it's someone's fault IN THIS HOUSE, that he's dead.

Ive had a shit child hood with a mother who snooped into everything I did and tried to stop it, an idiot father, one sister who helped my mother, and another who got knocked up and we had to adopt her children because she wouldn't stop with the abusive boyfriend, along with all of my personal shit that I had going on, rex was there when I had really no one to go to for comfort, and trust me when I say that I needed him a lot.

there's fuck all in this house that I really care for right now, this family sucks ass for reasons im not going to state, they really wanted to take me out for breakfast today "to talk about it", no I'd rather not go out in public when I can have the tiniest thing trigger another episode of me throwing shit and crying, I have ONE coping mechanism and it's this fucking computer I sit in front of every fucking day, all fucking day.

Goodbye rex, the only living thing in this family that I could go to when I feel like shit, only this time, the time I really need you, you're unfairly taken from me.

IMG_20150304_163644.jpg

• Like 4

got something to eat and felt a little better, father has the gall to ask if I want to pick up his body from the animal place, if being told that he was killed made me start breaking shit, I have zero idea what looking at or even handling the body would make me do.

was also told that the person who witnessed it jumped out and covered him with a towel or something and stayed with him until he went, also made me feel a bit better

Depending ofc on the place where you live, who the fuck lets dogs out unsupervised like that? It sounds like you live in a city so it seems absolutely moronic to just toss him out because they couldn't sleep a little while longer.

Glad to hear the witness was with the dog till the end, Rex didn't die all alone.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear about that Drac :(

Had an idiot family member let my cat out of the house a few months ago and I spent like three hours looking for him, fearing the worst. Thank god he came back in one piece (and hungry as fuck), but holy shit was I enraged. Fucking stupid stupid stupid people.

My thoughts are with ya man.

10 hours ago, Muugu said:

Depending ofc on the place where you live, who the fuck lets dogs out unsupervised like that? It sounds like you live in a city so it seems absolutely moronic to just toss him out because they couldn't sleep a little while longer.

Letting dogs roam freely outside unsupervised is careless regardless of where you live.

Sorry about your dog, man.

2 minutes ago, Newt said:

Letting dogs roam freely outside unsupervised is careless regardless of where you live.

I beg to differ. I've seen dogs roam freely on farmsteads and other countryside areas where there are no neighbors close by. No harm in that in any way I look at it.

I'm deeply saddened to learn that your dog's life was lost because of the careless, thoughtless actions of one of your family. For reasons different than your own my first cat was very important to me. Ultimately, though, he was precious to me in all of the ways Rex was precious to you: he was my friend, a source of reassurance as well as a giver of support and comfort. To have that taken away due to the negligence of another, I cannot imagine how hurt and betrayed you feel. 

I'm very, very sorry.

1 minute ago, Muugu said:

I beg to differ. I've seen dogs roam freely on farmsteads and other countryside areas where there are no neighbors close by. No harm in that in any way I look at it.

Wildlife can potentially be a problem. Skunks, rabid animals, large predators, snakes, porcupines, etc. Dogs like getting into shit they shouldn't.

43 minutes ago, Newt said:

Wildlife can potentially be a problem. Skunks, rabid animals, large predators, snakes, porcupines, etc. Dogs like getting into shit they shouldn't.

Many people, especially in rural areas, have dogs specifically to deal with these problems. It is not difficult to train a dog to behave relatively well when unsupervised, and is actually how most dogs were kept for a large amount of time; those that were not were either in the possession of the rich or chained permanently.

Today, though, all problems are not in the wilderness - dogs are better at that than you expect; the problems are heavily in suburbia and urban modernity. "Dog-nappers" and machinery are two things dogs do not deal well with. There are ways to deal with this, but apparently they are not always present.

My condolences to Draconas for that fact. It hurts to think about that happening to my dog or to anybody else.

• Like 2

Poor puppy. That's just awful. 

When my sister lived with us, she'd let my idiot dog outside (when he was a teen) cause she didn't understand/care that he was at his rebel phase and would take off. Had to chase him down several times. Wish people wouldn't let dogs out like that. :/

I wonder if the person will fess up or at least feel guilty about what they did.