Suggestion: Appropriate avatars

jcstinks

I suggest that we have a policy around sexual or fetish-centric avatars. Specifically, a stricter one than is currently used on FA.

I have come to notice that some imagery, while not sexual on its own, becomes purely sexual in the context of a furry forum. For example, a foot is not sexual on its own, but an animated gif of two feet rubbing together is clearly a signal that the user has a foot fetish, and declares to the forum that the user is getting off to their own posts. This kind of bull ass spit is gross and weird.

I see tons and tons of these on FA, all of the time, and they make me highly uncomfortable. FA's policies will even allow a naked, exposed, bouncing breast so long as the breast does not have a nipple.

I would like to ask your opinion on restricting the following imagery:

: Close-ups of feet
: Gaping maws
: Diapers and pacifiers
: Spanking
: Fattening / gorging on food
: Close-ups of buttocks or breasts (exposed or not) used in an erotic fashion
: Crops of faces where the person involved can be seen to be in a sexual situation
: Bondage or other fetish gear
: Other fetish-related topics as appropriate

REASONS FOR:

: Adults should not expose minors to sexual imagery
: Open display of fetishes attracts social failures
: I don't want to think about you getting an armpit-induced stiffy every time I respond to you
: Furries already have a bad enough rap sheet as it is without becoming a lake of weirdly-produced semen
: It's GROSS and WEIRD
: Stop shoving your sexual armpits in my face

REASONS AGAINST:

: LOL I don't care do whatever it doesn't hurt anyone

Edited by jcstinks
  • Like 3

Fetish avatars are a handy sign that the user is good entertainment.

I mean, what's a forum without a bit of disgusting furry spice every once in a while?

Plus, we don't want to be deterring any newcomers with rules we might not need.

9 minutes ago, Saxon said:

@FlynnCoyote which artist made that?

You may disagree with me, but don't derail my threads with this shit. This is not the place for you to be masturbating your little penis to a fr*icking foot.

Oh my god.

Oh my GOD.

Edited by jcstinks
oh my god
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Which means sexually explicit or overly suggestive avatars would already be prohibited, so it's a not really an issue.

My suggestion is that covertly suggestive avatars should also be banned. There is no way, for example, for a pacifier to not be used here in a sexual context. Everyone is aware of what it means for an adult furry to have a picture of their personal manimal sucking a pacifier.

• Like 2

Just now, Saxon said:

Yeah; it clearly states in the rules that only hot sexy avatars are allowed. 

Also...if you want to ban 'gaping maw' does that mean my yowly avatar offends you? 

yes because it makes me horny for vore. Vorny.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zerig said:

source pls

Do you have wax in your ears? I specifically asked not to have that posted in my thread you jizz-infested cockjuggling puss bubble.

7 minutes ago, Mentova said:

Gross sexy avatars are already banned though. D:

And yet we still have at least one fetish-theme avatar active in the forums without consequence.

Just now, Saxon said:

If I might just add...I have never understood why breasts are specifically singled out, particularly nipples, as 'unsuitable for children'. 

Breasts are biologically intended to be shoved in little children's faces. They are specifically for children. 

Babies, not children

15 minutes ago, Rhíulchabán said:

Since the forum already bans explicit sexual content, that follows over into avatars as stated above. If something "subtly sexual" is in an avatar, it comes down to Mod arbitration to determine if it is against the rules or not, I think it is going too far to make a whole rule out of it.

Like, what if someone wanted their avatar to give off "bedroom eyes," that is technically subtly sexual, but isn't really ban-worthy in my eyes when it comes to avatars?

Obviously, there has to be a threshold of what is appropriate and what is not. There is nothing wrong with looking at things on a case-by-case basis. "Is it probably wack-off material? Yes?" Then no.

• Like 2

I'm gonna straight up hide the foot fetish pics. They're literally there to antagonize OP who is trying to have a discussion here. Shit up watercoolor or whatever else but the mods use these threads to try and accomplish something. 

Also, its total bullshit that the mods are trying to do something with phoenix, but the same users who want a change will purposely antagonize the OP for bringing up something that should be addressed. Site discussion is for a positive purpose and not yet another playground to be asses in. I'm actually quite disappointed. You want change but then you act like children when we try to bring it? 

56 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Also, its total bullshit that the mods are trying to do something with phoenix, but the same users who want a change will purposely antagonize the OP for bringing up something that should be addressed. Site discussion is for a positive purpose and not yet another playground to be asses in. I'm actually quite disappointed. You want change but then you act like children when we try to bring it? 

Something that should be addressed? Like it already is in the rules?

"Do not upload or embed any content not fitting in this policy anywhere on the site, including posts, blogs, comments, signatures, avatars, and headers."

Underline mine. Now I'm gonna be frank and say I intended that pic as a joke. Maybe I'd take you guys more seriously if the issue I raised (which turned out to be valid by the way) didn't take so long to be addressed and wasn't shrugged over by all but one of you. Now in this particular case it seems that the OP is taking issue with the fact that some users might get frisky at the sight of certain images that will mean all but nothing to everyone else. Now unless I'm mistaken, the general reaction by a lot of us has been basically don't worry and move along. Which is pretty much what I got told in response to my own gripe. Difference is I have yet to see this avatar issue manifest on the forums whereas my report concerned a very real very nonconstructive rules violation that all but one of you repeatedly ignored. Also hilarious is that it's almost the same rule. No, wait. IT IS!

So... Be disappointed.

I will also take this opportunity to say I am sorry to @jcstinks for shitting up the thread. In principle I agree with you, however I think the rules cover this issue adequately and trying to add anything further would be unnecessary. Maybe even bordering on extreme.

@FlynnCoyote, buddy, your complaint got taken care of the day you brought it up. I have the logs in the depths of skype chat to show we discussed it. However, someone failed to let you know that it was dealt with, so hey, that's on us. Good, great, now your beef has been cooked and we all had a nice meal. 

However, none of us have to take this shit nicely while you continue to be a shithead about stuff. And! Even then! If a mod is being shitty about your problem in another thread, your response is to shit up another one because of how yours was dealt with? Instead of calmly handling it by saying, "Hey, JC, its already covered in the rules, man." JC coulda been like "Okay man, that's cool." And THIS THING WOULD HAVE NEVER BECOME AN ISSUE. 

We've already shown that we do not ever listen to people who cannot communicate respectfully and effectively because we're not gonna entertain shouting matches. Before someone bitches about 'sugarcoating', if you wouldn't talk to your coworker like that, you shouldn't talk to us like that. And before someone makes a quick like, "well talk to my coworkers like that," its not my fault you're socially inept. 

I personally didn't deal with your thing as I was doing school stuff, so I'm operating only on what you've been doing. I trust my other mod's judgement. 

Yet again, I encourage people to take up their issues with the mods effectively. PM us like an adult and we'll get you taken care of. 

Next time you have an issue, PM the mods. Please.

I'm done with this nonsense tonight. 

@jcstinks, your thing was dealt with. I'll bring up to the mods talking about the foot thing. In the interim, take screenshots of the avatars yu think may fall under that and report. I'll contact you personally if we change the wording to let you know.

I'm locking this for now since the problem was dealt with. As always, if my mod friends think I shouldn't have, they're free to unlock it. Very few of our decisions are ever permanent. 

• Guest locked this topic