Can we have a dislike button?

Hux

41 minutes ago, Mentova said:

No, you may only be happy in this forum. Any emotion other than happiness will be terminated with extreme prejudice.

Don't worry Phoenix I'll save you.

I will be your despondent dark angel in your greatest hour of need.

Your paladin of pout when you need it most.

Your single loaf of burnt sourdough in the batch.

• Like 5

Better yet, give it teeth, like on Flayrah. If your comment goes negative, it starts to disappear. If it happens regularly, everything you post starts to disappear - and if you're arguing with someone, and nobody else cares, the votes apply cumulatively to your reply thread.

Edited by GreenReaper
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Oh dang...imagine how many people will have NEGATIVE rep.

Forum drama would be through the roof

It'd be funny... Don't you want to hear some some fur-sperg get flamed to death after bemoaning the fact they can't legally rape their pets?

30 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Don't need a negative rep count to let that happen, though.

Yeah, but I feel it would add a more passive-aggressive and subversive element to the drama allowing everything to build up to a more dramatic crescendo of high-tier furfaggotry. I hope that makes sense.

Maybe it could be seperate from 'likes', as you suggested.

Oh well, mods will never allow it. I guess there's still fun to be had.

Edited by Hux

11 minutes ago, Saxon said:

That sounds awful. 

It's pretty common in comment systems designed to sort and filter content. The most notorious example is obviously reddit, but you see it also on sites like Ars Technica.

It would be horrible for a small forum community like this one, though. 

Slashdot had (still has?) something like that, though in a rather unique way.  Every day, it assigns moderator points (5, IIRC) to a random set of users, and they spend those points acting as actual mods, rating posts up or down.  The catch is, if you post in a thread, you can't mod any posts in it, and if you mod in a thread, you lose the point and the mod action if you post in it.

Edited by ArielMT
Ninja'd.

Lets not have the "reddit effect" here. It's an obnoxious sort of feature that does more to kill discussion rather than promote it. On the opposite side, the main advantage of the Like button is that it stops cluttering up threads with "this!" posts that don't add anything of value.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Onnes said:

It's pretty common in comment systems designed to sort and filter content. The most notorious example is obviously reddit, but you see it also on sites like Ars Technica.

It would be horrible for a small forum community like this one, though. 

It ruins every forum. Reddit can keep it's bullshit pseudo-censorship thank you very much.

6 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

It ruins every forum. Reddit can keep it's bullshit pseudo-censorship thank you very much.

Reddit comments would be completely unreadable if they just had everything there in chronological order. Those threads get stupidly long stupidly fast.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

Better yet, give it teeth, like on Flayrah. If your comment goes negative, it starts to disappear. If it happens regularly, everything you post starts to disappear - and if you're arguing with someone, and nobody else cares, the votes apply cumulatively to your reply thread.

greenreaper! damnit man I'm relying on you to fix my wikifur article and you still haven't done it! :c

3 hours ago, Sir Gibby said:

Lets not have the "reddit effect" here. It's an obnoxious sort of feature that does more to kill discussion rather than promote it. On the opposite side, the main advantage of the Like button is that it stops cluttering up threads with "this!" posts that don't add anything of value.

^^^this.