Chicago Teen pours boiling water on cat, posts video on Facebook

KryptoKroenen

So, some dirty Chicago teen was being "bothered" by a neighborhood cat, and thought it would be cute to pour boiling water all over it, and then post the video to Facebook. Needless to say, he was immediately arrested. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/06/police-accuse-chicago-teen-of-pouring-boiling-water-on-cat-posting-video-on-facebook/

A video posted on Facebook showing a person throwing scalding water on a cat went viral earlier this week. It triggered worldwide outrage. Now it has led to the arrest of a Chicago teenager.

Leon Teague, 18, was charged with a felony count of animal torture and a misdemeanor count of depicting animal cruelty, according to the Chicago Police Department. Teague posted video to Facebook on Tuesday night showing him luring a cat onto his porch and throwing boiling water at it, police said in a statement.

“The cat … ran from one end of the porch to the other screaming in pain,” the police report reads, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

At a Friday bail hearing, a state attorney said that Teague told police who visited him at his house that he knew they were there because of the video.

“If you think I did it, lock me up. S—,” he reportedly said, according to the Sun-Times. “I know the system. If I admit to this, I’m going to jail. Glock Boy MurDoc is my Facebook name and people come in and out of my apartment all the time.”

He sounds SO remorseful, doesn't he? I could say a lot of things about this degenerate, but I think the video itself should be enough to spark the same outrage here as it has everywhere else on the internet. WARNING: SOMEWHAT GRAPHIC

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4eb_1454570466

Edited by KryptoKroenen

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

'Dindu'?  Really?  Because this forum can't avoid straight up racist thread titles when posting?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dindu

It's an accurate term for the situation at hand, but since you're so spineless and care more about offending a criminal than supporting a helpless, scalded kitty, I'll change it.

Edited by KryptoKroenen

24 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I can't visit that link because the UK has blocked it, but how is abbreviating 'didn't do' remotely racist? 

Welcome to the world of the Leftist. Everything's racist, everything's sexist...whine whine whine...

Also if you want to watch things that are blocked in certain countries get a VPN extension for your browser, like ZenMate.

Edited by KryptoKroenen

Dafuq is wrong with people?

Asshole...is he so stupid to realize if you did the same to a human its legitimately painful and harmful and not something you should do to a living creature? There's got to be something wrong in your development to not know this

That poor cat really trusted humans and is probably more conditioned to be wary and frightened now. 

Reminds me of my uncle's cat who would always place his paw in a bowl of water first before drinking to test the temperature.

This guy isnt even fucking sorry. He's just trash . Im glad the evidence proves he should be arrested, contrary to his claims.

22 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I can't visit that link because the UK has blocked it, but how is abbreviating 'didn't do' remotely racist? 

'Dindu' is a slang contraction typically used by ebonics and its considered 'racist' particularly because it's a hot button word related to politics and freeing the victim of any guilt that had lead to their death/arrest, typically used by the other side to dictate how stupid and ghetto these people sound in trying to defend criminals who are demonizing the police.

So yeah, thats what makes it racist

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

2 minutes ago, KryptoKroenen said:

Oh look here's another: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=070_1413082619

Let's play "Spot the Difference" with these two videos.

Vids like this have always existed. People are needlessly cruel. Why are you bringing them to the attention of a forum of people who love animals? 

2 minutes ago, MissFleece said:

Vids like this have always existed. People are needlessly cruel. Why are you bringing them to the attention of a forum of people who love animals? 

Because the world doesn't just consist of nice things? Because he is an asshole?

Both very feasible options over here.

11 minutes ago, MissFleece said:

So that we can gape in horror how evil man can be

Just now, Snagged Cub said:

So that we can gape in horror how evil man can be

the thing is it's not new. This isn't the first vid of someone abusing animals that has gone viral. What I'm asking is why post that shit here, where it's bound to upset a lot of people. Everyone already knows how awful humans can be. We know this happens already. I'm sure most of us have seen multiple videos depicting worse things, and those people who haven't are lucky. 

Why try to spread the video? Why link it at all? You can have a valid discussion on the topic without linking the video itself, or other videos relevant to it. 

I, personally, don't want to see that shit. 

Y'all might be cynical assholes who want to wallow in how evil humanity is, but that shit isn't for me. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Dafuq is wrong with people?

Asshole...is he so stupid to realize if you did the same to a human its legitimately painful and harmful and not something you should do to a living creature? There's got to be something wrong in your development to not know this

That poor cat really trusted humans and is probably more conditioned to be wary and frightened now. 

Reminds me of my uncle's cat who would always place his paw in a bowl of water first before drinking to test the temperature.

One of our cats does that- or, used to. But we reckon that's because for the earliest part of his life he was a stray and was living under a hedge, so he had to manage water for himself. Dunno, I never associated that with distrust.

2 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

One of our cats does that- or, used to. But we reckon that's because for the earliest part of his life he was a stray and was living under a hedge, so he had to manage water for himself. Dunno, I never associated that with distrust.

The cat was abused and was given boiling water to drink himself and has since been more wary of temperature

EDIT: Since Fleece clarified back, that she didn't mean that, the point is moot.

25 minutes ago, MissFleece said:

like srs. 

So you want this to be a safe space without mean videos, but at the same time going "Lucky the cops got to him first." vigilante edgy?

Edited by Toboe

6 minutes ago, Toboe said:

So you want this to be a safe space without mean videos, but at the same time going "Lucky the cops got to him first." vigilante edgy?

i don't see whats edgy about being glad the cops caught the offender

its not like they shot his kneecaps off and then hung him

also grabbing shit off peoples' twitter out of the blue is mildly weird

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Toboe said:

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Like srs like you're in agreement? Or like you're appalled at what I said? 

I'm glad the cops arrested him. That's what I meant guys. 

12 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

How does being happy the cops got to a guy who tortured a cat, count as "vigilante edgy"??

'Lucky the cops got to him first. '

Do you interpret that as "'I'm glad the cops caught him" Or as "He is lucky that the cops got him before [insert vigilante fantasy about violence against the scumbag]" ?

"got to him first."  Would have made sense had he failed to harm the cat "Good that the cops got him before he actually could do anything". He already did, that interpretation doesn't make sense.

So:

"Glad the cops got him" or "He's lucky the cops got to him first." remain.

EDIT: Mkay, with the clarification from the sheep, i'll take the calling her out back.

Edited by Toboe

9 minutes ago, Toboe said:

Do you interpret that as "'I'm glad the cops caught him" Or as "He is lucky that the cops got him before [insert vigilante fantasy about violence against the scumbag]" ?

"got to him first."  Would have made sense had he failed to harm the cat "Good that the cops got him before he actually could do anything". He already did, that interpretation doesn't make sense.

So:

Got to him first, as in first before he did anything else? It's not too hard to fill in the gaps. Why so antagonistic?

You're just projecting

Edited by Sir Gibby

3 minutes ago, Toboe said:

So:

EDIT: Mkay, with the clarification from the sheep, i'll take the calling her out back.

incredulous.gif

Think you were putting a biiiit too much thought into that..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

i don't see whats edgy about being glad the cops caught the offender

its not like they shot his kneecaps off and then hung him

That may be what she meant, but not what she said.

15 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

also grabbing shit off peoples' twitter out of the blue is mildly weird

Meh, if they post said account in their profile info it's fair game.  And it just fit.

4 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

incredulous.gif

Think you were putting a biiiit too much thought into that..

Took the obvious interpretation and explained it when questioned. Sure, don't need to waste to on that...

@Mr. Fox

Wanna weight in on what you meant with your post that Fleece (possibly erroneous) agreed to?

52 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Nah. I'll leave that up for you to interpret.

Hidden Content

Lemme get the boiling water :P

Edit: Since i got a like from someone that seems to support "eye for an eye" stuff: That is about Mr.Fox getting water'd, not the scumbag.

Edited by Toboe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Lucky the cops got to him first. 

Hey, where's all the cop hate from the other thread?

I thought the police were bad?

Now people are actually glad the police showed up and arrested the guy?

What a strange place this forum is. 

I bet if the police shot the cat boiler there would be no protesting.

He isn't a tranny and he hurt an animal.

If the police shot him he would be "getting what he deserved."

Right? 

Edited by #00Buck

I still find an eye for an eye an apt punishment. Or at least an eye for a leg.

I dont understand why we fear action in punishing those who use cruel action as a way to make someone learn the power of their own actions by showing them how it feels. If humans are naturally selfish theyre going to have to project what feels bad for them and not do it on others, and vice versa what feels good to them and spread that to others (or learn that not everyone has the same like/dislikes and act accordingly)

Can vigilante anger lead to violent and unnessecary reactions? Well yeah. But I do not see anything wrong with wanting action upon someone who did wrong. 

6 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Right? 

Fuck off

3 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Right? 

Situational difference.

The actions from the other person was one of a suicidal/mentally disabled civilian and they were specifically called to help, I dont blame the cops for what they did but they should have been prepared to handle that differently.

This one is of a person who with no instability willfully commited a harmful criminal action. The cops arresting (and heck, not even killing) him was a justified action.

Although I imagine many would praise them for having killed a man who harmed a cat. That would be an example of edgy vigilante...

9 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Situational difference.

The actions from the other person was one of a suicidal/mentally disabled civilian and they were specifically called to help, I dont blame the cops for what they did but they should have been prepared to handle that differently.

This one is of a person who with no instability willfully commited a harmful criminal action. The cops arresting (and heck, not even killing) him was a justified action.

Although I imagine many would praise them for having killed a man who harmed a cat. That would be an example of edgy vigilante...

In the two seconds it takes for someone to rush at you and try to stab you how are you supposed to tell they are suicidal and mentally ill? 

I don't know any psychiatrist who can give a diagnosis that fast in an office setting. Do you?

How do you know the cat boiler isn't suicidal and mentally unstable? 

Where did you get your diagnosis from? 

Oh wait. You can't tell at all. You're just jumping to conclusions and guessing. 

11 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

In the two seconds it takes for someone to rush at you and try to stab you how are you supposed to tell they are suicidal and mentally ill? 

I don't know any psychiatrist who can give a diagnosis that fast in an office setting. Do you?

How do you know the cat boiler isn't suicidal and mentally unstable? 

Where did you get your diagnosis from? 

Oh wait. You can't tell at all. You're just jumping to conclusions and guessing. 

Um no...they called the police specifically because he was suicidal and they were worried for him. Duh.

The cat boiler, if there were some history of instability, has been arrested and is therefore receiving what treatment he needs, evaluation and punishment.

This story doesnt strike me as someone unstable (unless we can dig records that prove otherwise), just someone being a dick

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

2 hours ago, 6tails said:

While I do understand why you'd rather not have the video posted, Fleece, Some people require the visual aid for one reason or another.

Just as easy to not click the link to the video and keep the discussion going without mentioning the video.

Yeah I calmed down a lot and realize I did a dumb. Animal abuse sets me off pretty bad. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Um no...they called the police specifically because he was suicidal and they were worried for him. Duh.

The cat boiler, if there were some history of instability, has been arrested and is therefore receiving what treatment he needs, evaluation and punishment.

This story doesnt strike me as someone unstable (unless we can dig records that prove otherwise), just someone being a dick

They obviously failed to mention the part about trying to stab people to death. Duh! 

Boiling cats is normal to you? Seems crazy to me. 

48 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Right? 

That's part of the reason I posted this thread. ;) It exposes the hypocrisy of so many anti-cop people here.

43 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

Fuck off

See what I mean? xD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KryptoKroenen said:

That's part of the reason I posted this thread. ;) It exposes the hypocrisy of so many anti-cop people here.

See what I mean? xD

It is a trait of weak people. 

If they are weak they stand up for other weak people no matter how flawed the situation is. 

If they see a strong person they try to tear them down because weak people fear strong people. 

They're just a slave to their fears. It's sad really. 

8 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

Your point?

I think it's pretty obvious, especially considering how terse you are acting.

7 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

It is a trait of weak people. 

If they are weak they stand up for other weak people no matter how flawed the situation is. 

If they see a strong person they try to tear them down because weak people fear strong people. 

They're just a slave to their fears. It's sad really. 

Exactly, it reminds me of one my favorite quotes from C.S. Lewis, "The claim to equality, outside of the strictly political field, is made only by those who feel themselves to be in some way inferior." Beta males and females always see the need to attack Alphas merely out of fear and a need to justify their own insignificance.

22 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

They obviously failed to mention the part about trying to stab people to death. Duh! 

Boiling cats is normal to you? Seems crazy to me. 

That was mentioned in the article. And again...that was an event that should have been prepared for, the police knew beforehand this was a civilian, not a criminal. If they were prepared for danger they could have subdued him.

The police force or at least some kind of health professionals should have training and experience in handling people of this mindset

The cat boiler may seem to have some sadistic tendencies but its not conclusive, it appears more that in his narrow mindset the cat is a pest to just handle flippantly with harmful action

and there arent always situations that call for mental instability rather than people acting on violence (which is not always a trait of disorder, but of corruption)

And I repeat again, this man is arrested.

These two situations are not comparable. 

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

1 minute ago, KryptoKroenen said:

I think it's pretty obvious, especially considering how terse you are acting.

If you are referring to that other thread (which frankly shouldn't be mixed into this), and think I'm anti-cop, that's not  true.

I'm anti-bullshit authority and when the police works hey that's great. I never claimed it never worked.

1 minute ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

If you are referring to that other thread (which frankly shouldn't be mixed into this), and think I'm anti-cop, that's not  true.

I'm anti-bullshit authority and when the police works hey that's great. I never claimed it never worked.

The issue is that most people read 'anti-excessive use of force by police services' as being 'anti-police'.

• Like 1

Why is it always black people doing this kinda shit?

Like, seriously, I went into this thread thinking "I hope this guy isn't black" And yet, here we are.

Every time I find a report of an animal suffering some awful abuse, there's always some black kid giving some smug smile to the camera about it.

I'm not even trying to be racist about this shit, I just don't understand how it always seems to be some black kid from a shitty neighborhood.