LootCrate: Furry Edition

DevilishlyHandsome49

59 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I'm done with lootcrate type things. I've acquired so much useless crap that I'll never use.

I always found the concept stupid:

Yay, the frustration I feel when I get useless items in games, instead of the stuff I actually want, I get to experience in real life!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

I always found the concept stupid:

Yay, the frustration I feel when I get useless items in games, instead of the stuff I actually want, I get to experience in real life!

I watch videos of these getting unboxed and if there's anything I particularly like I buy it on eBay. It's the perfect way forward =D

• Like 3

Someone needs to get Ian one of these, he does a great job reviewing LootCrate and others:

Honestly I have never seen the appeal of these, paying to get a bunch of random stuff that you are likely to dislike most of.

If you want these kind of cheap novelty items, why not just buy them for the things you know you like?

• Like 2

The appeal comes in the fact that you get to be like one of those cool youtubers and that maybe you'll make a video and you'll become like SUPER popular and everyone will like you

Or maybe you're one of those people who just like EVERYTHING so you'll enjoy the contents of the box no matter what turds lie inside (which tbh is a pretty enviable attitude, I wish I could be that positive)

You could also just like buy the box for that one thing you like and sell everything else so it's like getting that one thing for pretty cheap, but that seems like a lot of effort

11 minutes ago, 6tails said:

The one I get is a box of the most popular snacks currently out in Japan. I've not been disappointed by a single one, including the DIY gummy candy kits.

And the gachapons are so cute.

Oh, I have no problem with the food boxes, as long as you aren't picky and enjoy the kinds of food offered, you're likely going to get your money's worth.

It's just the ones that send you a collection of kitschy toys/memorabilia from a wide range of franchises. It's highly unlikely you'll like all the franchises included, and the things that are most common in some of these boxes (wind up toys, key chains, key protectors) are often not appealing for most people, especially if they include a different version of that object every month (like keychains every month, like 1Up Box appears to do in Ian's videos).

On 11/08/2016 at 6:46 AM, LazerMaster5 said:

As long as it doesn't have just a bunch of stupid Dorbs. Between a year of Marvel Collector Corps and Lootcrate, I have too many vinyl figures, and I find Dorbs fucking boring. At least the Fallout armor one doesn't have that shitty smile.

I wouldn't mind seeing videos of those Dorbs getting melted or used as target practise. If the box is furry themed then they will likely be of popular people's fursonas or failing that things like starfox or zootopia characters.