Sleepwalking

FenrirDarkWolf

If you count five or six nights of no sleep, and getting to the point of hallucinations and/or confabulation to the point you can't even differentiate what really happened with what didn't. Then again, it's also very possible all the shit that was just too crazy to happen really did, it wouldn't be the first time in my life that has happened... >.>

I don't sleepwalk, but I use to have a roommate that would almost every night. Sometimes it was concerning, but usually it was hilarious.

There was one time he went to bed early due to closing the previous night and opening that day. He was out like a light in minutes, but about an hour later I see him bolting down the hallway and out the door, and speeding across the parking lot- in nothing but his boxers. He came back a little while later asking what happened, because he said he came to standing in line at a gas station just a block up the street.

I haven't sleepwalked since I was little, but the concept fascinates me. If I ever do it again, I hope it's something useful like sleepwalkingthedog, sleepwalkinglongdistancestoburncalories, or maybe sleepwalkingdownthehalltodothetaxes. That would be sweet.

Only sleepwalking story I have was when I was on vacation in Hawaii back in like 2006. Went to sleep on the third floor of a hotel and woke up in a hallway on the 23rd floor. There were balconies everywhere since Hawaii, so I'm kinda glad I didn't, you know, fall the fuck to my death.

Had to go to the ground floor to get a hotel key since you needed one to punch in anywhere but the ground floor.

Was fucking strange. Dreamed I got kidnapped that night, actually. Doubt that's true though.

On 6/28/2016 at 3:18 PM, Conker said:

Only sleepwalking story I have was when I was on vacation in Hawaii back in like 2006. Went to sleep on the third floor of a hotel and woke up in a hallway on the 23rd floor. There were balconies everywhere since Hawaii, so I'm kinda glad I didn't, you know, fall the fuck to my death.

You reminded me, in college in some of the dorms at UMass (the Sylvan area) the windows opened out and people used to get extra bunk bed parts to prop up their bed in a single.

One year, a student managed to roll out of his 8th floor window and crashed on the ground and died >.<

On 6/27/2016 at 2:03 PM, Sylver said:

Once, when I was 5.

I casually walked into the kitchen and said "hey" to my dad, before opening the fridge and pissing inside. By the time I woke up my dad was still cleaning it. I don't remember any of it =/

That's odd...I also peed in the fridge, in my sleep, when I was about the same age. Maybe this is not so uncommon!

1 hour ago, Sylver said:

I knew someone who pissed in their bin...and around the bin... they couldn't piss straight when they were awake, and they couldn't when they were asleep =/

I read that sleep walking may occur when the person tries to wake up, but they don't fully wake up, so they are in this partially awake state. We've all had that morning where we're tired or hung over and the brain isn't working right, so you end up pouring coffee into your cereal instead of milk, or something like that. I think that sleepwalking may be related to that, so a part of your brain isn't functioning properly (and that's somehow related to being tired or hung over).

#PhoenixForums
we talk about kids pissing in fridges

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4813367/#!po=1.25000

I disagree it's probably nociception and more likely GABA related or glutaminergic, which also explains the motor problems. Somatosensory receptors aren't causing it.

Whatever the reason, it's always a bit funny, when you discover you've peed in the fridge!

Fortunately, this was a 'one of' event.

*examines the fresh produce I just got at the farmer's market, and gives a sniff, just in case*

On 7/1/2016 at 2:21 AM, Ricky said:

You reminded me, in college in some of the dorms at UMass (the Sylvan area) the windows opened out and people used to get extra bunk bed parts to prop up their bed in a single.

One year, a student managed to roll out of his 8th floor window and crashed on the ground and died >.<

Yikes. My sleepwalking story is kind of a fun story on the surface, but when I think about it, I could have fallen to my death and no one would have known what happened. And even if my parents figured out why I died...i mean, what a shit way to die.

46 minutes ago, Conker said:

Yikes. My sleepwalking story is kind of a fun story on the surface, but when I think about it, I could have fallen to my death and no one would have known what happened. And even if my parents figured out why I died...i mean, what a shit way to die.

There's actually a gif out there of some drunk college student climbing off a balcony in his sleep and falling to his death. Ever felt like you were falling just before falling asleep, causing you to jerk awake? Imagine that, except this time you're actually falling. Christ.

On a less grim note, one time a few years ago I went to sleep after leaving my laptop on the floor. Woke up to a considerably damaged laptop. I've never been much of a sleepwalker as far as I'm aware, but I must have stepped on it or something while I was asleep.

Oh yea, I once sleep/slightly awake walked out of my bed and infront of it when I had a terrible fever as a young child. It was bad enough I was hallucinating that the small cowboy and native american figurines I had were fighting each othe. At this point I was lucid though because I managed to throw up on them and knew to get my parents. Still. Glad I sleepwalked out of my bed. Saved me a mess :V 

• Like 1