Questionnaire re-enabled

Zeke

To prevent spammers from registering AGAIN, the questionnaire has been turned back on. The question is:

Solve: 420+123*2

The answers accepted are:

hail satan

satan

If you want to help out and add in some more rotating questions and keep all spambots on FAF where they belong (:V), go ahead and leave one to submit  with your answers hidden behind a spoiler tag. Max: 5 answers. Nothing too racy if you can help it and simple. 

What is the name of this forum?

phoenixed forums
the phoenixed forums

If the goal is just to stop bots from registering automatically, then all you really want are simple, inane questions that humans will immediately recognize but that bots will not because they lack any sort of sophisticated language parsing.

22 hours ago, Zeke said:

To prevent spammers from registering AGAIN, the questionnaire has been turned back on. The question is:

Solve: 420+123*2

The answers accepted are:

Reveal hidden contents

hail satan

satan

If you want to help out and add in some more rotating questions and keep all spambots on FAF where they belong (:V), go ahead and leave one to submit  with your answers hidden behind a spoiler tag. Max: 5 answers. Nothing too racy if you can help it and simple. 

I'd recommend against math since most spambots now can parse math, sadly. There can be some stuff done with gifs that blink the text a bit or something to get around image OCR but at some point it's not really worth it

as for a suggestion question:

Name a fox subspecies ("___ fox")

Red

Arctic

Fennec

Swift

Kit

I know there's more than that, but probably 95% of the people that see that will answer with one of the first three, soooo

1 minute ago, arcana said:

I'd recommend against math since most spambots now can parse math, sadly. There can be some stuff done with gifs that blink the text a bit or something to get around image OCR but at some point it's not really worth it

Couldn't you just add a catchpa on top of it?

1 hour ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Couldn't you just add a catchpa on top of it?

1 hour ago, arcana said:

as for a suggestion question:

Name a fox subspecies ("___ fox")

Reveal hidden contents

Red

Arctic

Fennec

Swift

Kit

I know there's more than that, but probably 95% of the people that see that will answer with one of the first three, soooo

The Captcha's already on onto of the math. There are no alternates to it that I can add (like pictures of some furry fox from FA or adding a pokemon image for the questionnaire). I'll check with Carenath if something like that can be added.

For now, the math thing is a temporary solution unless I remove the numerical answer and make it nothing but words. 

I'll take some of the questions here and add them in.