Fucking assholes making my FB posts public with screencaps

Crazy Lee

Well I am in a shit ton of drama here that may mean I lose several friends. This seems to happen to me, although most of the time it's because people can't handle that I'm loud, angry, and blunt a lot of the time (Sorry delicate snowflakes).

Over on Facebook I have a female friend who was in a bad relationship. Mind you almost all my FB friends are people I know personally.

I noticed something about both her last/current relationship, and the previous one, and maybe even the one before. On FB, she would be like "Oh, what a wonderful relationship", but on tumbr, every once in a while I'd see a post saying she was being verbally abused by her current and former bf. And this concerned me.

Just recently, she broke up with her bf because apparently the verbal abuse got so bad he was threatening her. She had to put a restraining order on him. However, earlier this week, I saw him posting on her FB, and then a couple days ago, she posted a picture of the two of them. Okay then.

So, what to explain all of this? On FB she would claim the relationships were good, but on other places I'd see hints of abuse. This seemed to happen with all her relationships. So that made me think three things were going on, and I posted my thoughts in a locked FB post that only close friends could see, some of whom were friends with her as well.

A) She's a strong feminist. And she has some mental health issues. I wondered if maybe she saw what would be normal, healthy relationship fights as verbal abuse. Maybe.
B) Makes it all up for attention. But, I doubted this, and I'm willing to believe that she honestly feels she's being abused.
C) She has the tendency to hook up with men who verbally treat her like shit. If this is the case, it's really sad and I'd like to help her have better relationships.

Whatever the case, she had left a verbally abusive boyfriend, had to put a restraining order on him, and is now friends again with him? Dating again? I feel like she's doing what a lot of victims do, where they make excuses in their heads to stay with their abusers, and I fear he might harm her.

So I posted all of this in a friends-only post, the theories above, how I was worried about her being in so many supposed abusive relationships, and if she's back with her ex abuser, she might get hurt again. In the post, I never used her name, and even shooed people away who were asking who she was. I respected her privacy. And what does one of our mutual friends do? He/she screencaps it and shows it to her. Which is partially my fault, I should have fucking blocked those mutual friends from seeing the post.

And then she got all angry at me, saying that she was upset that I didn't believe her and that I shouldn't talk about her behind her back. And I can imagine she sees me as just another typical male, one that thinks that rape and abuse victims are just "making it up", like a lot of feminists feel. When in reality I do believe she is being abused. If I didn't, then why would I even care about her safety?

And I have a bunch of people angry at me because I was pissed that people were screencapping private FB posts and putting them out publicly, and I've been running around being accusatory towards a bunch of people who were a part of our friend's circle. I have an idea on several people who are friends with both of us and would probably do it. In fact, I bet it's that one woman... she's done shit like this before... stupid bitch.

FB is only useful for communication with people whose phone numbers you can't be assed to get. 

Conversations like this should only happen face to face with people you trust, or sites like this where you can guarantee anonymity because nobody knows you anyway.  

I don't know how you can fix this. But I hope you can figure it out. Preferably face to face with her. 

Facebook can be a great tool or your worst enemy. A good rule of thumb is to only post things on Facebook you wouldn't mind seeing on a poster on the street. 

I think we're all kind of overlooking how he pointed out the infringement of privacy. That kind of action will be taken no matter the medium, and I'm speaking from personal experience. If you tell someone something in confidence and someone who shouldn't be listening hears you, the medium does not matter, they will use it against you.

• Like 1

It's the internet people can take screen shots of everything and anything and because some of her friends could see it you should have figured one of them would tell her if people don't want to be your friend for being concerned that a friend might be in an abusive relationship then fuck them

I created an account ten years ago, can't be bothered to look it up again. I think it still has photos of me at age eleven too....

Also, back when I had the account, some "friends" accused me of breaking a glass door at the acting place I worked at. I didn't break it, but they were jealous of my acting abilities l, so they made me out to look like a bad kid. I dropped them as soon as I could. Probably the reason I don't use FB anymore.

My step sister's got a boyfriend that just punched her the other day. So far she's been with about three or four guys, only one of them wasn't a complete asshole. 

Hasn't gone to the cops once for god knows why, and she's not the type to get scared. My dad and I went to the police a couple a times, though NY doesn't have the greatest law enforcement. 

Social Media Tip: If you are making Facebook posts that you only want some of your Facebook friends to see and others to not see, you should not post those things on facebook at all.  Only a naive idiot would think that people don't gossip when people talk shit about other people.  Didn't you lean that in High School?

• Like 2

In an FB group with like 10k people. Fun place. Someone is posting screens of drama from people she knows there so we can read and laugh at it. She's at least blurring out the last names, but it's kinda not sitting well with me. Just seems like a fucking mean thing to do. Rude too.

• Like 1

Most likely her parents had a similar relationship, whether it was an abusive father, or something along those lines. Women form attraction to men on much more abstract levels dealing with emotion, where men are more physical in nature (penis goes into vagina, etc.)

This is probably learned, and from what I've seen, women who go after the jerks don't seem to ever give up that trend, no matter how how abusive it may be.