Granting new creative minds exposure?

Kaedal

It's 5am, so hey, let's start a thread about how we all give exposure to the new creative minds we run into once in a while. 

What do you do, if you run into a creative mind that you find particularly good? An up and coming artist that just needs that extra shove to get the recognition? A starving musician? An aspiring writer?

Edited by Kaedal

I like to casually remind them that I think they're awesome every so often and encourage them to keep going, but also not go overboard with it. I know I used to hate it when people would compliment my work, especially if excessive... It actually made me feel worse because it seemed fake and is part of the reason I stopped drawing much.

Most of the artists I've been all "OH YEAH AWESOME" are now popufurs and don't have time for nobody otters like myself 

It's an awesome feeling seeing an artist you like finally price himself out of your price range. Like I was saying to do for a year.

That does seem like an awesome feeling. I don't want to be a popfur, but I want to be noticed a little.

That's why I like to encourage good upcoming artists. It's important to feel support and to gain a small following. I know I've been trying for a while to get some ground, and I've even started branching off into other places to become apart of those communities.

I give a signal boost to newer artists here and there, fave their works so it appears on my page to be noticed by more people and if I can find the energy sometimes I will do a fanart for them and provide further publicity for their profile. 

It's the sort of thing I would have appreciated in my noob days so I try not to be too stingy now with others.

Most of the artists I've been all "OH YEAH AWESOME" are now popufurs and don't have time for nobody otters like myself

You're a nobody? o-o
Not to me xP

Personally, I pimp their stuff on /r/furry, favourite their stuff and comment when I can, and all that stuff. Offer encouragement.
There's not much I can usually do personally, as I don't get many followers to boost artists to.

I commission the artist and shout out in a journal post. So I not only give compliments but I like to throw money at them. I might even over pay sometimes. 

Money is nice but I think spreading the word is more important. 

To be fair, it can bring in some amazing art. 

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14911448/ <- This, for instance, is one of my all time favourite pieces. It's also one of the cheapest and fastest pieces I have. 

I give them honest critique when they ask for it. Lots of folks pamper new artists, but the ones that are most succesful listen to good, honest crituqe and actually execute it. 

• 3 weeks later...