I'm Not Gay Enough

Toshabi

53 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

Hey real talk tho, gay/queer subcultures can be pretty cliquey, elitist, and judgmental. It's pretty frustrating, kind of feels like one step forwards and two steps back yaknow? Why bicker among ourselves like that?

tbqh, this is one reason I really don't want to go to like, the LGBT group at my uni, because it feels very cliquey to me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

tbqh, this is one reason I really don't want to go to like, the LGBT group at my uni, because it feels very cliquey to me

You should give it a chance at least, it's a lot like the furry community imo

if you get in with a bad crowd it can be really shitty, but if you find the chill people then you couldn't ask for a better group of friends.

• Like 1

Just now, MuttButt said:

You should give it a chance at least, it's a lot like the furry community imo

if you get in with a bad crowd it can be really shitty, but if you find the chill people then you couldn't ask for a better group of friends.

Yeah, I guess so.

Whenever I physically am able to go back, I'll actually attempt to go to the meetings and the such

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MuttButt said:

Hey real talk tho, gay/queer subcultures can be pretty cliquey, elitist, and judgmental. It's pretty frustrating, kind of feels like one step forwards and two steps back yaknow? Why bicker among ourselves like that?

This
I find that the community is kind of split between people who are indistinguishable from your average joe and just happen to be gay and the ones for whom being gay is a lifestyle that affects everything they like and do. The latter can sometimes be downright bitchy and they revel in drama that would make highschool girls go "Whoa, hey now that's a bit much." When they aren't being overly sexual and turning everything into some kind of gross innuendo they're gossiping and acting like they perpetually live in an episode of rupaul's drag race. And I cannot relate to them at all. These are the people that ridicule others for "not being gay enough" or who react with a really childish level of exaggerated disgust at the mere mention of finding the opposite sex attractive. I'm not even going to go into how some of them treat transmen...

I can't say I've had great experiences with gay subcultures. Granted I'm the kind of person who finds it really hard to immerse myself in a community, including this one. I sometimes mingle with members of the LGBT community or the furry fandom but never fully feel welcome in either circle. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

I can't say I've had great experiences with gay subcultures. Granted I'm the kind of person who finds it really hard to immerse myself in a community, including this one. I sometimes mingle with members of the LGBT community or the furry fandom but never fully feel welcome in either circle. 

It's the same for me, for the most part, but one place I've had some very positive experiences is at gay bars. They're a total blast, strangers are extremely friendly and conversational and you get the impression that you can totally hang loose and be yourself without worrying about what people think of you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MuttButt said:

It's the same for me, for the most part, but one place I've had some very positive experiences is at gay bars. They're a total blast, strangers are extremely friendly and conversational and you get the impression that you can totally hang loose and be yourself without worrying about what people think of you.

I wanna take you to a gay bar!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Red Lion said:

. And I cannot relate to them at all. These are the people that ridicule others for "not being gay enough" or who react with a really childish level of exaggerated disgust at the mere mention of finding the opposite sex attractive.

These type of people really drive me up the wall and its why I ended up avoiding the lgbt groups at my college because that was the majority who went there and it was just very off-putting.

Best thing is when I came out to my friends in college and they were like "How can you be gay? You don't have a lisp or act all super camp or are obsessed with fashion."

And I was just like "Why does there have to be a criteria? I like men, there's no ulterior side to it."

• Like 1

You mean this thread isn't about not being gay enough for the fandom? :V
I was about to explain how I compensate for my heterosexuality by liking show tunes and shunning football.

There will always be someone who says you're not _________ enough for whatever it is you do or like. Those people are idiots. Ignore 'em.

FWIW, this is favorite video for the Gay Bar song:

• Like 3

21 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Femmen sounds like some kind of yeast or something.

Sir, do not take yeast's good name in vain.

11 hours ago, #00Buck said:

No I'm the manliest thing alive. 

No, you're a fish.

Toshiba, you are plenty gay. If it makes you feel better, every time I read one of your posts I think 'oh gosh that tosh is a big ole faguette of a baguette' <3

11 hours ago, Sourdough said:

Sir, do not take yeast's good name in vain.

No, you're a fish.

Toshiba, you are plenty gay. If it makes you feel better, every time I read one of your posts I think 'oh gosh that tosh is a big ole faguette of a baguette' <3

Gay fish.

• Like 2