The Animu Thread

Calemeyr

On 7/9/2016 at 0:13 AM, PastryOfApathy said:

I sometimes forget that Part 5 even had a main villain that wasn't just bad english translations and even worse fashion choices.

Spice Girl is cool doe. We need more stands whose main ability is motivational speaking.

i personally enjoy all the ridiculous fashion of all of jojo's

6 episodes through IRON BLOODED.

Mikazuki is really over-powered, and the characters keep coming up with out of the nowhere ways to get out of difficult situations. Still, I'm having fun and the characters themselves seem to be really good. A lot of time on this show is spent just focusing on the characters, showing their relationships with each other. It makes them much more likable, I think.

So i'm nearly done with Log Horizon, It has been a pretty good show. The game they're all in actually feels like an MMO that would exist. I also like how most of the action isn't combat oriented, which would prolly turn some people away from it. 

The only thing is dislike is how little they use Naynta and how little screen time he gets. In the first season he is literally the second most important character yet gets so little screen time, even when he gets his own episode it's only his for half the length. I also sighed when the main character was talking with the romantic ninja love interest girl and said "I couldn't have gotten this far without you" except he totally could have. 

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-22/adult-swim-toonami-to-air-jojo-bizarre-adventure-anime-starting-in-october/.104586

Guess what's airing on national television in October!

On 7/21/2016 at 6:05 PM, Imperial Impact said:

inb4 3.0+1.0 2020 release date. Followed by two more years of waiting before Funimation brings it to the West.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Battlechili said:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-22/adult-swim-toonami-to-air-jojo-bizarre-adventure-anime-starting-in-october/.104586

Guess what's airing on national television in October!

inb4 3.0+1.0 2020 release date. Followed by two more years of waiting before Funimation brings it to the West.

o snap, i don't really watch tv anymore but it's awesome jojo's is being shown.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started watching Danganronpa 3: Future Arc and Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc. Future Arc is fantastic and everything I love about the games in anime form! Despair Arc....It fills me with despair. All the character development from DR2 is lost in it due to it being a prequel. Its so boring and the characters are annoying.

Hi Battlechili

BC.png

Th-that's not me...Really! I would never post about the perfection that are TTGL and New Getter Robo....

tumblr_inline_o2ch3snzud1t2nn1o_500.gif

10 hours ago, 6tails said:

The last Persona 3 movie has been subbed. Now I can binge watch the entire thing in one go!

Yessss! I honestly didn't think it'd be out & subbed already, such a super surprise. I've watched the previous ones but I think a binge watch is in order for this special occasion. :3

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh, fuck them.

I don't relaly care and it just means more stuff i can watch on Crunchyroll which i'm happy with.

3 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

:^)

that 4 & 5th place reference. I haven't gotten around to watching that anime but I prolly should at some point.

1 hour ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

I don't relaly care and it just means more stuff i can watch on Crunchyroll which i'm happy with.

I just hate that they don't change up the VA's + the time they tried to use kickstarter for funds to re-dub Escaflowne. (The very same people who own Dragon ball series wanting money.)

1 hour ago, Battlechili said:

:^)

ANN being ANN is far more offensive than that.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

Berserk is now a meme show.

Some friends recommended this show (And Steins Gate) long time ago and I've been looking to watch it. Is it any good? 

By the way, I don't watch much anime so my standards might be a bit... High

10 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

Some friends recommended this show (And Steins Gate) long time ago and I've been looking to watch it. Is it any good? 

Berserk is like Devilman, Where both mangas are really good & popular, They just don't have a good anime adaptation.

On 9/27/2016 at 3:28 AM, Snagged Cub said:

it's a very non stereotypical anime that makes it easier for westerners to watch,  it helps that it's also has a medieval European like setting.  the original 1997 adaptation is the prologue of the manga but works pretty well as a standalone  series.

there are a few key details missing in the anime that are in the manga that helps you understand some of the smaller details and scenes. but i guess there's a limit to how much rape you can fit into an anime

• Like 1

On 10/3/2016 at 6:29 PM, AlastairSnowpaw said:

So um what's coming out this season, I haven't even checked that and not sure what to watch. Obviously I'm watching the rest of Jojo's part 4 because it's about to get amazing. I watched the frist episode of Izzetta the last witch and it seemed pretty decent, but i have no idea what's coming out.

Here's a link to everything airing this fall

Drifters is probably a safe bet since its by the guy who did Hellsing. Occultic;Nine is from the creator of Steins;Gate, so its probably a safe bet too.

And I can personally confirm that Show By Rock is decent, so a new season of that is safe. Plus its full of furries.

Mahou Shoujou Ikusei Keikaku looks like its going to try and be a Madoka Magica lookalike based on the description.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imperial Impact said:

WHY?

I like English dubs, enjoy live blogging about TV shows at they air at the same time as everyone else, like supporting anime on television, and love the theme of a cool robot in space voiced by Steve Blum hosting the channel and saying cool stuff during commercial breaks. Toonami is stylish.

toom 5.png

Plus it gives me an excuse to watch things I haven't gotten around to

2 hours ago, Battlechili said:

I like English dubs, enjoy live blogging about TV shows at they air at the same time as everyone else, like supporting anime on television, and love the theme of a cool robot in space voiced by Steve Blum hosting the channel and saying cool stuff during commercial breaks. Toonami is stylish.

toom 5.png

Plus it gives me an excuse to watch things I haven't gotten around to

Cu6DIf-XEAEV3QK.jpg

Cu6DKeHXgAAQs-w.jpg

Shitnami.png

• 3 weeks later...