Rant: I'm Tired

Terminal7

I've been looking at too many old threads lately...

"You know for someone who is completely dense for a 16 year old who is so obsessed to being a popufur. you certainly have some very poor unrealistic expectations. I can see why your getting so much flack because of what your posting i see your the type that does'nt think before they post."

Wow, hasn't changed a bit. 

You see, I think too much. Not even think... I worry too much. It builds up and I explode - I don't just make a post about how terrible life is and how concerned  I am about how people view me everyday: that's what it could have been. 

So I'm going to break my worries, and replace it with something finite and predictable:

Fuck all of you. 

I'm not trolling, and I never was trolling. Evan tried to give some actual help - I respect him for it. For just about everyone else:

I'm tired of the circlejerks here. 

That was the real concern I couldn't get passed. Reminded me of real life far too much. Maybe lesser...

I remember when everyone was mourning the death of Red. Even members who didn't even talked to her had endless good times with her. 

Lets be real, was posting your sorrows really necessary? Was it supposed to bring her back of the dead?

I'll be honest, I did not know her well - but I liked her.  I'm a tad bit jealous of her - Actually- very jealous of her. When she died I didn't know what to say, I only made a few posts. There was nothing to say.

I'm jealous of Pastry as well. I like her.  But I'm still jealous. 

When a member says that likes come from popularity and not quality posts, what's the point of even trying? I can't say half the shit Pastry does and you know it. 

If she said "Forum, get your shit together", you would.  Of course that's not going to happen anytime soon. As long as she's around. 

Oh, hell. I'm better off screaming at a cage full of shit-flinging chimps. 

I wouldn't envy the others, each has their own problems, unique in their own ways. We don't need another pastry, or another Red. 

But there isn't another one of you.

We'd much rather have you than a copy of someone else. 

3 hours ago, Terminal7 said:

If she said "Forum, get your shit together", you would.  Of course that's not going to happen anytime soon. As long as she's around. 

Not quite, she doesn't hold sway, per say, she's just a resident joker, not to insult her.

was posting your sorrows really necessary? Was it supposed to bring her back of the dead?

Now I'm unfamiliar with who red is, but whenever someone passes, people being community creatures, feel the need to at least acknowledge it, or say something. 

Furthermore, I, and I'd assume many of the people on the forum, have no idea what goes through anyone's thoughts, including yours. By default the internet, although we try to be subtle, makes people say things they wouldn't normally say, and form opinions they normally wouldn't form.

We're not against you in any way. You aren't nearly as disliked as you'd think, and many of us are open at any time to talk to. Furry communities especially tend to be supportive of one another, when you get all the way down to it.

2 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

We're not against you in any way. You aren't nearly as disliked as you'd think, and many of us are open at any time to talk to. Furry communities especially tend to be supportive of one another, when you get all the way down to it.

Here's the thing: I don't want to talk to anyone here. If it takes a year to get into a conversation with any member, it's not worth my time staying here.

Users support the users they like. They'll only directly help a person that they like. Other than that,  expect nothing. You're fair game.

You should have seen how they treated Gem.

6 minutes ago, Terminal7 said:

Here's the thing: I don't want to talk to anyone here. If it takes a year to get into a conversation with any member, it's not worth my time staying here.

Users support the users they like. They'll only directly help a person that they like. Other than that,  expect nothing. You're fair game.

"I don't want to talk to anyone here"
-- proceeds to complain about how long ot takes you to get into a conversation with someone

what???

and what happened to Gem.. well.. that was on her.

You don't come to a public forum and talk about putting your child on mind-altering drugs and expect it to go smoothly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

"I don't want to talk to anyone here"
-- proceeds to complain about how long ot takes you to get into a conversation with someone

what???

and what happened to Gem.. well.. that was on her.

You don't come to a public forum and talk about putting your child on mind-altering drugs and expect it to go smoothly.

Who cares,  Volk? I don't care if I contradict myself. This thread is to benefit me,  not you. 

Don't even bother trying to bend it in your favor. 

Just now, Terminal7 said:

Who cares,  Volk? I don't care if I contradict myself. This thread is to benefit me,  not you. 

Don't even bother trying to bend it in your favor. 

None of this is said to be in my favour, I'm just pointing out why your post doesnt make any sense. just chill out, maybe take a break for a bit

this is just a forum for people to talk to each other, it doesn have to be the end of the world

I don't what's going on here; I obviously missed something, or more likely forgot.

As my grandpa always told my mom when she was getting shit from people, "Consider the source."

I don't know if that will mean anything to you; i just like to clack my keys.

Sorry.

we mourned the loss of Red and Milo because they were pretty well known and a lot of people had pretty close connections to them. and since it was a shared grievance, it seemed pretty natural to share that sorrow together

6 minutes ago, Terminal7 said:

that's your own prerogative. if you don't wanna talk to anyone that's fine. but don't make it seem like everyone else's fault either. no one's really obligated to talk to you

this isn't anything special to this forum though

• Like 4

It's extremely unlikely anyone will approach you to assist, you'd have to ask. Just ask if you can talk for a bit, many wouldn't mind. It'd only take a year if you wait for them to take the first step. It's generally up to the person who wants to talk to begin it.

I have no idea who Gem is, and it sounds like her story, for the moment, is finished here.

6 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

None of this is said to be in my favour, I'm just pointing out why your post doesnt make any sense. just chill out, maybe take a break for a bit

this is just a forum for people to talk to each other, it doesn have to be the end of the world

I'm not taking any breaks 

What is there to return to? This fucking place?

So, not only my spiritual beliefs a minority, so is my sexuality, my skintone, my attitude and a list of other shit.

Am I going to be a party pooper for  people in those threads? 

Should've been. 

Did I try to ask for some change?

Could've but I knew that wasn't gonna go anywhere. 

Did I try to ask for some change?

Could've but I knew that wasn't gonna go anywhere. 

You never do know, until you try. Too many variables to draw a conclusion like that one. 

Furthermore this forum is full of people who are minorities, you aren't alone in being a minority. 

Honestly, continuing to post in this thread isn't likely the best idea.

Something is obviously bugging you, and dealing with it, in a sensible, rather peaceful way is likely the only way you'll be able to get back to better things.

Or sleep, stress is best handled with a refreshed and calmed mind.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Second what Feelwell stated and I'd advise you take a step back. 

In the future, if you do not want to have the feeling of being left out, talk to other forum members more. Maybe do something similar to 6tails and stream something like a game. 

Last time I tried that, messages were ignored for weeks. I could send a second message and get no response.

As I said,  I don't want to talk to other forum members anymore as I hate them

That's not very hard to understand. 

Last time I tried that, messages were ignored for weeks. I could send a second message and get no response.

As I said,  I don't want to talk to other forum members anymore as I hate them

That's not very hard to understand. 

Then why are you taking a page from the book of Eversleep?

• Like 2

Zeke, I sent you a message weeks ago.

Don't tell me you've forgotten it. 

If you mean that message, the answer is: No, I cannot delete your account. You are going to have to muster the willpower to leave the forums for good on your own. 

3 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I have to know...

what is this book of Eversleep?

You...don't want to know.

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

If you mean that message, the answer is: No, I cannot delete your account. You are going to have to muster the willpower to leave the forums for good on your own. 

So,  if you can't delete it:

Why can't you ban it? 

I've already found an alternative to this forum, and I'm much happier there than I'll ever be here. 

I could leave and never return- that's easy for me now.

I don't want a history with this place. And if I become some forum urban legend on the way out, fine. Stating how I feel about this forum and its members is the last favor I could do. 

If you hate it here much you should probably just go away. If you're so concerned about being popular, try being less bitter and petty and more interesting. Unlike you, Red had a wonderful, larger than life personality and she touched people that she only talked to briefly. I'm not surprised that the whole forum mourned her, not one bit.

Edited by MuttButt
  • Like 5

No one's obligated to give you attention, and no one's obligated to like you.
If your concerns with how you interact with a community solely revolve around self-obsession, you cannot be surprised when people don't want to bite.

25deb37264f024f7f52fbab75ff172a0.jpg.d4b

Stamping your feet and making demands doesn't put you in a positive light,
and that's on you.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, #00Buck said:

If homeboy wants to get banned it isn't that hard. 

I'm on the road towards being banned just for making fish puns and having a dark sense of humour. 

I can't take anything you say seriously with the profile pic.

It's eyes are accusing me.

3 hours ago, Vae said:

25deb37264f024f7f52fbab75ff172a0.jpg.d4b

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

If you hate it here much you should probably just go away. If you're so concerned about being popular, try being less bitter and petty and more interesting. Unlike you, Red had a wonderful, larger than life personality and she touched people that she only talked to briefly. I'm not surprised that the whole forum mourned her, not one bit.

I don't even know what to say to you. Honestly. 

I accept my dependence on people and I understand how meaningless my life is. 

Can I end it? 

Nope.

Hey, I found out that I wasn't really supposed to be born! How beautiful was that! The only reason I fucking exist is because another son died in the womb. 

I was an asshole to my mother and father. I'm not proud about that. 

I was an asshole to both my sisters. I'm not proud about that either.

I couldn't even fucking protect her when she was getting abused by her boyfriend. 

I couldn't see the manipulation of me. I couldn't help a person in need cause I was too fucked up my self.

You don't have to remind me of how meaningless my life is. I've realized how purposeless life is.

1 minute ago, Terminal7 said:

Can I end it? 

Nope.

Hey, I found out that I wasn't really supposed to be born! How beautiful was that! The only reason I fucking exist is because another son died in the womb. 

I couldn't even fucking protect her when she was getting abused by her boyfriend. 

I couldn't see the manipulation of me. I couldn't help a person in need cause I was too fucked up my self.

You don't have to remind me of how meaningless my life is. I've realized how purposeless life is.

Don't ever talk like that! You aren't an accident, you're here that's all that counts. If I knew where you lived, I'd mail myself to your house, come out of the box, hug you, than fly away.

Not quite. We've never stated, nor is it likely any of us believe, your life is meaningless.

However, that really is a matter of perception. I just recommend that you chose to believe it is purposeful. 

Look dude, returning to this isn't helping you. You want my advice? Sleep it off. Come back here in the morning if you want, but we've reached an impasse here, for tonight. 

1 minute ago, Thundeere said:

. If I knew where you lived, I'd mail myself to your house, come out of the box, hug you, than fly away.

I regret to inform you, that mailing people is illegal in most parts of the world, as it had become quite an issue.

21 minutes ago, Terminal7 said:

Can I end it? 

Nope.

How is this anyone else's problem, though?

Everyone has their own shit to deal with.
The sooner you realize this, and accept that the universe does not and will not ever revolve solely around your own experiences, the better.
For both your own obsession with this, and those around you.

Edited by Vae

I'm jealous of Pastry as well. I like her.  But I'm still jealous. 

When a member says that likes come from popularity and not quality posts, what's the point of even trying? I can't say half the shit Pastry does and you know it. 

Oh, hell. I'm better off screaming at a cage full of shit-flinging chimps. 

Are you fucking serious?

Ignoring everything before the part about me specifically (since I don't feel like getting very, VERY mad right now), I don't know what you're trying to say.

Are you saying my mere existence makes this place shitty?

Are you saying I have some sort of rule immunity through sheer popularity (ask a mod and my like 5 infractions, I don't)?

You wanna know how I became popular?

I was me. I posted what I wanted to say however often I felt like it and over the span of 3 years or so people began to like me.

I didn't make threads whining about how nobody upvotes my posts or some dumb shit. Like this place is a bit circlejerky sometimes sure, but so is literally every forum you'll ever find.

Be a cool person and people will eventually like you. This forum is no different then society itself and the sooner you accept that the happier you'll be. 

I mean shit, if you're cool enough you may even find the love of your life here like me. 

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Terminal7 said:

Can I end it? 

Nope.

Maybe you should talk about this stuff rather than about how much you hate us.

Or maybe you have... I read almost everything posted here, but I can forget things.

Whatever the case, it really does help to let things out and talk about it. I should know, I'm a suicidal wreck half of the time. I know people here can have really terrible bedside manner, but it can still help to vent; and often times there really are some intelligent opinions buried under the sass.

You could always try PsychCentral forums too. I hung out there for a short time one and it seemed like a nice place.

And i don't know that its such a bad thing that you feel the urge to hang around here. It can feel like an unhealthy obsession sometimes, but we all need somewhere to hang out. I don't know what kind of social life you have, but for some of us this is pretty much it.

Just don't let the LIKEs mess with your head. Some days I get none, some days i get 10. It's not even so much the quality of your posts as it is the turn of the cyberweather.

This is me trying to be nice, anyway. Take it or leave it. Stay tuned to PAF for more Great Programming.

• Like 2

I might sound blunt on this one, but I'll get straight to the point.

If you keep saying to yourself you're desperate and lonely, that's all you'll ever be.

I was treated like absolute shit for most of my life outside the comfort of my home. But I don't want this to ruin my life, so I try to CHANGE the situation by actually doing something. I have major self-esteem problems as well. It's nothing easy to fix, but either I take the bull by the horns or I sink into depression.

I realized I may have sounded a bit too self-absorbed in the past here, and that's why I try not to be too serious about my problems.

Take life with a grain of salt. And if there's something bothering you in your life, go ahead and DO what you can to change it. Don't keep regretting your past, that won't fix anything. Just remember not to repeat the same mistakes, and work toward making your future better.

• Like 5

I really hate it when people say theyre jealous of Red's seemingly circlejerkish following

And yeah youre not the only one, there was at least one other guy.

I get where you guys are coming from. Yes, its sad. we mourn the death of Red, whilst other lesser known users had they passed would have gone off of existence, maybe with some wondering where they went and never knowing...

Its sad.

But theres a reason so many mourned her

Red was GENUINE. She was a kindhearted and strong spirit and an inspiration to everyone she touched or heard about her. Theres a lot to her character that she built, and she did it by bucking up and making herself better

Im kind of hurt to hear people jealous over her death, it may seem from an outside standpoint that she was some goddess of popufurity among furries...but thats not it at all. Red was humble, in her own words, she has done bad and she has done good. She was human.

TL;DR Dont any of you speak of Red this way...it disrespects her so damn much...

2 hours ago, #00Buck said:

If homeboy wants to get banned it isn't that hard. 

I'm on the road towards being banned just for making fish puns and having a dark sense of humour. 

And porn avatars?

• Like 2

Listen, your personal issues are your own here. The forum isn't to blame. However, 

"Was posting your sorrows really nescessary? Will it really bring back the dead", and, "I saw people here who never talked to her talking about all the good times we had"

Dude, how the fuck would you even know that? Red had a lot of relationships outside of FAF. Moreover, do you realize how much of a fucking asshole you sound like? There's people here who were straight up in love with her. No fooling. There were people here who had long lasting, tender relationships with her. There were people here that'll never, ever be able to put their hearts to rest in regards to her. Myself included. 

"Lets be real", here, your self esteem issues, like I dunno, being jealous of the fucking dead, don't excuse you of being an asshole. And that was a serious dick move. 

4 hours ago, Terminal7 said:

So,  if you can't delete it:

Why can't you ban it? 

I've already found an alternative to this forum, and I'm much happier there than I'll ever be here. 

I could leave and never return- that's easy for me now.

I don't want a history with this place. And if I become some forum urban legend on the way out, fine. Stating how I feel about this forum and its members is the last favor I could do. 

Then leave. No one's stopping you but yourself. If you do return, just remember; 

• Like 3