Terrible Things You've Done in Videogames

Feelwell

Alright fess up, I'm sure you're all guilty of at least one thing that wasn't nice. Whether it be taking advantage of a new player to steal his stuff or burning down someones home for a poor reason. (The rug was weird colored.) Recount your terribleness here, and perhaps why you feel you were justified. This could be to NPCs or other online players.

I've got 3:

1. Running down probably a couple hundred civilians in one go on Watch_dogs because I was both on a phone call and trying to play the game.

2. Being a super duper cheater and messing with people using a lagswitch. (Basically could teleport short distances.)

3. (And this one I feel was justified.) I stole someones carpet on minecraft.... When I was little I played minecraft with my younger brother. Him and I needed a bed to sleep but we couldn't find any sheep because someone had murdered the surround landscape in favor of a series of shopping malls and walmarts. Enemies were spawning in and we needed to think fast, because if we died we'd lose our house. (We didn't know where it was but it was miles and miles from the spawn.) So I broke into the neighbors house and stole all the wool for his carpet to make beds and assorted tools.

I did leave an apology note though.

But vicious flesheating monsters did climb into his house through the holes I'd made.

• Like 1

My immediate action in basically any run of Fable 2 was saving enough money to buy a house,
renting out the house at max price,
setting the clock forward,
collecting taxes,
rewind clock,
buy new houses,
rinse, repeat.

Also running around and insulting people and shooting spells at them in my underwear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vae said:

My immediate action in basically any run of Fable 2 was saving enough money to buy a house,
renting out the house at max price,
setting the clock forward,
collecting taxes,
rewind clock,
buy new houses,
rinse, repeat.

Also running around and insulting people and shooting spells at them in my underwear.

So you're both a reprehensible retail person, AND a streaking spellcaster.

23 minutes ago, Aouzy said:

I haven't played Animal Crossing New Leaf in months

OH SHIT

They're probably fine... Ish.

22 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

Someone bought me Terraria and I had no interest in it at all. So I downloaded an inventory editor and went onto a server just to annoy people by relentlessly spamming the whoopie cushion.

Okay that, is evil.

• Like 1

I got tired of getting blown the fuck up in GTA V Online for the millionth time so, other than my aggressors, I started KOSing all who were within my reach, even innocent players

I blew up Megaton in Fallout 3 in a couple of runs. Got into the slavery business on one playthrough

I killed Toriel on my first run... Actually, I think the only survivors were Papyrus and Sans. Toriel, Undyne, the spider lady, Mettaton, Asgore, Flowey. All dead

Well, in both Oblivion and Skyrim I would often assassinate NPCs for no other reason than to see if I was skilled enough to get away with it, or because they had caused me minor annoyance. I remember one time I found a bard's singing annoying while in an inn, so I slipped them a frenzy poison, making them go berserk and attack the patrons, who then proceeded to kill the offending bard for me.

I guess it could also be considered pretty terrible that in a variety of strategy games (though mostly in Company of Heroes and Dawn of War) I would often sacrifice huge numbers of infantry in order to extract a unit I considered more valuable from a dangerous situation.

Oh, and I used to go on Second Life just to mess with the people there a while ago, I guess that counts.

3 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

I once killed Nazeem in Skyrim. Then I used the console to resurrect him only to come up with even more diabolic way to kill him again... And again and again

Wait, does that count as an evil deed? 

No, killing him is a greatest service you can do to Tamriel and the Nine Divines.

I even installed a mod that replaced all rabbits in the game with him (and also assigned him to the nature faction, so noone would care when he was killed), so that I could experience the joy of killing him repeatedly while gallivanting around Skyrim.

Back in the day when I used to play Starcraft:Brood War I'd join 7 v 1 computer games and uncheck the "Allied Victory" button.

The human players would all kill the enemy computer, but the game wouldn't end. I'd only build a small to middling base so I wouldn't seem very powerful or threatening. Meanwhile the other players would all be freaking out trying to figure out who the traitor is. Massing their own forces, pointing fingers like, "EVERYONE! YELLOW BASE IS BUILDING STUFF! HE MUST BE THE TRAITOR!" and eventually turning on each other like a pack of dogs.

I'd usually let them kill a few random people then turn allied victory back on, or I'd form an alliance with a few others and we'd sweep the rest of the teams.

It was fun to fuck with people in that game. <;

1. Path of Frost death in WoW. Deathgrip people off cliffs. Graveyard camp. Intentionally fear "glitch" people into walls. 

2. Created "bombs" in Morrowind and used Balmora as a testing site.

3. Created "bombs" in Oblivion and used the Imperial marketplace as a testing site.

4. Werewolf Massacre in Morrowind and Skyrim.

The Sims

That reminds me of one person in that game (Sims 2). One of the default persons, a punk person living in a castle/manor in that desert area (Literal translation: Strangevalley). He was a test subject for my scientist Sim and seemed to be in horrible pain and going mentally insane. It's a miracle he didn't get any physical malformations. One time a fire broke out in a room and I deleted the door and he died. He looked so frightened when he met the reaper. Of course I reloaded like a scum I am