Rant: Tired and pissy

FenrirDarkWolf

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Well, here's an obvious place you can start to improve to make your life better. There's plenty of other shit you could do too I'm sure, but best to tackle one problem at a time.

Yeah, it is something I've been tackling for a month and a half.

1 minute ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I applied for a few jobs at stores, so I'm waiting for them.

The school would offer me one, but they don't know if they have to budget to until the fiscal year starts.

Who did you give the applications to?

If you live in a small town this makes sense, big city you'd need to pick up the pace like 100x.

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

Who did you give the applications to?

If you live in a small town this makes sense, big city you'd need to pick up the pace like 100x.

Just some of the places in town like CVS and Kmart.

Texarkana's not really big at all, but it does have a shitty job market and half the people work outside the city anyway.

Just now, FenrirDarkWolf said:

Just some of the places in town like CVS and Kmart.

Texarkana's not really big at all, but it does have a shitty job market and half the people work outside the city anyway.

I wasn't asking what stores.

You always want to ask for the manager, especially somewhere like CVS or KMart. You wanna go in looking professional and make sure to hand the store manager your resume. If you didn't do that, I'd probably wait a week and then ask for them and just say you want to check on the status. You should really do that anyway. If an employee says they can answer your question tell them thanks, but please go get the manager.

Also, even in a small city it's best to play the numbers. Apply everywhere and deal with the annoying BS for just a week or two, rather than dragging it out for months.

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

I wasn't asking what stores.

You always want to ask for the manager, especially somewhere like CVS or KMart. You wanna go in looking professional and make sure to hand the store manager your resume. If you didn't do that, I'd probably wait a week and then ask for them and just say you want to check on the status. You should really do that anyway. If an employee says they can answer your question tell them thanks, but please go get the manager.

Also, even in a small city it's best to play the numbers. Apply everywhere and deal with the annoying BS for just a week or two, rather than dragging it out for months.

ohshit, sorry. I can't read well because I really AM extremely tired. I've been passing out on-and-off for the past 6 hours.

I'll be sure to keep all that in mind... a lot of places I AM applying to are stores or restaurant jobs.